Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-06-2014, 12:58 AM   #341
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

I personally think that Hector Sanchez (Giants) probably shouldn't have a rating at first base (or at least not one high enough to encourage the AI to use him at first), as he doesn't really play first anymore. On the other hand, I think Buster Posey should probably have a slightly higher rating at first base to reflect the starts that he gets every fifth day or so at first base (right now the AI doesn't use him at first). Also, Adam Duvall needs a rating at first base, he has played it in the minors and has been in the big leagues also but he doesn't have a rating there.
asheft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #342
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheft View Post
I personally think that Hector Sanchez (Giants) probably shouldn't have a rating at first base (or at least not one high enough to encourage the AI to use him at first), as he doesn't really play first anymore. On the other hand, I think Buster Posey should probably have a slightly higher rating at first base to reflect the starts that he gets every fifth day or so at first base (right now the AI doesn't use him at first). Also, Adam Duvall needs a rating at first base, he has played it in the minors and has been in the big leagues also but he doesn't have a rating there.
Thanks. Fixed!
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #343
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Dominican Summer League alignment, as stated by someone earlier in the thread (PSUColonel I think?) is incorrect. These are the changes that need to be made:

DSL Astros 1 should be called "Astros Blue"
DSL Astros 2 should be called "Astros Orange"
DSL Giants from Boca Chica Baseball City to Boca Chica South
DSL Red Sox from Boca Chica NW to Boca Chica South
DSL Mariners from Boca Chica NW to Boca Chica South
DSL Rockies from Boca Chica North to Boca Chica South

These next ones are tricky, as there is one team that needs to be added and another two that are no longer in existence. The roster problems involved in this might cause a headache, as consolidation or additional players might need to happen:

The Rangers now field two DSL teams, both in Boca Chica North. In the game there is only one.
For 2013, there is just one DSL Cubs team and they play in Boca Chica North. There is currently DSL Cubs 1 and DSL Cubs 2.
Same goes for the Pirates. Just one team, not two, and they're in Boca Chica North.

The current complement of teams and their structure in the game is identical to the 2013 DSL. Obviously this league changes structure year-to-year, and given the nature of baseball in the Caribbean and the lack of available online DSL info compared to leagues in the US, it's understandable that these aren't correct in the game. I bet this info wasn't online at all when the game was being made, let alone until the DSL started playing in late May!

Also Lukas, check your PMs. I sent you a link to the .zip of my .dat files. Sorry again I'm so late on doing this!
mdtwnkfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #344
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtwnkfey View Post
Obviously this league changes structure year-to-year, and given the nature of baseball in the Caribbean and the lack of available online DSL info compared to leagues in the US, it's understandable that these aren't correct in the game. I bet this info wasn't online at all when the game was being made, let alone until the DSL started playing in late May!

Also Lukas, check your PMs. I sent you a link to the .zip of my .dat files. Sorry again I'm so late on doing this!
Yeah, you're right on that. I had to use last years data when creating the DSL as nothing else was available back in November.

We'll sort it out sooner or later, Markus and Andreas need to make changes to teams and divisions themselves though, so it takes a bit longer than if haveband or I could do it.

I got the Pm, thanks. Will go through it and then send it on to Markus as soon as I can get around to it.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #345
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtwnkfey View Post
Dominican Summer League alignment, as stated by someone earlier in the thread (PSUColonel I think?) is incorrect. These are the changes that need to be made:

DSL Astros 1 should be called "Astros Blue"
DSL Astros 2 should be called "Astros Orange"
DSL Giants from Boca Chica Baseball City to Boca Chica South
DSL Red Sox from Boca Chica NW to Boca Chica South
DSL Mariners from Boca Chica NW to Boca Chica South
DSL Rockies from Boca Chica North to Boca Chica South

These next ones are tricky, as there is one team that needs to be added and another two that are no longer in existence. The roster problems involved in this might cause a headache, as consolidation or additional players might need to happen:

The Rangers now field two DSL teams, both in Boca Chica North. In the game there is only one.
For 2013, there is just one DSL Cubs team and they play in Boca Chica North. There is currently DSL Cubs 1 and DSL Cubs 2.
Same goes for the Pirates. Just one team, not two, and they're in Boca Chica North.

