Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #41
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Huh. I might need to log that in the bug tracking tool for Markus to take a look at. Do you have roster limits on the lowest levels of your affiliated minor leagues? That'll sometimes create that sort of weird AI behavior.
No I never add roster limits to minors. The MLB team doesn't always release him. It's just annoying when they do. I'm running some tests now and I'm going to pay attention to it more.

I have spent most of the day researching indy leagues and how they work. I've gone through The AA,ALPB, and UL and collected attendance, ticket info, schedules, and number of times players get sold. I want to put together a good template for the indys. I really want to get their financials right.

I'm also currently testing different buyout numbers to see which ones should go to which leagues. I'll post what I find
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #42
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Im seeing the same thing with signings and then release.

Also should player be signing minor league contracts?
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:24 PM   #43
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Im seeing the same thing with signings and then release.

Also should player be signing minor league contracts?
Yeah i was wondering about the minor league contracts. Is there a way to disable minor contracts for a league?
Old 07-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #44
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
I have spent most of the day researching indy leagues and how they work. I've gone through The AA,ALPB, and UL and collected attendance, ticket info, schedules, and number of times players get sold. I want to put together a good template for the indys. I really want to get their financials right.

I'm also currently testing different buyout numbers to see which ones should go to which leagues. I'll post what I find
Any plans on sharing this!?!?!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #45
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Any plans on sharing this!?!?!
So I've done 2 years so far. I used the mob quick start and added 2 indy leagues that are identical. One has a buyout of 250,000, the other, 100,000. There is no huge difference between the two.

in the 250k league year one: 32 were sold; year 2: 54 were sold

in the 100k league year one: 33 were sold; year 2: 42 were sold

The actual Atlantic League sold around 40 a year over the last few years. The American Association sells around 24 a year. If I add a few more indy leagues, it should spread out a bit. Once I incorporate league rep levels, We should get the right amount of players leaving per league.

I take back what I said about MLB teams releasing the player after buying them. It only happened a couple times. I thought it happened more because i wasn't really paying much attention to it.

What is odd and happens a lot (I counted about half of the purchases) is that either the same day or the next day after signing with the indy team, they will be purchased by an MLB team
Old 07-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #46
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Yeah i was wondering about the minor league contracts. Is there a way to disable minor contracts for a league?
I don't know.

Off the top of my head it seems that if a league has no minor leagues attached to it, that signing minor league contracts shouldn't be possible. Is that not the case? I've never noticed one way or the other
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #47
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I don't know.

Off the top of my head it seems that if a league has no minor leagues attached to it, that signing minor league contracts shouldn't be possible. Is that not the case? I've never noticed one way or the other
I'm seeing a bunch of weird stuff going on lol

I just had Brandon Short sign to the Frontier league for $6,000,000!!!!

The team in question didn't even have that much money available let alone the salary cap seen to not matter.

I think I am going to rebuild these indy leagues from scratch and start over.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #48
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Quote:
I'm seeing a bunch of weird stuff going on lol

I just had Brandon Short sign to the Frontier league for $6,000,000 !!!!

The team in question didn't even have that much money available let alone the salary cap sen to not matter.

I think I am going to rebuild these indy leagues from scratch and start over.
That is weird. The game doesn't tend to follow the specified league salary settings very well, but it should respect the salary cap and available money etc.

Please keep me updated on whether you see this problem crop up in the new leagues you start from scratch.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #49
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Edit- The following year, I hit the "assign fictional financials to teams" and the salary cap seem to be working now. But lets see if I'll see another Brandon Short deal..

Edit- Nope, Salary cap still seem to not matter. Edit- Seem as this problem been around for awhile. I guess the cap works like a soft cap?

Edit- Minor league contracts seems to create the problem of players being signed then released repeatedly by numerous teams. Maybe setting reserve rosters to no limit will stop this? Edit- The problem was placing a limit on the reserve roster (I guess placing the limit to none or 35 would fix this)

Edit- Seem as there was a bug/glitch whenever you call up a player to the active roster, the player was still playing with his minor league contract...Not sure what I did but it now seems that whenever a player is called up from the reserve roster he gets a contract now. I'm definitely going to rebuild this Indy league setup because something is weird with it.

Edit- No bug or glitch here. Players on the active roster list don't get hit with a major league contract until opening day (or after).

Seem like I am able to buy contracts from players within the same league...This could be useful for the MLB (Player for cash trades!) and I wonder if the AI uses it.

Edit- Sadly, we cannot purchase minor league players because their financials are disable.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 07-18-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #50
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

I was looking at info on the Frontier League (since that seem to be what the default indy financials are loosely based on)

$600 min salary is criminally low. Looking around the net, it seem that the min for the FL is actually $600 per month which would be $3000 (they must love the game lol) since Indy teams get paid In season only and their seasons only last around 5 months. I also read that the highest salary is making $1,600 a month.

Man, Indy ball must be tough. those guys would be happy with having a career as a A-AA player. Affiliated Club ball are paying players around $1300-$1500 thousand a month.

