Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
ryanivr
All Star Reserve

New Arbitration System: AI Issue?

I've looked at this a few times, and I think there's definitely an issue here. I don't think the AI teams are offering arbitration, ever, to their free agents (this is with the new-patch-version of the 2012 CBA option ticked). Below are just two seasons of the free agent list, with ZERO free agents with compensation attached. I kept going, and kept seeing the same results, year after year.

http://i.imgur.com/4iv4ukA.png

http://i.imgur.com/m1CI4sI.png

Obviously, if someone see's something contrary to this, let me know...if not, chime in and we can report it as a bug.

Last edited by ryanivr; 07-12-2014 at 01:51 PM.
ryanivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
ryanivr
All Star Reserve

Anyone else?
Old 07-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #3
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

I am seeing the same thing.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:40 AM   #4
PrankSinatra
Bat Boy

Yeah this is a really big deal for me and its happening. I just simmed through an entire season only to find out that the arbitration system seems to be completely broken and zero FAs are receiving qualifying offers. Kinda feel like I wasted an entire night playing out a season now.

Maybe there is a setting that we aren't seeing, but this seems to be a massive issue considering this was one of the major updates for the latest patch.
PrankSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:47 AM   #5
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrankSinatra View Post
Yeah this is a really big deal for me and its happening. I just simmed through an entire season only to find out that the arbitration system seems to be completely broken and zero FAs are receiving qualifying offers. Kinda feel like I wasted an entire night playing out a season now.

Maybe there is a setting that we aren't seeing, but this seems to be a massive issue considering this was one of the major updates for the latest patch.
Give me a minute. I'm testing something. I have a theory.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:06 AM   #6
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Well didn't pan out. Comp picks work correctly in one of my fictional leagues and I don't know how. That said I haven't tested it in all the ways I want since I'm tired so I'll test it more tomorrow.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #7
pjh5165
Major Leagues

This is a big deal if it's true. I won't be reaching the end of a season for another week or two so I can't add anything now but I was really looking forward to the compensation system being fixed
pjh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #8
philthepat

This is happening with me too.
philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:08 AM   #9
philthepat

Ive just submitted a support ticket.
philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #10
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
I am playing historical leagues and not using free agency, but I thought under the new rules that arbitration offers no longer have anything to do with anything. You have to make a 1-year qualifying offer now that is worth whatever the setting is for the value of a superstar contract (in financial settings)..
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #11
PrankSinatra
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
I am playing historical leagues and not using free agency, but I thought under the new rules that arbitration offers no longer have anything to do with anything. You have to make a 1-year qualifying offer now that is worth whatever the setting is for the value of a superstar contract (in financial settings)..

Well that's how it's intended to function, where everyone is technically eligible for compensation if offered a qualifying offer. The issue is that the AI is simply not offering any of their players, even the ones they absolutely should, a qualifying offer so you have guys like Liriano, Hanley, Scherzer all as FAs I can sign without giving up my pick.

Don't want to sound all doom and gloom but this is really game breaking for me. I don't get into historical leagues and typically play just 2014 season starts. It basically ruins FA for me and makes it wildly unrealistic haha.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:48 AM   #12
PrankSinatra
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanmatt View Post
Give me a minute. I'm testing something. I have a theory.

Thanks for trying! Keep us posted! I'll do the same if I find anything.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #13
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well that's how it's intended to function, where everyone is technically eligible for compensation if offered a qualifying offer. The issue is that the AI is simply not offering any of their players, even the ones they absolutely should, a qualifying offer so you have guys like Liriano, Hanley, Scherzer all as FAs I can sign without giving up my pick.

Don't want to sound all doom and gloom but this is really game breaking for me. I don't get into historical leagues and typically play just 2014 season starts. It basically ruins FA for me and makes it wildly unrealistic haha.
Could the teams that let these players walk afford to make the qualifying offers?
Old 07-16-2014, 10:12 AM   #14
ryanivr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Could the teams that let these players walk afford to make the qualifying offers?
Yes. It's broken.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #15
PrankSinatra
Bat Boy

Quote:
The Dodgers could have in Hanley's case.

Also, the Dodgers, Pirates, and Tigers would absolutely offer those players a qualifying offer in real life regardless of whether or not they can initially afford it. They would simply move salary around to allow for it. There's no way those teams let players of their caliber walk away for nothing.

Now that in particular may not be something that Markus is able to replicate in OOTP which would be slightly understandable, but this really seems like they're just not offering it. Another poster in here said he tested out a few years ahead to see and the same thing happens each year.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #16
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Dodgers could have in Hanley's case.

Also, the Dodgers, Pirates, and Tigers would absolutely offer those players a qualifying offer in real life regardless of whether or not they can initially afford it. They would simply move salary around to allow for it. There's no way those teams let players of their caliber walk away for nothing.

Now that in particular may not be something that Markus is able to replicate in OOTP which would be slightly understandable, but this really seems like they're just not offering it. Another poster in here said he tested out a few years ahead to see and the same thing happens each year.
Thanks.

I am just speculating, but it seems to me in OOTP that FA's usually become FA's because the team could not afford to sign the player to an extension. And if they can't afford an extension, they probably cannot afford a qualifying offer.

I'll run some tests here and see if I can get any QA's to happen.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #17
PrankSinatra
Bat Boy

Appreciate all the help. I have submitted a support ticket as well just to be sure it gets officially addressed.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #18
RchW
Hall Of Famer

A team is not likely to make a $13-$14 million QO to a pending FA making $6M. They are somewhat likely to make a QO to a guy making $11M and very likely to make a QO to someone making $16M. In the latter two cases affordability should not be an issue.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #19
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

It is not an issue of not having enough money to make offers.

I have entered this in the bugs database and emailed Markus about it.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:07 AM   #20
ryanivr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
It is not an issue of not having enough money to make offers.

I have entered this in the bugs database and emailed Markus about it.
Thanks QD