Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 07-31-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM 2015 Researcher Recruiting

It's time to add new members to our research team again, in preparation for the upcoming season and the new version of the game. If you want to help improve the database, and possibly see your favourite league become playable in the game (if it isn't already), here's a chance to help us out.

Rather than advertise specific openings this time, I'd like to try something a little different and open it up for anyone who'd like to join the team. While we're happy with our existing researchers, I also wouldn't want to lose out on potential help for them just because a position was 'filled' at the moment. Still, you're much more likely to be added to the team if you're willing and able to work on the more obscure parts of the database, because those are the toughest positions for us to fill. I'd particularly like more help with the largest European leagues that are still unplayable (Denmark particularly), the Central League, and Canadian Junior A.

You can apply by posting in this thread, sending me a PM, or emailing me at jeff@ootpdevelopments.com. Please mention which leagues you're primarily interested in working on, and what particular qualifications you have to do the work. While the position isn't paid, you'll get your copy of FHM 2015 for free, and also be a part of the playtest team, seeing new versions before they're released.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:21 AM   #2
JoniJohn
Bat Boy

Apply

I really wanna part of the playtest team.
I love playing nhl games [nhl 14] and I really like to play gm modes too.
Usually I play nhl 14 be a gm gamemode but I like fhm too.
I really wanna test new Franchise Hockey Manager 2015.
JoniJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
Särås
Minors (Single A)

Could help with both research and what ever You may have use for me.

Have played more or less all hockey games that I know about since i bought my first PC back in 1994 (i'm born 1979).
But I'm in love with GM games, world love to help EHM to take it to the next level.
I know a bit about coding and a lot about ice hockey.
Thanks!
/Jimmy Särås

As for scouting players:
I'm looking at a average of 100+ NHL games (at TV, not live) a year and several more then that with highlights.
Also looking and flowing Modo Hockey in SEL.

Car maniac and hockey enthusiast...

Last edited by Särås; 08-01-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Särås is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoniJohn View Post
I really wanna part of the playtest team.
I love playing nhl games [nhl 14] and I really like to play gm modes too.
Usually I play nhl 14 be a gm gamemode but I like fhm too.
I really wanna test new Franchise Hockey Manager 2015.
Sure thing as a brand new member of this community.

I really want to date Ruth Wilson.
I love dating and bring roses all the time.
Normally I dress causally but for Ruth I will jump in my best suit.
I really want to lock hands and walk the red carpet with her in the future.

*lock me up forever.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:12 PM   #5
archibalduk
All Star Starter

It's great to see some enthusiasm for the helping the dev team. However, I think the research side is the reason for this thread - and I'm guessing the idea is to post what league(s) you'd be interested in helping out with and briefly explaining why you're qualified to research and rate the rosters.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

Ushl

I'd be interested in researching and seeing the USHL become playable.

I'm a former hockey player (still play in men's league today) and have spent some time writing about hockey and hockey prospects. I was a beat writer for the Chicago Steel and wrote about USHL prospects for Hockey's Future. I also live in Chicago, which is the HQ of the USHL.

I suppose I should also mention that I've played EHM 05 and 07, and bought FHM 14 during the Beta. I've played FHM 14 a lot, despite it's obvious bugs and flaws, but overall find it pretty enjoyable and would rather be part of the solution to making it even better (I try to post bugs when I find them in a constructive way).

My only concern is the time commitment (I'm also a lawyer), so if someone on the Dev Team or another researcher can let me know what is involved, that would be great? Thanks.
Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #7
Statsman1
Major Leagues

I would love the chance to help out. I bought the beta of FHM, and I would love the chance to be a part of the team.

I live near a few Junior A towns in Ontario, Canada. I would be happy to help with Canada Junior A leagues.

If it's a hockey sim, I have played it - Bethesda Softwork's Hockey League Simulator was the beginning of the addiction. I also helped with the stats beta-testing of OOTP in the past - 12 or 13.

Let me know what you need and I will pitch in the best I can.

Last edited by Statsman1; 08-02-2014 at 07:56 PM. Reason: enhanced begging.
Statsman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:56 PM   #8
Fred Shero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I would be interested in helping out with the historical end of things.
Fred Shero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:14 PM   #9
Smetana
All Star Starter

While I'm already on the testing team, my free time should be increasing as we head toward the fall months. I'm willing to research any league(s) you need help with, Jeff.

You know well my experience with evaluating players and working with roster data, just point me toward the league(s) you'd like me to work on.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:52 AM   #10
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax25 View Post
I'm also a lawyer
Oh my god we have another one on board already
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks to everybody who's responded so far, we'll keep this going a few more days so everyone who's not checking in regularly during the summer has a chance to see it, and then I'll start putting the new group together early next week.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:42 PM   #12
Xxhabsfan31xX
Bat Boy

I would be able to research the NOJHL (Canada Junior A) this season, I have season tickets and will see every team at least once! I have played EA NHL Be A GM, EHM 07 and bought the beta as soon as FHM 2013/2014 was announced. Im also pursuing a career in Sports Management or Analytics and hopefully a scout in future years. I am a goalie so I know who is good and who isnt

Last edited by Xxhabsfan31xX; 08-06-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Xxhabsfan31xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:52 PM   #13
AnthonyG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I can for sure help with the KHL or NHL. I'm also an avid EHM player and I watch KHL and NHL games all the time
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #14
Fred Shero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Right now I'm involved on the HF Boards Top 60 Wingers of all time voting. I've also been apart of the Top 60 Centers project and Some things involving the ATD board.
Fred Shero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:17 AM   #15
Gorane
Minors (Single A)

I would like to be a part of the research team for fhm 2015. I researched for the last version of fhm, so i am familiar with the system. I can help out with the Norwegian league. When will the game be released?
Gorane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:52 AM   #16
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
I can for sure help with the KHL or NHL. I'm also an avid EHM player and I watch KHL and NHL games all the time
Your input for the KHL would be appreciated. Where are you from? Do you follow the MHL?
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:45 AM   #17
gollum65
All Star Reserve

I'd be happy to help beta test the game. I was a beta tester for a couple of versions of OOTP when I was running online leagues in that game. I don't get to see much hockey outside of the NHL (I watch at least one, and regularly two games per night). But if you pointed me towards the website for a league I'm sure I could help out.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #18
kabucey
Bat Boy

I would love to help out as well! I follow the NHL closely.

Last edited by kabucey; 08-07-2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling
kabucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #19
AnthonyG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Your input for the KHL would be appreciated. Where are you from? Do you follow the MHL?
I don't really follow the MHL but I watch a lot of KHL games whenever I can. I am from Canada but don't think that I wouldn't know as much as a Russian would. I can for sure help though so if you need input from me I'll be happy to help!
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

Going to give this one final day while I finish up the new reference materials for researchers. So if you want to help out, please let me know by 12 noon (Pacific Time, 7 PM UTC) tomorrow. I'll take a final look at all the messages (there's been a pretty good response so far) and begin contacting people after that.