BaseballAmerica.com: Minors: Independent Audit: Indy Ball Players Aren't Playing For The Pay

Quote:
In practice, most leagues operate with a monthly salary minimum, ranging from $300 (Pecos) to $850 (Atlantic). But all of these rates annualized (seasons are five months) fall below the $11,170 federal poverty line. Admittedly, the average Atlantic Leaguer is making well above the $850 minimum (one executive said his team's average salary is $2,100), but in many leagues an offseason job pays to allow a player to pursue his dream during the baseball season.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 07-18-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #51
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for that link.

Yeah the 600 is way low. It seems who ever set that at the default only added the monthly salary.

In my Frontier league, I set the avg salaries, starting from super star, to 6000, 4800, 3500, 3000, 2800, 2600, 2500, and 2400. The salary cap is 72000

In my Atlantic league I have 15000, 13000, 11000, 9000, 8000, 7000, 6000, 5000. The salary cap is 275,000

I haven't started researching salaries in the other leagues yet.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #52
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for that link.

Yeah the 600 is way low. It seems who ever set that at the default only added the monthly salary.

In my Frontier league, I set the avg salaries, starting from super star, to 6000, 4800, 3500, 3000, 2800, 2600, 2500, and 2400. The salary cap is 72000

In my Atlantic league I have 15000, 13000, 11000, 9000, 8000, 7000, 6000, 5000. The salary cap is 275,000

I haven't started researching salaries in the other leagues yet.
Nice.

In a test, I set service days to 1 (reset for players coming from other league) so players can immediately become FA's after the season. Problem with that is since the roster is empty at season end, a team that can afford to do so would spend all of their money on one player which then puts them waaaay over the salary cap.

I'll give it one more try with the much lower base salaries.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 07-18-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #53
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nice.

In a test, I set service days to 1 (reset for players coming from other league) so players can immediately become FA's after the season. Problem with that is since the roster is empty at season end, a team that can afford to do so would spend all of their money on one player which then puts them waaaay over the salary cap.

I'll give it one more try with the much lower base salaries.
If you set the service day to 1, then do they accumulate more than one year in a season?

I wouldn't think they'd go to far over the typical superstar budget. I don't have an issue with too high salaries in my sims

I wonder if it's worth requesting a max salary option? The Atlantic league allows no higher than 3000 per month.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #54
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you set the service day to 1, then do they accumulate more than one year in a season?

I wouldn't think they'd go to far over the typical superstar budget. I don't have an issue with too high salaries in my sims

I wonder if it's worth requesting a max salary option? The Atlantic league allows no higher than 3000 per month.
No, it'll be stuck at 1 year until next season. But if you don't make the service times reset when players come from a different league then you will see those players end up with something like 100 years lol.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:14 PM   #55
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, it'll be stuck at 1 year until next season. But if you don't make the service times reset when players come from a different league then you will see those players end up with something like 100 years lol.
That's is a good idea. some indy leagues have an AB and innings pitched requirement for a year. I have just been trying to time the number of days to games in a season.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:46 PM   #56
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I think it is. I'll do so.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #57
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

a little off-topic but I discovered that we can buy players from within our own league if you have purchase players on.

This could come in handy for MLB (with a high fee) but I just noticed that I am not able to buy minor league players because the minor league financials are disabled. I originally thought minor league contracts weren't able to be purchased but thats not the case. This is a great hidden feature if fixed somehow. I was under the impression that the game used the parent league's financials for affiliated leagues.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 07-18-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #58
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Another thing to turn of for indy leagues is extensions. Typically, all players become FA at the end of the year.

The Atlantic league, and I'm sure others as well, have a protected list that allows them to negotiate with that player exclusively(only within that league of course). If they are not signed after a certain date, they become FA. It's another thing to ask for. It would also be cool for some fictional leagues to have that option as well.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #59
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Another thing to turn of for indy leagues is extensions. Typically, all players become FA at the end of the year.

The Atlantic league, and I'm sure others as well, have a protected list that allows them to negotiate with that player exclusively(only within that league of course). If they are not signed after a certain date, they become FA. It's another thing to ask for. It would also be cool for some fictional leagues to have that option as well.
I set mines to a 1 year limit. I've noticed that some players spend as much as 3 years with the same team.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #60
benitovo
Bat Boy

Has anyone had success with independent teams initially filling their rosters from the free agent pool?

When I added just one league (tiny with low financials), starting in June, it filled its rosters in time. However, with 6 leagues of varying size, start dates, and financial levels, teams sign some players but not enough to fill the roster. Teams have money, but it is tied up in offers, and the process goes too slow to fill rosters in time.

I eventually created fictional players for all teams. Obviously there were no roster shortages, and teams eventually signed many free agents. However, I ran into a similar problem at the start of the 2nd season (the leagues have one year max contracts, free agency after 1 year, extensions allowed). Pretty much everyone became free agents, and teams take too long to fill rosters for the 2nd year.

I have league reputations set low. Is it possible free agents don't want to sign with these leagues until they are desperate for a job?
benitovo is offline   Reply With Quote