Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #21
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

http://www.atlanticleague.com/ATLANT...14_EDITION.pdf Here is a link I've found on the Atlantic league. I haven't gone through it completely, but looking at the table of contents, it should have some great info on indy leagues
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #22
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
http://www.atlanticleague.com/ATLANT...14_EDITION.pdf Here is a link I've found on the Atlantic league. I haven't gone through it completely, but looking at the table of contents, it should have some great info on indy leagues
First time I quoted myself lol. I'm going through this and found:

Home Club is responsible for furnishing 3 cases of champagne and 3 case of beer to the visiting team should said team clinch a playoff berth, or playoff series at the Home Club’s grounds.

I think its awesome that's in the official rules.

Also this:

SECTION 5: SALARY GUIDELINES.
To assure parity of competition among League Clubs no player may receive more than $3,000 per month in total salary, nor shall a Club pay more than $55,000 per month (pro-rated for a partial month) for total of all Active List players during each month during the Championship Season.

RULE 15
PLAYER LIMITS AND RESERVE LISTS
SECTION 1: OVERALL PLAYER LIMITS
Except as hereinafter provided, no member of the League shall have more than forty (40) players under option, contract or reservation at any time, including active players, suspended players, inactive players, disabled players, and restricted players. Players on the Reserve/Retired List shall not count toward the 40 player limit. All players under contract or control of Atlantic League Clubs must appear on one of the following Lists which shall be filed with the League Office and kept current at all times. Clubs must notify the League Office of any changes within 24 hours, or before the start of the next game, whichever shall occur first:
ACTIVE LIST –
Filing and Maintenance. Each Club must file and maintain with the Executive Director an Active List which must include all players who are currently eligible to play in a Championship Season Game for the Club for which the Active List was filed. All Active Lists must be filed not later than the day prior to the opening date of the Championship Season. All changes to a Club’s Active List must be reported to the Executive Director within 24 hours.
Numerical Limits. The maximum number of players who may be placed on the Active List of any Club shall be 25; provided, however, that a Club may place up to 27 players on its Active List from Opening Day until midnight on May 31 each season. Players on Club’s Disabled List shall not count toward this limit.
Trades and Assignments – Member Clubs may assign to another Member Club an existing contract with a player, provided, however, that such all such assignments shall be first approved by the Executive Director. No player may appear on the Active Roster of another Club until 24 hours following notification of the League Office of the transfer or trade
DISABLED LIST –
Upon written application to the Executive Director, a Club may request that a player on its Active List, who is unable to render services because of a specific injury or ailment, be placed on the Club’s Disabled List. The application shall be accompanied by a description of the player’s injury or ailment. Upon approval of the Executive Director, the player shall be removed from the Club’s Active List and transferred to the Club’s Disabled List. Upon recertification by the Club’s physician that the player is approved to resume service, the Club shall notify the Executive Director that the player is being transferred from the Club’s Disabled List to its Active List; provided, however, that a player placed on the Disabled List cannot be returned to the Active List for a minimum of seven (7) days.
DISQUALIFIED LIST –
A player who violates a player contract or reservation may be reported to the Executive Director for placement on the “Disqualified List”. A player on the Disqualified List shall not be eligible to play for any other Club.
INACTIVE LIST –
Players that are not active or disabled may be placed on the Club’s Inactive List. Each club shall be allowed a maximum of 5 Inactive List players. Players on the Inactive List do not count against the Club’s Active Rosters. There is no minimum of time a player must remain on the Inactive List before becoming eligible to return to the Active List. Players on the Inactive List may be paid at the discretion of the Club.
INELIGIBLE LIST –
A player or other person found guilty of misconduct or other acts mentioned in Rule 7, or convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude, may be placed on the “Ineligible List” by the Executive Director. A player on the Ineligible List shall not be eligible to play for any Member Club.
RESTRICTED LIST –
If without permission of the Club, a player under contract fails to report to such Club, Club shall report such player to the Executive Director for placement on the “Restricted List”. A player on the Restricted List shall not be eligible to play for any other Club.
RETIRED LIST –
A player under contract desiring to retire from the profession shall make written application to the player’s Club, stating fully the player’s reasons for retiring. Club shall forward the player’s application, along with its recommendation to the Executive Director. If deemed proper, the Executive Director shall grant voluntary retirement status to the player, provided, however, that should the player decide to play baseball for hire during his retirement for other than the Club from whom he has retired prior to the date on which the contract with such Club would have terminated as set forth in such contract, the player shall first obtain the written consent of such Club.
SUSPENDED LIST –
Any Club may suspend a player under contract for insubordination, or other misconduct or for violation by the player of any regulation or provision of the player’s contract. At its discretion, the Club may also impose a reasonable fine and deduct the amount of the fine from the player’s salary or may suspend the player without salary for a period not exceeding 30 days, or both. Written notice of suspension and of the reason for the fine and/or suspension shall be delivered to the player with a copy to the Executive Director. During the period of suspension the player shall be ineligible to play with any other professional baseball club.

