Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-13-2019, 02:35 PM   #41
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Idea: PT Olympics

Every 4 weeks there are Olympic tournaments : 1 for each level of the game. Each league gets 1 entry to the tournament.
Each team in each league nominates 1 pitcher and 1 batter from their team to participate in the tournament and has by Friday to make their nominations.
Teams may coordinate on discord to assure a nice team.
The computer decides which 25 belong on the team and thereafter manages the team.
The winning league shares the reward (x number of packs) equally among all teams who nominated players even if none of the team's nominations were selected. A nice trophy to the winning leagues participating teams, also.
Tournaments start on Saturday and should be a best of 7 single elimination event. First 3 or 4 rounds on Saturday. Last 2 rounds on Sunday afternoon or evening.
First round byes randomly given when the number of leagues is not a power of 2.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #42
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

@ Markus

Are you guys planning on a cover fee for these tournaments? Maybe i'm in the minority but I think each tournament should be self funded.... It addresses many potential issues.

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #43
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I would like to get into a 1750 cap tournament that can use historical cards, but there are none available today.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:43 PM   #44
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
@ Markus

Are you guys planning on a cover fee for these tournaments? Maybe i'm in the minority but I think each tournament should be self funded.... It addresses many potential issues.
No chance they do that (Markus or another developer has specifically said so) even though I personally would like a high roller tournament. Right now I'm just kinda mindlessly entering whatever I can when it pops up but slap a 10K PP buy-in on a 16 man with a 100K first prize and now I am interested.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:04 PM   #45
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
@ Markus

Gambling! How about a tournament of 2 best of 7 100,000 entry fee winner take all less 10%?
Old 11-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #46
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Gambling! How about a tournament of 2 best of 7 100,000 entry fee winner take all less 10%?
I fail to see how this is anymore gambling than buying a pack of cards... So OOTP gets to "print" PP and throw it on every tournament... this is going to devalue our game currency overtime.

Old 11-13-2019, 04:08 PM   #47
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Actually head to head "tournaments" might be the most fun of all. No waiting. Just go on discord and challenge someone to a best of 7. Regular pack to the winner.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:12 PM   #48
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why does there need to be a rake?

Sounds like a lot of fun although I get making the decision to not have any with entry fees.

Last edited by dkgo; 11-13-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:22 PM   #49
bailey
Hall Of Famer

There doesn't need to be a rake; I'm just being consistent with the tax on sales.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:40 PM   #50
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

We've been very clear about this. There will be NO tournaments with buy-ins. It's not an option

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:47 PM   #51
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post
We've been very clear about this. There will be NO tournaments with buy-ins. It's not an option
I was demonstrating the absurdity of buy-ins by being absurd. But I do think head-to-head play is a good idea even with no reward to the winner.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:50 PM   #52
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

It's not absurd though, it is quite common in the industry.

Look at Magic Arena where you enter an event with in-game gold and then earn gold based on how many wins you get.

But it isn't happening here so not really worth talking about.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #53
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I think there should be more tournaments separated by card type restrictions (i.e. Diamond/Silver/Iron, etc.). Kind of hard to find these. And maybe fewer tournaments separated by tournament style (i.e. double elimination, etc.).
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #54
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I was demonstrating the absurdity of buy-ins by being absurd. But I do think head-to-head play is a good idea even with no reward to the winner.
It's not absurd at all, it's 100% logical.

Old 11-13-2019, 05:09 PM   #55
getalife1798
Minors (Single A)

Moving forward, I am just going to be playing in cap only tournaments with maybe a random silver or bronze tournament.

Two days into the beta, with only a few hours to play at night..there is nothing worse than seeing your team win the first two rounds only to be fed to a team full of perfects or high diamonds (non capped tournaments I joined to try out).

Also, can tournaments be separated in a screen by date joined? Last night, I tried to view all the tournaments I joined the previous day and they started to get mixed in with tournaments I recently got eliminated in. I can see over time that they are all going to look very similar when trying to review.

OOTP21

OOTP20

getalife1798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:12 PM   #56
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
I think there should be more tournaments separated by card type restrictions (i.e. Diamond/Silver/Iron, etc.). Kind of hard to find these. And maybe fewer tournaments separated by tournament style (i.e. double elimination, etc.).
Yep I agree.

In Silver there is pretty much always a quick 16 man Bo5 starting soon that I can jump into. Perfect.

But for Bronze the only quick tourneys are one 128 man any-card and two 64 man live-card available right now? Why?
Old 11-13-2019, 05:13 PM   #57
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by getalife1798 View Post
Moving forward, I am just going to be playing in cap only tournaments with maybe a random silver or bronze tournament.

Two days into the beta, with only a few hours to play at night..there is nothing worse than seeing your team win the first two rounds only to be fed to a team full of perfects or high diamonds (non capped tournaments I joined to try out).

Also, can tournaments be separated in a screen by date joined? Last night, I tried to view all the tournaments I joined the previous day and they started to get mixed in with tournaments I recently got eliminated in. I can see over time that they are all going to look very similar when trying to review.
I mean, that's kinda the point. The non-capped tournaments are supposed to be for elite teams to play each other.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:15 PM   #58
getalife1798
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I mean, that's kinda the point. The non-capped tournaments are supposed to be for elite teams to play each other.
Agreed, but that's not going to get players like me to play them. My point is that I am hoping for more capped tournaments over non-capped tournaments.

OOTP21

OOTP20

getalife1798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:34 PM   #59
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey guys,

I'd like to hear your feedback on available tournament types please. Are there too many? Which ones work well, which don't? Which are interesting and fun, which aren't? How about capped tournaments, which cap values are good etc?

So far my takeaway is:
1) Maybe too many tournaments are available, too much choice.
2) Quick tournaments should not be bigger than 32 teams.
3) The big tournaments (64+ ) should be Daily or Weekly tournaments, scattered throughout the day.
4) Sim interval after the first sim should be 10 minutes across the board, otherwise big tournaments take too long.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your feedback! So far we're very happy, and we're well on track to launch the feature (plus another required patch) on Monday!

Markus

1. There are probably too many available currently.
2. I think most play pretty well, good variety of outcomes or what you can expect. The Bo7 ones play quite a long time. The open tourneys seem to not be as fun for free folks to a certain extent. It's fun to beat the occasional loaded folk, but not a logical use usually.
3. 32 and below work well for quick. 64 can work well for a tournament that kicks off at night I believe. Folks can sign up throughout the day.
Maybe the limit is 1 daily tourney, 1 weekly, then 3 of the regular tournaments for folks to sign up on.

I would like to participate in a 128 or weekly one, but don't want to waste a slot over the course of the week.

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:35 PM   #60
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Would it be possible to create a tournament watchlist so we could queue tournaments we wanted to join but don't have a slot open for right that moment, and then it's easier to find those tournaments later?

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote