Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Simple reason I like no feeders is that fact that I get a lot of diversity in where players are drafted from. I get guys from lower divisions and Jr Colleges along with the high school and Division 1 schools. If I used feeders then I wouldn't get nowhere near that mix unless I created a boatload of feeder leagues which would create an unbalance in the game if I am only running a few leagues in the universe. I actually like what BTS is doing with the non playable college leagues that will include these low level colleges. Same with FHM and the older EHM and of course FM which you can make those low leagues playable If you wanted.
Absolutely agree.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #22
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I think one of the best things that will come out of having FHM and BTS under the OOTP banner is that one dev or another will have some idea come up for his sport and the other two will pick it up as a fictional-league option for theirs.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #23
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Simple reason I like no feeders is that fact that I get a lot of diversity in where players are drafted from. I get guys from lower divisions and Jr Colleges along with the high school and Division 1 schools. If I used feeders then I wouldn't get nowhere near that mix unless I created a boatload of feeder leagues which would create an unbalance in the game if I am only running a few leagues in the universe. I actually like what BTS is doing with the non playable college leagues that will include these low level colleges. Same with FHM and the older EHM and of course FM which you can make those low leagues playable If you wanted.
I want to understand this a little better. Can you make another run at it and say it a different way? Sorry, if I'm being a little thick on this one.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #24
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
I want to understand this a little better. Can you make another run at it and say it a different way? Sorry, if I'm being a little thick on this one.

my understanding, if you have feeder the players will come only from the schools in your feeders, whereas under the FA created class you get more diversity, and sometime a guy from some random minor school.
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:22 PM   #25
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
my understanding, if you have feeder the players will come only from the schools in your feeders, whereas under the FA created class you get more diversity, and sometime a guy from some random minor school.
But why do we think that same diversity doesn't exist in the feeder organizations?
Old 02-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #26
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
But why do we think that same diversity doesn't exist in the feeder organizations?
To get that same diversity from feeders you'd need to set up at least 6 different feeder leagues. D1, D2, D3 and NAIA college leagues, a Juco college league, and a HS league. Most folks aren't going to want to deal with such a large/cumbersome feeder setup.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #27
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
To get that same diversity from feeders you'd need to set up at least 6 different feeder leagues. D1, D2, D3 and NAIA college leagues, a Juco college league, and a HS league. Most folks aren't going to want to deal with such a large/cumbersome feeder setup.
Correct.

To me, having that diversity adds some immersion and back stories.

For example. I drafted a guy in the 10th round out of New York City College who is now one of the best position players in the majors.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:35 PM   #28
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

The possibility of background college leagues for OOTP is one that would excite me enormously.

Since they already exist in FHM and will exist in BTS, I really, really, really hope they eventually get added to OOTP. If they do I can give up my NCAA roster project and just start adding all those guys straight into the default db, which would be a dream come true

That being said, I'm not holding my breath on this happening anytime soon
Old 02-08-2014, 04:46 PM   #29
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not to mention talent levels would be way out of whack.
PSUColonel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #30
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The possibility of background college leagues for OOTP is one that would excite me enormously.

Since they already exist in FHM and will exist in BTS, I really, really, really hope they eventually get added to OOTP. If they do I can give up my NCAA roster project and just start adding all those guys straight into the default db, which would be a dream come true

That being said, I'm not holding my breath on this happening anytime soon
This is something I suggested long ago, but it was met with hostility because it resembled FM too much.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #31
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
This is something I suggested long ago, but it was met with hostility because it resembled FM too much.
It'd really improve the game enormously.

And who cares if it resembles FM too much? FM is the only game that's actually better than OOTP imo, so why not take a few good ideas from it?

I'm just not sure that there'd be enough interest in this for Markus to be willing to do the work needed to make it happen. Maybe it will, but as mentioned, I'm not holding my breath.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #32
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Not to mention talent levels would be way out of whack.
Well, that can be sorted by using proper .PCM's. It's a pain in the butt to do though, just like the entire feeder setup process currently is.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:35 PM   #33
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was being sarcastic...there is a faction of people here who have always run me up the flag pole anytime I suggested using certain aspects of FM..which I thought were applicable to baseball
Old 02-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #34
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, that can be sorted by using proper .PCM's. It's a pain in the butt to do though, just like the entire feeder setup process currently is.
I thought this at one time also , however, after reading many studies, I am not sure this is the case.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #35
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Not knocking the idea/suggestion, but must point this out.

Most of us wanted draft classes with stats for a long time. Markus added feeders so we could have draft classes with stats.

Now we have the feeders we so dearly wanted, and now people don't want them. I'm guessing because it makes league file large and slow.

End of the day, feeders were introduced so you could have stats in your draft class.

If we add this, then it pretty much defeats the purpose of feeders.
My reason for not using feeders is that I do not like that my highschool team has an entire roster from out-of-town. Most highschool teams are populated with players that were born in that town. Sure there a some that move from a different town but not all of them.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #36
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
My reason for not using feeders is that I do not like that my highschool team has an entire roster from out-of-town. Most highschool teams are populated with players that were born in that town. Sure there a some that move from a different town but not all of them.
And that has what? to do with what I posted?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #37
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
yes, I think it would be better in leu of feeders. Draft eligible player generation should be deeply expanded upon, rather than having feeders.
100% agree.

Scrap feeders and expand upon player creation...I like it.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #38
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
And that has what? to do with what I posted?
I was elaborating on your 4th sentence. I guess I was just adding my why.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #39
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
100% agree.

Scrap feeders and expand upon player creation...I like it.

the one thing I have loved about feeder since I introduced it is being able to identify potential lower round draftees early on. Since I value defence those stats every year, as well as the award winners are really helpful in identifying guys for lower round, and quite a few have done really well in my system, some even making the majors (and I will acknowledge I am not really bothered about players' origin, but understand your issue HP)
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #40
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
the one thing I have loved about feeder since I introduced it is being able to identify potential lower round draftees early on. Since I value defence those stats every year, as well as the award winners are really helpful in identifying guys for lower round, and quite a few have done really well in my system, some even making the majors (and I will acknowledge I am not really bothered about players' origin, but understand your issue HP)
Expansion of generated players would include all the stats....so you would still be able to identify them. What I am proposing is similar to the non-playable leagues found in Football Manager.