Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #1
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Season 3 (2021) Discussion: 12/17/18-12/23/18

Here we go - Round 3. I decided to also add the dates the season runs to make it easier to keep track of which thread is current.

My main team is in the Gold .279 League
My second team is in Bronze .213. This will be the first season I pay attention to how they do.

While I was very concerned coming into this Gold league I am happy to see that there are no real whales in my conference. There are a few in the other conference but at least I won't have to face them too many times.

My hope is that my team, especially my pitchers, are over their season long slump. 4 out of 5 of my starting pitchers had an ERA over 4.5 and that includes Patrick Corbin.

Play Ball!

Last edited by Maddox; 12-17-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:47 AM   #2
Kushiel
All Star Starter

My Horned Frogs are in Gold 301 and my FTP team the Happy Plankton are in Gold 307. They were the 15th on the promote list so this gold season should be challenging for them.

In Gold 301 there are at least 14 of us that I/we have been competing against during the past bronze and silver seasons. All of us have appeared in the playoffs the past two seasons at least once, I think. So the rivalries begin to emerge.

Good luck everybody, no matter what level you are competing in.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:59 AM   #3
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

both of my teams are in the Silver .261 league (one in the NC, one in the AC; so at least if all the planets align perfectly they can meet in the series )..

i see a few new teams in the mix, but most of them I recognize from season 1 or 2.... I'll have to go through 'em and see what their rosters look like to scout the competition....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:26 AM   #4
Morug
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
My Horned Frogs are in Gold 301 and my FTP team the Happy Plankton are in Gold 307. They were the 15th on the promote list so this gold season should be challenging for them.

In Gold 301 there are at least 14 of us that I/we have been competing against during the past bronze and silver seasons. All of us have appeared in the playoffs the past two seasons at least once, I think. So the rivalries begin to emerge.

I'm not making the playoff this year for sure, Its the combination of my 2 last seasons best clubs, I know 80% of the club in Gold .301. Its will be hard. Have a good season Kushiel.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:27 AM   #5
captainbuttercream
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
both of my teams are in the Silver .261 league (one in the NC, one in the AC; so at least if all the planets align perfectly they can meet in the series )..

i see a few new teams in the mix, but most of them I recognize from season 1 or 2.... I'll have to go through 'em and see what their rosters look like to scout the competition....
My Llamas are in .261 as well. Things could get interesting. We were cellar dwellers all last season, but we still good enough not to get relegated back to bronze. We had a strong showing in September, so maybe that's a good omen?
captainbuttercream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:28 AM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Well, I got Fire Anty in my division, so whelp. I actually won my division last year, but it was pretty close between me, the Pueblo Penny Pinchers, and the OC IronPigs, and all 3 of us are in it together again.

But the Gold league is going to be hella tough. There's about 6 copies each of the "common" perfect cards, and 8 Trouts in the league. I count 15 Altuves, 12 Corbins, 18 Doolittles. Although I would guess not all of them will get regular play-time in the league, given how crazy some of the teams are. I mean, Fire Anty has 38 diamonds on his reserve roster, and the worst starter in his rotation is a 100.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:36 AM   #7
mess
Minors (Triple A)

I got plopped in Gold 308.

Looks like I see a few teams that I played against last season with some success. Except the Magnolia CIty Stoics who beat me in 7 in the Silver Champ Series. Grrrrrrrr
Old 12-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #8
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Fire Anty has 38 diamonds on his reserve roster, and the worst starter in his rotation is a 100.

That just sounds insane to someone who does not have a single Diamond yet.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #9
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
That just sounds insane to someone who does not have a single Diamond yet.
It is insane, and kind of boring to see all of the best teams with the same players.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:11 AM   #10
Thalion
Major Leagues

Quote:

Man, Gold 301 is like the league of death. I don't think anyone is winning 120 games this season, Kushiel.

Good luck to everyone in my league, may the best team win!

Now I am off to sacrifice the San Diego Chicken to appease the RNG Gods.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:18 AM   #11
lboston1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Fire Anty has 38 diamonds on his reserve roster, and the worst starter in his rotation is a 100.

How does someone even do that???? Makes me wonder how much money people actually have to burn into digital 1s and 0s, and actually how competitive people are that they would need to spend that much to win! Becomes less of a competition about who has the better strategy and tactics and more of who has the most money. Kind of like English Premier League....
lboston1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:23 AM   #12
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Promoted to Gold .281 (after finishing 81-81 in Silver?) and WAAAAAAY out of my league. The Bobble Browns have 3 Gold cards, 0 Diamond cards, and 0 Perfects. There are teams IN MY DIVISION that would wipe their nose with a couple spare Gold cards. Looks like I'm going to see a lot of the charity "you lost too many games" achievements. Embrace relegation.

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #13
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Well, I know who's getting relegated from my league. The other teams in my division won 100.25 games on average last season. Me? A pale 76...

And already 0-1 …!

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:36 AM   #14
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, I got Fire Anty in my division, so whelp. I actually won my division last year, but it was pretty close between me, the Pueblo Penny Pinchers, and the OC IronPigs, and all 3 of us are in it together again.

But the Gold league is going to be hella tough. There's about 6 copies each of the "common" perfect cards, and 8 Trouts in the league. I count 15 Altuves, 12 Corbins, 18 Doolittles. Although I would guess not all of them will get regular play-time in the league, given how crazy some of the teams are. I mean, Fire Anty has 38 diamonds on his reserve roster, and the worst starter in his rotation is a 100.
Good luck, I checked this morning really quick and you looked like you were in a tough division. I was in bronze with Fire Anty, and I think his third or fourth string could have beat me, he's got an impressive roster.

I am looking forward to what today brings, we ended the year we'll, so hopefully there is some carryover. Although I'm still diamondless currently, so we'll see.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:45 AM   #15
lboston1
Minors (Single A)

Is there any way to look at other teams outside of your own league?
lboston1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:53 AM   #16
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
Man, Gold 301 is like the league of death. I don't think anyone is winning 120 games this season, Kushiel.

I’m in Gold 301 myself with 2 of my teams ( Perugia and Great Lake) and while my competitive side looks forward to the challenge of facing all these super teams, the pragmatic one hopes to avoid promotion at all cost. Just for reference I have another team in Gold 270 (Doha) where there are only 10 perfect players in the entire league.
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:53 AM   #17
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Silver .268 here. I won my opening day game and I'm going to close my eyes and focus on the one day of the year I was in first place. Go Tigers!

Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:08 PM   #18
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post

Who ever wins the WS this year is gonna earn it!

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:13 PM   #19
Thalion
Major Leagues

I think I just realized that the flaw in my "Build a Team to Compete in the Playoffs" strategy is that I have to make the playoffs first.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:14 PM   #20
Thalion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Who ever wins the WS this year is gonna earn it!
I'm hoping to sneak in again under the radar and steal it from everyone else like I did two seasons ago while everyone is preoccupied with the Perfect laden teams.