Last edited by jpeters1734; 07-15-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #23
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

I may actually start a GM career in the Indies instead of just using it as a FA filler like in the past.

Some of the rules intrigues me and it would be interesting playing with a salary cap.

Just hope my best players don't get stolen away
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:37 PM   #24
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
I may actually start a GM career in the Indies instead of just using it as a FA filler like in the past.

Some of the rules intrigues me and it would be interesting playing with a salary cap.

Yeah the atlantic league looks well put together,
Old 07-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #25
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah plus Im not that creative enough to create a fictional league of my own lol.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #26
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Yeah, the Atlantic League is pretty top class.

It's overall probably a better caliber of play and players than affiliated AA or any of the international leagues other than the *** and maybe KBO.

So overall it's maybe the fourth-fifth best baseball league in the world.

EDIT: Forgot AAA is actually three leagues. So maybe the seventh-eight best league.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 07-15-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:56 PM   #27
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I do wonder about the allowing players to be purchased from other leagues option. If you take over an indy team, do you get an option or do you just lose the player?
Old 07-15-2014, 07:11 PM   #28
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Do you guys know about i guess combining two leagues? I made a thread for it, but i thought id ask here too
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #29
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Do you guys know about i guess combining two leagues? I made a thread for it, but i thought id ask here too
Probably just make a template and import it
Old 07-15-2014, 09:00 PM   #30
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Probably just make a template and import it
Yeah, that's the way to do it.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #31
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Yeah, that's the way to do it.
Well, i have a feeder from one MLB league that i want to get to another MLB league.... how would i do that. because when i delete the one MLB league, it deletes the feeder as well.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #32
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Well, i have a feeder from one MLB league that i want to get to another MLB league.... how would i do that. because when i delete the one MLB league, it deletes the feeder as well.
Create a new feeder in the league you want it to be. Then merge the template with the old feeder with the first league and manually move the teams from the old feeder league to the new.

It's a bit of a PITA, but the best way to do what you want to do.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #33
itsmb8
All Star Starter

ok, no way to just delete the league and just have the feeder, then have it feed into the original league?
Old 07-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #34
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I do wonder about the allowing players to be purchased from other leagues option. If you take over an indy team, do you get an option or do you just lose the player?
Um, I'm not sure on that. You probably shouldn't get an option because irl pretty much all guys who sign with the indy leagues demand some sort of MLB release option. I think that's just standard for a player signing contracts with an indy team.

As I mentioned above, there's a ton of player movement in real indy leagues. You get the occasional guy who's been with the same team 4-5 years but for most teams something like 75% of their roster will turn over within a single season.

There's no point in getting attached to any one guy when there's always another guy available to sign who's equally good.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 07-15-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:13 PM   #35
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
ok, no way to just delete the league and just have the feeder, then have it feed into the original league?
Not that I've ever been able to figure out.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #36
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Um, I'm not sure on that. You probably shouldn't get an option because irl pretty much all guys who sign with the indy leagues demand some sort of MLB release option. I think that's just standard for a player signing contracts with an indy team.

As I mentioned above, there's a ton of player movement in real indy leagues. You get the occasional guy who's been with the same team 4-5 years but for most teams something like 75% of their roster will turn over within a single season.

There's no point in getting attached to any one guy when there's always another guy available to sign who's equally good.
I'm not really sure how to fix it, but I get annoyed when an indy team signs a player and then he is immediately bought by an mlb team on the same day. then the next day the mlb team releases him. It happens quite often. 250,000 is way to high to buy out a contract, but it seems it needs to be higher to prevent the issue above.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #37
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Ok, so I've been doing some research on the frequency of indy clubs selling their players. So far, I have only looked at the Atlantic league. I looked at each team's transactions going back 4 years and each team sold from 3 to 10 players a season. It averages to 4.9. I even found that they will sell to foreign leagues too on occasion. When I get home, I'm going to do a test to see if the 250,000 buyout will be accurate for the number of players bought.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #38
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

If I had college level feeders, would the undrafted 18 year olds favor the feeder leagues over Indies?

If not I guess setting a 19 year old min age limit would help?
Old 07-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #39
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I'm not really sure how to fix it, but I get annoyed when an indy team signs a player and then he is immediately bought by an mlb team on the same day. then the next day the mlb team releases him. It happens quite often. 250,000 is way to high to buy out a contract, but it seems it needs to be higher to prevent the issue above.
Huh. I might need to log that in the bug tracking tool for Markus to take a look at. Do you have roster limits on the lowest levels of your affiliated minor leagues? That'll sometimes create that sort of weird AI behavior.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #40
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
If I had college level feeders, would the undrafted 18 year olds favor the feeder leagues over Indies?

If not I guess setting a 19 year old min age limit would help?
No clue. Guess you'd have to try it and see.