The current complement of teams and their structure in the game is identical to the 2013 DSL. Obviously this league changes structure year-to-year, and given the nature of baseball in the Caribbean and the lack of available online DSL info compared to leagues in the US, it's understandable that these aren't correct in the game. I bet this info wasn't online at all when the game was being made, let alone until the DSL started playing in late May!

I already let Markus know about 2 weeks ago about how the DSL was messed up. So its on the list. Hopefully it makes the next update because I went through and created all the DSL Rangers2 players, as well as adding about 200 more players to teams, that we didn't have before.

On a related note, I have created the top 150-200 International Amateur free agents to the game as well. As guys are being signed everyday and as long as BA keeps giving me scouting reports, I will keep creating guys daily.

hb
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:51 AM   #346
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Any DSL changes are affected by certain legal issues, shouldn't we be talking about players instead?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #347
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Any DSL changes are affected by certain legal issues, shouldn't we be talking about players instead?
No
Old 07-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #348
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Hey gang,

Can you give us insights to the roster set updates with recent release?

thanks!
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:49 AM   #349
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLCardinals View Post
Hey gang,

Can you give us insights to the roster set updates with recent release?

thanks!
Jeez, not really. I don't remember all of what's happened in the couple months since the last patch, sorry

I know I've worked on improving the ratings and adding bio details to a lot of the real draft prospects. haveband added a ton of rl July 2nd int fa's. We've added many of the guys who were drafted in June but weren't already in the db.

I know we finalized all of the int league rosters for 2014 except Holland, I think some of that didn't make the last patch but it's all in this one.

Assorted ratings changes for some MiLB and int league guys.

Added some indy league guys that weren't in the yet but set them as retired.

Probably tons of other stuff I totally forget as well.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 07-12-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:51 AM   #350
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

Juan Gutierrez of the SF Giants is listed in game as J.C. Gutierrez. I have only ever seen him referred to on TV as Juan Gutierrez. I'm not sure which is his acutal name, but I figured that it would probably be better to have his in game name be the same one that he is commonly known by.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:55 AM   #351
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Juan Gutierrez of the SF Giants is listed in game as J.C. Gutierrez. I have only ever seen him referred to on TV as Juan Gutierrez. I'm not sure which is his acutal name, but I figured that it would probably be better to have his in game name be the same one that he is commonly known by.
His actual name is Juan Carlos. Baseball Ref and a lot of other places list him as J.C. But if he's generally called Juan, I'd sooner go with that.

Anyone else have any ideas on whether he's ever actually called J.C. or Juan Carlos or just Juan?

Any thoughts Howard?
Old 07-12-2014, 12:58 AM   #352
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

Oh I didn't know that. I've always seen him and heard him referred to as Juan during Giants games. But if his name should be J.C, totally go with that. I just figured that it would be better to have them under their "common" name. Who's Howard?
Old 07-12-2014, 01:04 AM   #353
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Oh I didn't know that. I've always seen him and heard him referred to as Juan during Giants games. But if his name should be J.C, totally go with that. I just figured that it would be better to have them under their "common" name. Who's Howard?
haveband, who's in charge of the roster team. I'm his deputy.

I usually don't call him by his real name on the boards, but sometimes I forget

As for the Juan/J.C. thing, I really don't know. BR has been known to get that stuff wrong and a quick Google makes it look like Juan is used more often than J.C. for him.

We'll think it over, and maybe do some more research on it.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 07-12-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:40 PM   #354
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
haveband, who's in charge of the roster team. I'm his deputy.

I usually don't call him by his real name on the boards, but sometimes I forget

As for the Juan/J.C. thing, I really don't know. BR has been known to get that stuff wrong and a quick Google makes it look like Juan is used more often than J.C. for him.

We'll think it over, and maybe do some more research on it.
Sorry guys, been away for a bit coming off a nasty week long gout flare up in my foot. If any of you have ever had gout you know how seriously painful it is and mine lasted 9 days .

Now to the Gutierrez thing. Since he is a giant and I am a Dodger fan I would sooner delete him from the database .. Seriously, in games I hear them call him Juan so I changed it to Juan and put JC as his nickname.

