Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #221
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
And we will keep it turned off.
You don't like evolution at all do you? For 2 years or so you were dead set against fictional leagues and only played MLB modern or historic.3D is just going to make the game better. it might be teh DH for now but it will make teh game better. I have said it for years that this game will not ever be beaten if it had graphics that rival MLB the Show with all the other options OOTP has and the AI performing the way it does. OOTP could be the game that make people give up their PS4's & Xbox lives and come back to PC where you have more customization and options.
What did you do when the mound was lowered, when the DH was implemented, when Big Mac hit 70? like baseball OOTP is evolving, did they get historic right the 1st time?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Old 07-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #222
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
You don't like evolution at all do you?
1. I want the MLB to expand to 32 teams.

2. I want the MLB to expand team rosters to 30 players.

3. I want the MLB to expand the 40 man roster to a 60 man roster.

4. I want the MLB to get a real, non-owner commissioner.

Want to try again with a different wild theory?
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:21 AM   #223
dmytron

The Wolf, we already know you can bite like a wolf does, you don't have to show your sharp teeth every time somebody says something provoking to you.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:47 AM   #224
Andreas Raht
Administrator

...and often it's not even meant to be provoking... "Wolf", you can accept our business decision or not. But we made it and we had our good reasons. You already mentioned several times that you don't agree with our decision and we heard you very well. Now please stop repeating yourself or I will ban you for trolling. Thank you.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #225
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
...and often it's not even meant to be provoking... "Wolf", you can accept our business decision or not. But we made it and we had our good reasons. You already mentioned several times that you don't agree with our decision and we heard you very well. Now please stop repeating yourself or I will ban you for trolling. Thank you.
Nah. Please don't do that. Somebody who has been thanked nearly 3,000 times here should not be banned. Wolf is a windbag, like me, but he has made many contributions to the evolution of this game. You should be thanking him for his passionate interest in OOTPB (while overlooking his repetitiveness, a fault to be sure). Be secure enough in your own business judgment not to be irritated or diverted by what you read here in the forums that runs counter to where you and Markus are going with it.

- Bru

Old 07-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #226
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I am sorry Andreas, but that is bull.

Yes he repeats himself on this issue but if you claim that continuing to argue a point is trolling, then you should start shooting down everybody that argues the other side too.

You are right that it is the company's decision but telling people they arent allowed to argue against it is crap. If you are happy with your decision, you shouldn't be worried about people disagreeing with it.

For the record, I generally find Wolf to be very disagreeable. In fact, the only reason I know what he is saying on this thread is because people are responding to him. I have had him blocked for quite some time.

But, I can tell you for sure why he has so many posts in this thread... beacuse people feel the need to argue with him... often in an incredibly arrogant and offensive manner.

THOSE are the people that should be told to drop it, not the person who is just stating that he thinks the game designers are making an error in judgement.

````````````````````````````````````````

Old 07-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #227
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

It's perfectly valid to not like a feature and prefer to have it turned off, but the feature should be available for those who want to use it. An obvious comparison from last year is league evolution, which I preferred to TURN! OFF! not because I hated the idea, but because the idea as implemented in OOTP14 was glitchy in the ML quickstart.

It's perfectly fine to play with 3D ball flight on or off, just like it's perfectly fine to play with league evolution on or off. While Wolf and I, respectively, prefer those options off because it detracts from the OOTP experience in our eyes, other people might think ball flight improves the game, and it should be kept in for those reasons. OOTP isn't just for the people on the forum, it's for everyone, and it should be designed for everyone.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #228
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
I am sorry Andreas, but that is bull.

Yes he repeats himself on this issue but if you claim that continuing to argue a point is trolling, then you should start shooting down everybody that argues the other side too.

You are right that it is the company's decision but telling people they arent allowed to argue against it is crap. If you are happy with your decision, you shouldn't be worried about people disagreeing with it.

For the record, I generally find Wolf to be very disagreeable. In fact, the only reason I know what he is saying on this thread is because people are responding to him. I have had him blocked for quite some time.

But, I can tell you for sure why he has so many posts in this thread... beacuse people feel the need to argue with him... often in an incredibly arrogant and offensive manner.

THOSE are the people that should be told to drop it, not the person who is just stating that he thinks the game designers are making an error in judgement.
In Andreas' defense, there is a line that can be crossed if a person argues the same point over and over against a question that's been asked and definitively answered. Continuing to argue even beyond that point can veer into the realm of disrespect. At some point a definitively answered issue must be dropped because the decision has been made and won't be changed.

I'm not arguing whether Wolf is at that point. That's between Wolf and Andreas. I'm merely making a philosophical argument to counter your philosophical claim.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:47 AM   #229
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

This thread has run its course. Closed
Closed Thread