Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP 25 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 25 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 25th Anniversary Edition of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA, KBO and the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Old 03-19-2024, 10:09 PM   #1
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

"Number of pitches thrown" when choosing which reliever to send in

One thing I've always wished for is, when you are playing out a game and view your lineup in order to replace your starter, the pop-up would show how many pitches the reliever threw yesterday, 2 days ago, etc. As it is, it shows his pitching ratings and his stats for the last couple years. You have to click on his name to see how many pitches he's thrown recently and how tired he is.

This is not a big deal--just a "quality of life" type feature that I hope will someday make it into OOTP.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 12:36 AM   #2
Swiffle
Minors (Single A)

That information is show in different spots as well. Below the lineup widgit, the bullpen has the + icon that brings up the pitchers, and shows that information, either to warm them up if the warmup rule is turned on, or insert them into the game if the warmup rule is off. Personally, I use a customized view with pitcher stats on the main substitution screen, and I have reliever fatigue displayed as one of the columns so I can see what % they're at. That is found under Pitching Stats when customizing the view, and there are also options for starting pitcher fatigue, and pitches for today, 1 day ago, 2 days ago, etc.

I do think having player fatigue shown on the player's tooltip would also be helpful though.
Attached Images
Swiffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 06:04 PM   #3
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, but I must be misunderstanding something. Where is the lineup widget?
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Old 03-20-2024, 10:11 PM   #4
Ataraxzy
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
Thanks, but I must be misunderstanding something. Where is the lineup widget?

Button pointed to by blue arrow. Make sure you have the Lineups widget for the team you're managing visible during the game.
Attached Images

Settings: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...4&postcount=16
Ataraxzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 09:29 PM   #5
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

After playing around with my current test save I think I understand what you guys are saying. Wouldn't I need to go to "configure screen" while in-game, then click "reset," and then choose which widgets to hide or view normally? And then resize them and move them around so I can see all of them on my in-game screen?

I see that there is a widget for the home team bullpen and one for the visitor's bullpen. The problem is that you will have to change which widget is shown, depending on whether you are playing at home or on the road. Maybe for those who have large computer monitors it's not a problem to have a lot of widgets open. But my screen is not that big. It's only 20 inches wide.

Back several versions ago I experimented with widgets, but they seemed like more trouble than they were worth. From that time I have always just accepted the default game day screen. When I want to make a substitution I just click the substitutions tab for my team.

It would be simpler if, when I hover the cursor over a pitcher, it showed his pitch count for the last 5 days instead of his ratings and stats for the season.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:51 PM   #6
kq76
Global Moderator

The thing about that popup bullpen window is I can never remember which side of the slashes is yesterday and which was the first day, both orders make sense to me somehow. I wish they'd give us some sort of indicator of which it was. The left side is the oldest, the right side is the most recent, but I always have to go to the Substitutions screen as I can't remember that.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 09:58 PM   #7
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Aha! I noticed something else. The kind gentlemen above have been referring to the "modern 2D view." I have always used the "traditional 2D view," which does not show the lineup widget and the little button for "bullpen." I have to say I don't like the modern 2D view.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:02 PM   #8
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
The thing about that popup bullpen window is I can never remember which side of the slashes is yesterday and which was the first day, both orders make sense to me somehow. I wish they'd give us some sort of indicator of which it was. The left side is the oldest, the right side is the most recent, but I always have to go to the Substitutions screen as I can't remember that.
While fiddling around with the "modern 2D view" I see that when you hold the cursor over the "pitches" line for a bullpen pitcher a popup gives you that information. For example, "30 pitches 3 days ago, 7 pitches 2 days ago." That's the information I want to see, but unfortunately for me I just don't like the "modern 2D view." I don't know what you would find using a 3D view. I have never liked 3D. I know lots of guys love it, but it just does not appeal to me.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:17 PM   #9
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
While fiddling around with the "modern 2D view" I see that when you hold the cursor over the "pitches" line for a bullpen pitcher a popup gives you that information. For example, "30 pitches 3 days ago, 7 pitches 2 days ago." That's the information I want to see, but unfortunately for me I just don't like the "modern 2D view." I don't know what you would find using a 3D view. I have never liked 3D. I know lots of guys love it, but it just does not appeal to me.
Oh! Cool, thanks. So often I just don't notice mouseovers.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 04:24 PM   #10
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

One thing I *do* like about the "modern 2D view" is that the numbers and the text, at least at the top of the screen, are larger than in the "classic 2D view." Also, things look a bit more spread out. I'm in my late 60s, and my tired old eyes appreciate that bigger text.

Last edited by Antonin; 03-22-2024 at 08:53 PM.