To CBLCardinals

Again a team I cant stand cuz they put my boyz out last year .. As far as the most recent roster set, honestly the minor league ratings have been cleaned up a lot for most every organization. Literally hundreds more players were rated better from the 2014 draft and tons of players that were not drafted are now in the game. As well as tons of the players from the recent July 2nd International FA period have been added and some re-rated.

To be honest, everytime there's an update, know that there have been some substantial changes made to the rosters. Lukas and I are always constantly trying to fix things. With that said.....................

WE NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need about 3 to 5 more people to help out. Main qualifications... You gotta be like me, a big nerd that loves baseball way too much and is anal retentive when it comes to rosters. . PM me if interested
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #355
stantheman
Minors (Single A)

Long time issue, but many early (pre 1900) seasons for great players such as Cy Young, Hoss Radbourn etc are not assigned team id's and therefore stats from these years are not included in leaderboards. For example, the all time win leader is apparently Walter Johnson with 417. This is not an issue when playing a historical game though, so they must use different db's?
stantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:40 PM   #356
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman View Post
Long time issue, but many early (pre 1900) seasons for great players such as Cy Young, Hoss Radbourn etc are not assigned team id's and therefore stats from these years are not included in leaderboards. For example, the all time win leader is apparently Walter Johnson with 417. This is not an issue when playing a historical game though, so they must use different db's?
Yes, this is a weird problem. It actually changes build by build, some builds the stats link fine and some they don't. Drives one of our roster guys, Doc Brown, absolutely bananas!

I think we need to explain this a bit more fully to Markus and see if he can fix it so it works right all the time.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #357
stantheman
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Yes, this is a weird problem. It actually changes build by build, some builds the stats link fine and some they don't. Drives one of our roster guys, Doc Brown, absolutely bananas!

I think we need to explain this a bit more fully to Markus and see if he can fix it so it works right all the time.

Indeed!! Such a frustrating one, but you'd think that it wouldn't be that hard to rectify? I am a bit of a stats geek, so it drives me bananas as well.

You used to be able to use the import/export to amend this by adding the missing team id's to the stat lines, but the stat lines with no team id's don't appear in the exported files anymore.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #358
stantheman
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman View Post
Indeed!! Such a frustrating one, but you'd think that it wouldn't be that hard to rectify? I am a bit of a stats geek, so it drives me bananas as well.

You used to be able to use the import/export to amend this by adding the missing team id's to the stat lines, but the stat lines with no team id's don't appear in the exported files anymore.

So I have done some further research on this and the issue lies with players who played for franchises who are now inactive (so mainly the late 1800's). Any player who played for a team such as the Cleveland Spiders/Cleveland Blues etc.. will not have a team ID assigned to them for some reason and therefore their stats will not be included in leaderboards/team records.

Had a look at the database when using historical rosters and they don't include any of these inactive franchises (team id's anyway, the names are correct), instead substituting in an active team in their place.

For example, the Cleveland Indian season win leader is listed as Jim McCormick with 45 in 1880 (this was in fact for the now defunct Cleveland Blues who are in no way related to today's Cleveland Indians) and their all-time win leader is listed as Cy Young, who in fact played for the Cleveland Spiders in the 1890's (again no relation of the present day Indian's).

Would love this to be investigated further...

Last edited by stantheman; 07-20-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:10 AM   #359
Bowtie
All Star Starter

In my new MLB game, Cardinals relief pitcher Randy Choate is listed as being out of minor league options. This is not true. In fact, the Cards are the only team in the NL Central that has no-one on the Out of Options list.

Here's my source:
Out of Options Players: NL Central

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #360
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
In my new MLB game, Cardinals relief pitcher Randy Choate is listed as being out of minor league options. This is not true. In fact, the Cards are the only team in the NL Central that has no-one on the Out of Options list.

Here's my source:
Out of Options Players: NL Central
That link is wrong. A quick glance at Choate's career shows 9 seasons in which he played in both MLB and MiLB. Given that, it's quite certain that he is very much out of options.

Understanding the concept of an "option" and why it's such an integral part of the baseball lexicon | MLB.com: News