Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-03-2014, 08:58 AM   #81
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Probably not possible but it would be awesome if we had the option of selecting the stats that we want to see in that area and the wider screens giving us more of them.
That would be tons of work, unfortunately.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #82
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Great look, and the default facegens look much improved. Anxiously awaiting this one!
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #83
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
I think the start up screens look good. I'm very excited by what I have seen so far. I would like to offer up some criticisms, if I may.

1. I think the ratings bars have taken a step backwards. There is no depth, no shading, and no contrast. They need shading around the edges or a bevel or something. There is no contrast between the bars and the background.

2. On the top of the player pages the menu tabs completely blend into one another. I think you should have a border around each menu tab or some degree of separation to provide depth.

3. The menu tabs and team color bars that change in realtion to each team's colors look like they will only have a single tone of color and a single color of text. While 2 is what we are used to I do think the bars need shading and contrast.

4. Not a fan of the new horizontal scores. I much preferred two vertical columns. 2 columns feels more natural.

5. I thought you were going to put the most-recent years stats on the top or set the scroll bar to start at the bottom.

That's all I have for the moment. I think you have have gotten plenty of well-deserved pats on the back already so I thought I'd offer something, perhaps, more valuable to you. An opinion.
Good post, HP. On second look, I notice that in addition to appearing sleek, the new interface also looks flat.

In support of two of HP's points (I agree with all of them), take a look at these side-by-sides. On the left is 15, on the right is 14. The lack of depth is noticeable and, while 15 does look crisp and clean, it is lacking a bit in character, for want of a better term.

Pictures tell a thousand words, so see for yourself:
Attached Images
Image Image 

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #84
Greeney03
Minors (Triple A)

I like the 'flat' interface. Facegen looks really good too!
Greeney03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #85
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
The facegen is still work in progress and far from finished... Things will look much better in the end.
Well, I missed this before I posted above, so all right! I'm sure the final facegen version will look good. Maybe just bevel the ratings bars just a bit, as they looked in 14.
Quote:
Yep, he gave us permission to use it in OOTP 15
Bravo! Another example of the designer/community collaboration that makes this game great.

- Bru

Old 02-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #86
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Bravo! Another example of the designer/community collaboration that makes this game great.
Hmmm. In addition to his facial hair mod, maybe ask Bobble for his thumbs up / thumbs down player mood indicators? So much better than the happy/frowny faces . . .

These:
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 02-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #87
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Good post, HP. On second look, I notice that in addition to appearing sleek, the new interface also looks flat.

In support of two of HP's points (I agree with all of them), take a look at these side-by-sides. On the left is 15, on the right is 14. The lack of depth is noticeable and, while 15 does look crisp and clean, it is lacking a bit in character, for want of a better term.

Put side by side like this, 15's graphics really do look like a step backward from 14 . Of course, I guess this kind of thing is bound to be subjective and a matter of taste/preference.

I can already guess the answer, but here goes: might it be possible to have a "OOTP14 Skin" as an option in 15? I'm sure the FaceGen will improve, but I just very much prefer 14's UI, and the feeling of texture/depth with the buttons, to 15's flat "iOS" appearance.

Last edited by sandman2575; 02-03-2014 at 09:54 AM.
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #88
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman2575 View Post
I can already guess the answer, but here goes: might it be possible to have a "OOTP14 Skin" as an option in 15? I'm sure the FaceGen will improve, but I just very much prefer 14's UI, and the feeling of texture/depth with the buttons, to 15's flat "iOS" appearance.
Not a bad idea at all. I should clarify, though, that I do like the new interface for the most part, particularly the font rendition. It's just that HP's post made me take a second look and what he criticized rang true. Just a few tweaks would do the trick.

- Bru

Old 02-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #89
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Hmmm. In addition to his facial hair mod, maybe ask Bobble for his thumbs up / thumbs down player mood indicators? So much better than the happy/frowny faces . . .

These:
Definitely not.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #90
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:

Well, I personally like the ratings bars so much more now, the ones from OOTP 14 look really outdated. It becomes more obvious when you spend time with OOTP 15 and then have to fire up OOTP 14 again, which I have recently, obviously
Old 02-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #91
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman2575 View Post
Put side by side like this, 15's graphics really do look like a step backward from 14 . Of course, I guess this kind of thing is bound to be subjective and a matter of taste/preference.

Nope sorry. I we'd try to please everyone, we'd have to include at least 25 different skins I fear. :P

We were sure that a few people would not like the change, but that's just the nature of change generally. There isn't one solution that everyone likes.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #92
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Well, it's all a matter of taste. Overall, it looks good. Carry on, then!

- Bru

Old 02-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #93
pjh5165
Major Leagues

Very small thing, but I love the new location for the "global search" bar. Much more convenient
pjh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:51 AM   #94
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

I trust that by release time, Things will be sorted out nicely
Old 02-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #95
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Nope sorry. I we'd try to please everyone, we'd have to include at least 25 different skins I fear. :P

We were sure that a few people would not like the change, but that's just the nature of change generally. There isn't one solution that everyone likes.

Ah well. I'm sure I'll adjust.
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #96
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
take a look at these side-by-sides. On the left is 15, on the right is 14. The lack of depth is noticeable and, while 15 does look crisp and clean, it is lacking a bit in character, for want of a better term.

For the FaceGen pictures you compared 15's game created player picture with 14's user created, from a real picture, player picture. That's not a very fair comparison.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #97
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Well, I personally like the ratings bars so much more now, the ones from OOTP 14 look really outdated. It becomes more obvious when you spend time with OOTP 15 and then have to fire up OOTP 14 again, which I have recently, obviously
i'm sure we will all get use to it, however i would highlight that i really can't see the difference between actual 12 and potential 13 in this one:
Name:  control.PNG
Views: 782
Size:  5.9 KB
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #98
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

The graphics are a bit disappointing, but no so much that they will take away from the game experience.

Honestly to me they look like a before and after shot in the wrong direction.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #99
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just when I thought I couldn't get more excited about this game...
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #100
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

I definitely do not like the new ratings bars, particularly for the lack of contrast between actual and potential ratings. But everything else looks pretty solid. I won't comment on FaceGen since Markus said that's still being worked on.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote