Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 10-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #21
Getch
All Star Reserve

That's a good point about the commishes. Keep the suggestions or requests coming guys. I'm working on version 2 of the utility, and I'm listening to them all.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #22
Zubes
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
I ran into a problem with my online league while working on the draft utility setup. The utility has some nifty little features that the commish can use via an Admin link to reset passwords, edit picks, and trade picks. Unfortunately, if you're the commish for the league but not a GM, you can't login.

If you open up passwords.html and login.html in a text editor like Wordpad, you can fix this with the following modification.

Search for the following line of code:
Code:
open (IN, "$info{CSV}/human_managers.csv");
Just below it will be an if statement that checks which managers to inlcude on the login screen. As released, only active managers are included. To also include the commish, you simply need a slight modification to the if statement.

Change it from:
Code:
    if ($5 > 0) {
to:
Code:
    if ($2 >0 || ($5 > 0)) {
and you should be good to go.
ive never had an issue logging in as a commish to get my draft list, etc set up and act as a normal GM.

Beyond the Ivy - Commish, Twins GM
Stars and Stripes Baseball League - Cubs GM
Bricks and Ivy - Orioles GM

Sim Coalition - co-founder

Zubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #23
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubes View Post
ive never had an issue logging in as a commish to get my draft list, etc set up and act as a normal GM.
It's only when the commish is not assigned a team.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #24
Zubes
Major Leagues

ah, i gotcha. didnt pick that up from the original post. my bad.

while i am here...any idea if the utility will ever be able to make picks automatically once the timer expires?

Beyond the Ivy - Commish, Twins GM
Stars and Stripes Baseball League - Cubs GM
Bricks and Ivy - Orioles GM

Sim Coalition - co-founder

Zubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #25
kleric
Minors (Double A)

The pages need a By Last Name search.
If you have OOTP open and are using that to rank players (because of scouting, for example) and you just want to add a specific guy, you have to apply filters haphazardly in an attempt to find him.
kleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #26
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleric View Post
The pages need a By Last Name search.
If you have OOTP open and are using that to rank players (because of scouting, for example) and you just want to add a specific guy, you have to apply filters haphazardly in an attempt to find him.
The default search is by Last Name.

As for the auto-pick when draft counter happens, that requires multithreading, I'll look into it some more. The obvious solution (multi-thread) isn't supported well by Perl until a later version than most servers have.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:59 PM   #27
kleric
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
The default search is by Last Name.

As for the auto-pick when draft counter happens, that requires multithreading, I'll look into it some more. The obvious solution (multi-thread) isn't supported well by Perl until a later version than most servers have.
No, I mean the ability to type in a field "Smith" and find a player that way.

With only what, 40 results available at a time, how could we ever see players at the bottom end of the alphabet?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #28
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
No, I mean the ability to type in a field "Smith" and find a player that way.

With only what, 40 results available at a time, how could we ever see players at the bottom end of the alphabet?
There's a "PAGE_SIZE" parameter in setup.txt, which dictates how many players are shown. Set it to 1000 and you'll see them all at once (this was in there to speed up the response time for slower servers).
Old 10-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #29
kleric
Minors (Double A)

What field(s) is it that determines if a player shows up on the draft.html page?

Is it just column BM from the players.csv, field "draft_eligible" == 1 ?

I'm setting that manually for a few players that just aren't showing, but even after I do that, they still don't show up. So what other fields do I need to set, and to what?
It's only a handful of players not showing up, like 6 so far that we've found.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #30
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
What field(s) is it that determines if a player shows up on the draft.html page?

Is it just column BM from the players.csv, field "draft_eligible" == 1 ?

I'm setting that manually for a few players that just aren't showing, but even after I do that, they still don't show up. So what other fields do I need to set, and to what?
It's only a handful of players not showing up, like 6 so far that we've found.
draft_eligible = 1 is the main one (Iam assuming you don't have feeder leagues). Someone else had a case where a particular player did not show up, but when I snagged his .csv files and installed them on my machine, they player did show. I wonder if this is the same thing? Can you zip up your .csv files and put them in a location I can get them (feel rfee to PM me it), and also let me know which players are not showing. I can try to see if I can figure it out.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:46 PM   #31
kleric
Minors (Double A)

Are there any plans to include email notifications in future releases of this tool? Are there going to be future releases to this tool, for that matter?

We've made a few enhancements to your pages in our league and we just wanna know whether a new version might be coming out soon or not.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:02 PM   #32
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Are there any plans to include email notifications in future releases of this tool? Are there going to be future releases to this tool, for that matter?

We've made a few enhancements to your pages in our league and we just wanna know whether a new version might be coming out soon or not.
Yes and Yes. I've redone all the utilities, added a few more, and integrated them all. It's now one utility that has all the different utilities I've done combined into one (you turn them on and off as you please). The last thing to do is redo the draft util, which includes adding email notifications and some other things. Once that is done, it will be released. I was hoping it would be in the next week or so, but my life is getting busy so I make no promises.

