Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
Fenway
Minors (Triple A)

Can you change your mind once you make a waiver claim?

In an online league, if you put in a waiver claim on a player, export your file, and then have second thoughts, is there anyway to "undo" your claim? To claim the player, you right-click on him. But once your claim is submitted, there seems to be no way to un-claim him. Anyone know?
Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

You can try re-doing the file by deleting everything in the .lg folder and re-extracting from a previous league .zip download. Then you can re-download the current file. Everything should be like how the league was when you downloaded the latest sim. You'll have to redo everything else you did in your export except for claiming the player. A bit tedious, but it works.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
Fenway
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks. Ugh, lol. I think I'll probably just live with it. It's not a high-risk waiver claim -- minimum salary, 1-year contract.

For what it's worth, it might be nice to have a "withdraw claim" button, like the similar one for withdrawing offers to free agents and withdrawing extension offers. Perhaps I'll post in the suggestions thread.
Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
For what it's worth, it might be nice to have a "withdraw claim" button, like the similar one for withdrawing offers to free agents and withdrawing extension offers. Perhaps I'll post in the suggestions thread.
Is withdrawing a waiver claim even possible in the MLB? I don't pretend to know the intricacies of the business, but my thinking is that once you place the claim, you've made the claim, no way around it unless the other team revokes the player.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

What I do is simply trade him away. I made that mistake once. Was able to get a decent player in return.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
In an online league, if you put in a waiver claim on a player, export your file, and then have second thoughts, is there anyway to "undo" your claim? To claim the player, you right-click on him. But once your claim is submitted, there seems to be no way to un-claim him. Anyone know?

You can go into the saved games folder, open the settings folder.

Delete the "online_league_file_time.cfg" file. The date on the file is the last time you downloaded the league file.

Once you delete the file, you can go in game and re-download the league file, make your changes and export again.
anthonywvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote