Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 01-09-2008, 11:32 PM   #1
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Still Making Custom Schedules?

Is there someone still making schedules? If so, could someone make the following schedule for me...

154 game balanced with all 4 game series. Tiered off days.

League has 16 teams, 8 teams per division

Is this possible?

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:41 AM   #2
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTeams View Post
Is there someone still making schedules? If so, could someone make the following schedule for me...

154 game balanced with all 4 game series. Tiered off days.

League has 16 teams, 8 teams per division

Is this possible?
You have conflicting parameters. A 16-team league playing a balanced schedule of 154 games would work out to 10.27 games per opponent. Naturally that can't be split into 4-game series. Note also that all 4-game series will result in series starting at odd times of the week, e.g. you may have a series running Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:49 AM   #3
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Note also that all 4-game series will result in series starting at odd times of the week, e.g. you may have a series running Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed.
Does it really make a difference what days of the week a series runs other than it might not be your traditional MLB setting??

Just wondering
Old 01-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Does it really make a difference what days of the week a series runs other than it might not be your traditional MLB setting??
None, unless you want a schedule that looks like a typical modern-day one. In which certain schedule parameters won't work out well.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:40 AM   #5
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
You have conflicting parameters. A 16-team league playing a balanced schedule of 154 games would work out to 10.27 games per opponent. Naturally that can't be split into 4-game series. Note also that all 4-game series will result in series starting at odd times of the week, e.g. you may have a series running Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed.
Thanks for responding Le Grand Orange. What parameters closest to 154 games (balanced) will work out in order to have all four game series? It's ok if the schedule is more than 154 games, but I'd rather it not be less. Also, it's fine that games start at odd times of the week.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for responding Le Grand Orange. What parameters closest to 154 games (balanced) will work out in order to have all four game series? It's ok if the schedule is more than 154 games, but I'd rather it not be less.
39 series x 4 games per series = 156 games; 40 series x 4 games per series = 160 games.

Assuming 4-game series are the most important aspect, then the 156 game schedule would have a club playing 9 opponents 12 times each and 6 opponents 8 times each (9 x 12 = 108 plus 6 x 8 = 48 for a total of 156 games). The 12 games against an opponent would have a home-away split of either 8-4 or 4-8. Due to the uneven number of teams played 12 times, clubs will not be playing an equal number of games at home or away; it'd be either 76-80 or 80-76.

A 160-game schedule would have a club playing 10 opponents 12 times each and 6 opponents 8 times each (10 x 12 = 120 games plus 5 x 8 = 40 games for a total of 160 games). The total number of games played at home and away by every club is equal in this format (80-80). Since ten clubs are played 12 times, that means five of them are played 8-4 and the other five 4-8.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the options Le Grand Orange. However, I would really like to play an all 4 game schedule that is balanced. How about a 112 game schedule?

Someone made one like that for me when I was playing my league with OOTP 6.12. Worked great. I'd be willing to settle for that.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #8
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for the options Le Grand Orange. However, I would really like to play an all 4 game schedule that is balanced. How about a 112 game schedule?

Someone made one like that for me when I was playing my league with OOTP 6.12. Worked great. I'd be willing to settle for that.
Attached is basically this schedule...
16 teams, 112 games, {2L/1D/8T}, no interleague
...but adjusted to be {1L/2D/8T}, no interdivision
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGN_G112_SL1_D1_T8_D2_T8_C_b1_gmo.lsdl (44.9 KB, 251 views)
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:15 AM   #9
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for responding, GMO. I'd fogotten who made that schedule for me.

Is this the exact game schedule you made for me in 6.12?

Thanks, again.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:52 AM   #10
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Yep, it is exactly the same in the layout.
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #11
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Sweet! Thanks.