My online league is already using the new version so it's not a promise but a hard fact that there's a new version coming out.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #33
kleric
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Yes and Yes. I've redone all the utilities, added a few more, and integrated them all. It's now one utility that has all the different utilities I've done combined into one (you turn them on and off as you please). The last thing to do is redo the draft util, which includes adding email notifications and some other things. Once that is done, it will be released. I was hoping it would be in the next week or so, but my life is getting busy so I make no promises.

My online league is already using the new version so it's not a promise but a hard fact that there's a new version coming out.
Awesome, I snuck a look at the new stuff and I can't wait for it all to come out!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #34
kleric
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Bump. Any progress Getch? really lookin' forward to this modpack.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #35
Getch
All Star Reserve

Working on it... just got automatic draft emails up and running. There's a few features I want to do for the draft utility, but I think I'm going to release it first and then add them on later, since everyone's itching for it and I hate maintaining my old utils.

You can help out, though... can you give me a csv dump of your league with feeder leagues (and at a time with players in the draft)? Let me know of some players who are in the draft pool. Also, I know the feeder league players are moved into the pool at a certain age... is the pool determined by the player's age when the pool is released, when the draft happens, or at the beginning of the year?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:58 PM   #36
kleric
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Working on it... just got automatic draft emails up and running. There's a few features I want to do for the draft utility, but I think I'm going to release it first and then add them on later, since everyone's itching for it and I hate maintaining my old utils.

You can help out, though... can you give me a csv dump of your league with feeder leagues (and at a time with players in the draft)? Let me know of some players who are in the draft pool. Also, I know the feeder league players are moved into the pool at a certain age... is the pool determined by the player's age when the pool is released, when the draft happens, or at the beginning of the year?

The way it looks, the players are moved into the draft pool based on if they're of certain age (as set in OOTP) at the time of the draft itself, not when the draft pool is released.

Even then though, the CSV export doesn't list the player as draft_eligible = 1; and this came up a lot during the draft we're just now finishing up with your tool.
And in almost all the cases, the player not listed as draft_eligible = 1; were players with birthdates between the date of the pool release (apr. 15th for us) and draft date (june 15th).
Old 05-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #37
bulldog55
Hall Of Famer

Hey folks,

I'm trying to set up the draft utility for a new league. I've never used it before and am having all sorts of problems, to the point that I'm not sure my server (1&1) can even handle it.

First off, this is what it looks like currently:
http://victory-league.com/tcba/utili...aft/draft.html

You'll notice it displays a bunch of code, but if you scroll down, you can see some of the buttons and boxes are there. If you click "go" it gives the following error:

Quote:
Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /tcba/utilities/draft/draft.html.
I have no idea if I'm setting everything up right, particularly the root location. My server says it's homepages/7/d89353540 but some googling shows a lot of people have "kunden" before that and "htdocs" after it, but I've tried all combinations and nothing seems to work. I need a more expensive package to use SSH, so I can't use telnet to determine the actual location.

I'm also not sure where picks.txt and users.txt go, since the readme file doesn't say, but I dumped all the txt files into the same directory as the others, since my host says that all directories are cgi enabled and you don't need to put them in cgi-bin.

I did confirm that my perl executable is #!/usr/bin/perl so I changed that in all the files.

Here's my setup.txt file:
Quote:
SITE:www.crazydumbsaint.com
SCRIPTS:victory/tcba/utilities/draft
PAGES:victory/tcba/html
CSV:/kunden/homepages/7/d89353540/htdocs/victory/tcba/csv
HTML_DIR:/kunden/homepages/7/d89353540/htdocs
DEV_DIR:
LEAGUEID:100
RATINGS:80
TALENT:80
INAUGURAL_DRAFT:1
PAGE_SIZE:100
PICK_TIME:8
PICK_MORNING:8
PICK_NIGHT:24

I'm at a loss here, and our initial draft is Saturday, so I'm hoping that someone can help me soon (which I assume is not likely since you don't know anything about my host or file structure).

Being smart, don't always make you popular.

Last edited by bulldog55; 05-15-2008 at 12:19 PM.
bulldog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:43 PM   #38
Getch
All Star Reserve

The issue is that your directory that you put the utility in is not cgi-enabled. I'll talk to you via email.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #39
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to www.ootpmodsquad.com expired on 6/7/08 and is awaiting renewal or deletion. Is there another place to download Getch's utilities from?

Quote:
I've updated my draft utility with some requested features:

- Draft Timer (including "off-times" at night)
- Admin Auto-draft using GM's Draft List
- Option to choose the amount of players displayed on the page
- Fixed the View button

Get the latest version at:

Welcome to www.ootpmodsquad.com

However, DON'T upgrade in the middle of the draft. Wait until it's over to get the new goods.

As always, let me know if you have any issues or features you'd like to see.
statfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #40
Getch
All Star Reserve

See my sig. But they're for 8 only at the moment