Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-06-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)

Six email accounts?

Took advantage of recent winter sale and bought second game license off Steam for $4.99. Have already been playing three PT teams since game launch, which I bought off of the initial direct sale.

Have had no success at adding additional PT teams off of the new Steam version, as it will not allow me to reuse any of the initial email addresses already used for my existing PT three teams, despite the separate license.

Searched online forums and have not been able to find an answer, sent a support ticket, but received no response back. If you buy two versions of the game, do you really need six distinct email addresses to maximize your PT entries?

I wouldn’t normally play more than 3 teams, but at the $5 price thought it might be interesting to sandbox some different strategies in preparation for the release of OOTP 21.

Has anyone had success at setting up distinct PT teams on different licenses without having to create more email addresses?
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:32 PM   #2
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzery View Post
Took advantage of recent winter sale and bought second game license off Steam for $4.99. Have already been playing three PT teams since game launch, which I bought off of the initial direct sale.

Have had no success at adding additional PT teams off of the new Steam version, as it will not allow me to reuse any of the initial email addresses already used for my existing PT three teams, despite the separate license.

Searched online forums and have not been able to find an answer, sent a support ticket, but received no response back. If you buy two versions of the game, do you really need six distinct email addresses to maximize your PT entries?

I wouldn’t normally play more than 3 teams, but at the $5 price thought it might be interesting to sandbox some different strategies in preparation for the release of OOTP 21.

Has anyone had success at setting up distinct PT teams on different licenses without having to create more email addresses?
]

Nope, I setup 3 addition free email addresses to bring my teams to 6.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:34 PM   #3
daves
Hall Of Famer

It should not require many e-mail accounts. If we have 3 licenses we can different user name, but different e-mails needs updated in PT 3.0? I don’t need 3 different e mail accounts .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:46 PM   #4
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
AFAIK each account requires a unique e-mail address.
But a Gmail account is super simple to set up and you can then forward from there to your main e-mail account.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:34 PM   #5
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

can you just add dots or a + to make the game think its different?
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:04 PM   #6
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
can you just add dots or a + to make the game think its different?
Yes this is what I do.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:40 AM   #7
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

Is there any particular reason we have to use different email accounts at all? Seems like a pretty unnecessary hassle, when there is already the 3 account limit stopping endless sign ups anyway?
Old 01-07-2020, 10:48 AM   #8
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilempenza View Post
Is there any particular reason we have to use different email accounts at all? Seems like a pretty unnecessary hassle, when there is already the 3 account limit stopping endless sign ups anyway?

It isn't stopping endless signups, but it is selling more licenses, each of which creates three more email accounts... only limited by drive space and disposable income.

A nod, you know, is as good as a wink to a blind horse.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:52 AM   #9
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post
It isn't stopping endless signups, but it is selling more licenses, each of which creates three more email accounts... only limited by drive space and disposable income.

A nod, you know, is as good as a wink to a blind horse.
Email addresses have nothing to do with it. 3 teams per license has sold more licenses but isn't that the entire idea for the company, to sell more games?

Plus, running 6 teams isn't nearly as interesting as I thought it would be. Not doing that going forward.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:25 AM   #10
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Email addresses have nothing to do with it. 3 teams per license has sold more licenses but isn't that the entire idea for the company, to sell more games?

Plus, running 6 teams isn't nearly as interesting as I thought it would be. Not doing that going forward.
Yeah, if anything it sells less licences as people will be put off by having to create more email accounts
Old 01-07-2020, 04:21 PM   #11
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)

I heard back from OOTP support, who confirmed that running two licenses and 6 PT teams does require six distinct email addresses. In addition, they have to be working email addresses since part of the team start up process is to authenticate the email.

It is easy to set up a bunch of throwaway gmail or yahoo email addresses, although as others have noted, it is a little bit of a hassle. Ideally, future versions of OOTP would allow you to toggle back and forth between accounts without the constant log in, log out process.

I also agree with the earlier poster that running 6 teams is probably more work than reward, I’m doing it only to test team setups like high contact/high defense/big parks vs. high power hitters/high MOV pitchers/small park, etc.
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:18 PM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

FYI, gmail (and perhaps other accounts) allow you to use + codes which count as distinct emails. So, for example:
username@gmail.com and username+ootp@gmail.com
are distinct emails addresses that you can use, however they both will go to the same gmail inbox.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:33 PM   #13
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzery View Post
In addition, they have to be working email addresses since part of the team start up process is to authenticate the email.
If you'd rather not create a bunch of email addresses to remember and keep up with, Mailinator temporary email addresses are my favorite when quick email authentication is required.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:36 PM   #14
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

I wish I knew this when I setup my teams but it is something I will do for PT3.

Like Matt Arnold stated using the plus sign + and then your team name or whatever means you can use the same email for all your teams without having to create any additional emails. This is from a google search.

Quote:
Just put a plus sign (+) after your name but before the @-sign and then type anything you like there, and the email will still reach you. You can also insert as many full stops (.) as you like, anywhere in the first half of your email address, and they'll still reach you, too.
Sep 26, 2017
Easy to check gmail and see what team the email is about. I can see where this will be useful for a ton of other things not related to OOTP or PT.

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:04 PM   #15
Spieler
Minors (Double A)

You can get "burner" addresses in Yahoo Mail too, if you dig down in the settings deep enough. No need to create new accounts.
Spieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:22 PM   #16
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

A friend told me that finding free email is almost as difficult as finding free p**n. Jeez, my ISP offers me 7 email addresses...and there's google, and yahoo, and mail.com...heck, there's aol still.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:30 PM   #17
mpatt75
Minors (Single A)

AOL is still around?!
mpatt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:01 AM   #18
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Indeed. I’m as surprised as anyone.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:15 AM   #19
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
It was acquired by Verizon back in 2015 for around 4.5 billion dollars.

It exists, just not the same as the dial up and e-mail people from the late 90s to mid 2000s.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 03:34 PM   #20
NikorMavel
Bat Boy

I bought a second gaming license on Steam for $4.99 during the recent winter sale and have already managed to play for the three PT teams I bought on the initial direct sale. However, I was unable to add additional PT teams from the new version of Steam because I could not reuse any of the original email addresses that were already in use for my existing three PT teams, despite the separate license. I searched the forums for an answer, but never found one. I sent a request to support, but still haven't received a response. If you buy two versions of the game, do you really need six different email addresses to get the maximum number of PT entries? I don't usually play for more than three teams, but for $5 I thought it would be interesting to add some different strategies to the sandbox in preparation for the release of OOTP 21. Has anyone been able to create separate PT teams with different licenses without creating more email addresses? Also, I also read about a hack on Metamask that caused cryptocurrency veterans to lose over 5,000 ETH. How safe is it to use cryptocurrencies and what security measures should be taken when dealing with them? Can this affect the cryptocurrency market as a whole? I found this out on a very good site that talks about this kind of news

Last edited by NikorMavel; 05-29-2023 at 04:15 PM.
NikorMavel is offline   Reply With Quote