Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:58 PM   #1
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Would love to these added SIERA, ERA-,and xFIP-

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

Would love to see these added for pitchers. I mean you are using Zips and Frangraphs war already.

Why can't these other categories for pitchers also be pulled and implemented in game?

I know you have FIP- and ERA+. And I like FIP- but much prefer ERA- over ERA+ its just easier to read.

But SIERA and xFIP- give us expected results and predecessors for players.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:23 PM   #2
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Yes. Been wanting this for awhile. when i brought this up earlier in ootp 19 i dont think i got a response
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:39 PM   #3
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
Yes. Been wanting this for awhile. when i brought this up earlier in ootp 19 i dont think i got a response
Yeah I brought it up before. It doesn't make sense to me as an outsider. Maybe there is some mechanic preventing this.

But doesn't make sense when it uses so many of the Fangraphs categories or stats as it does now. Zips fan graph War etc.

Why not just go all the way.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:56 PM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

Would love to see these added for pitchers. I mean you are using Zips and Frangraphs war already.

Why can't these other categories for pitchers also be pulled and implemented in game?

I know you have FIP- and ERA+. And I like FIP- but much prefer ERA- over ERA+ its just easier to read.

But SIERA and xFIP- give us expected results and predecessors for players.
I have no objections to adding more advanced stats to the game. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Let's just make sure we do the calculations properly on the advanced stats that are already in the game OK?

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:39 AM   #5
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I have no objections to adding more advanced stats to the game. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Let's just make sure we do the calculations properly on the advanced stats that are already in the game OK?
Yes all calculations need to be correct. I just want more. Pitcher stats are severely lacking.

Hell I'm not even asking for all the advanced batted ball and pitch type stats.

But this got me thinking I also which when you click a player that the Stat box it shows would fully allow customization. Kind of annoying that it isn't.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:50 PM   #6
Shake Appeal
Minors (Double A)

Desperately need:
xFIP, HR/FB%, LOB% (unless I'm missing something)

Nice to have at a later date:
Batted ball profiles, including exit velocity.

Last edited by Shake Appeal; 03-10-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Shake Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:49 AM   #7
jfb8300
Minors (Double A)

Hopefully if new new stats are added we'll have the ability to use them in filter. Even FIP currenrly isn't filterable!
jfb8300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:33 AM   #8
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yeah I brought it up before. It doesn't make sense to me as an outsider. Maybe there is some mechanic preventing this.

But doesn't make sense when it uses so many of the Fangraphs categories or stats as it does now. Zips fan graph War etc.

Why not just go all the way.
Been asking about stats for years....no new stats being added sadly.....they are done.
PT, animations and facegen i believe are there priorities
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:35 AM   #9
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb8300 View Post
Hopefully if new new stats are added we'll have the ability to use them in filter. Even FIP currenrly isn't filterable!
that will get me to buy the game again....
i can't even get clarification on RL splits and accuracy of rating used
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:52 AM   #10
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

The entire filtering statement is ancient and needs an overall. So much is left out that most times is completely useless.

I think the UI honestly needs some big overhaul as well and needs to bring windows version to 64 bit.

But damn I'll take those extra stat categories before all of that! Need more info on my pitchers.

Come on let's go
Old 03-13-2019, 12:18 PM   #11
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake Appeal View Post
Desperately need:
xFIP, HR/FB%, LOB% (unless I'm missing something)

Nice to have at a later date:
Batted ball profiles, including exit velocity.
Yes I would love HR/FB. I think someone said exit velocity might in ootp 20 now. Not positive.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:36 PM   #12
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
The entire filtering statement is ancient and needs an overall. So much is left out that most times is completely useless.

I think the UI honestly needs some big overhaul as well and needs to bring windows version to 64 bit.

But damn I'll take those extra stat categories before all of that! Need more info on my pitchers.

Come on let's go
So much this, theres not enough in the game that helps distinguish between pitchers.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #13
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Count me in as someone else who wants to see more of these stats in. We've added baserunning stats for players, and along with the spray charts, will keep adding stats as we go. But as mentioned, things are getting a little cluttered, so we'll probably need some larger UI changes before it really makes sense to add a lot more stats in.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:19 PM   #14
Shake Appeal
Minors (Double A)

Nice to hear.

One thing to consider, though I'm sure it's a bear, is letting people create custom views where they can choose which stats they want to include or exclude, resize and reorder columns, etc. Football Manager does this, although their implementation is a little finicky.

(Then let people export and share their custom views.)
Shake Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #15
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Has there ever been talk of adding batted ball data like GB%, FB%, LD%, soft/medium/hard contact%, average exit velocity (EV is already in the game during PbP), launch angle, etc.?
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote