Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:55 AM   #1
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Season 4 (2022) Discussion: 4/15 - 4/21

Raccoons are up to Diamond, the Rebels are down to Silver. Haven't looked much at the leagues yet (or, at all...), but here are my current rosters, crossposted with the value thread.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:35 PM   #2
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Just like last season a 7-1 start ... last year we managed a 73-89 record, this year we already won 5 games against Innsmouth ...

It remains to be seen if we are that good or if Innsmouth only is that bad
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
neugey
All Star Reserve

A wild and crazy Monday. Seeing a lot of softball scores in my games so far. Just had a 10-run first inning good for silver achievement and 400PP!

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #4
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons are off to a great start, 8-2 (best record so far). I'm using a balanced lineup this year (we're 1st in R, HR, SB, etc, and were at the top last year too) and my defense is better this year, since I spent all of last season training players at other positions. I feel good about our chances for making the playoffs this season. I've made some nice upgrades to the pitching staff and with better D and a very good offense, we should do very well.

Last edited by old timer; 04-15-2019 at 03:43 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:56 PM   #5
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

I'm veering off to humblebrag territory but I'm a bit bemused by this.

With my ill-gotten Ty Cobb wins MVP gains I got a standard pack yesterday and pulled out a Gold Felipe Vazquez card. I've already got him so I was just going to put him on the auction house but decided to put it off until today since he was rated 89, so there was a good chance he might shoot up to Diamond and I could rake in the improved Quick-Sell price.

As a lark, I popped him on the Auction House with a Buy-Now price of 7500 PP. He was gone within 30 minutes.

That's crazy right? No way is that card worth that much. The previous auction house high was like 1650 PP.

Don't know what to do with myself with so much PP in the bank.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:02 PM   #6
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbucket View Post
I'm veering off to humblebrag territory but I'm a bit bemused by this.

With my ill-gotten Ty Cobb wins MVP gains I got a standard pack yesterday and pulled out a Gold Felipe Vazquez card. I've already got him so I was just going to put him on the auction house but decided to put it off until today since he was rated 89, so there was a good chance he might shoot up to Diamond and I could rake in the improved Quick-Sell price.

As a lark, I popped him on the Auction House with a Buy-Now price of 7500 PP. He was gone within 30 minutes.

That's crazy right? No way is that card worth that much. The previous auction house high was like 1650 PP.

Don't know what to do with myself with so much PP in the bank.
Nice!

My Scherzer jumped up to a perfect today and I'm wondering if I should quick-sell him for 20K or keep him...

B'sin'Glou are again off to a fast start. 9-3. I see a familiar face in my division this week. Charlotte's Unicorns, run by DonkeyKongSr...

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:51 PM   #7
Warhawk
Major Leagues

My teams are 6-7, 5-7, and 5-7. How astonishingly meh.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:26 PM   #8
Ile
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
Nice!

My Scherzer jumped up to a perfect today and I'm wondering if I should quick-sell him for 20K or keep him...
Thinking the same about my Matt Chapman. I have a gold Eugenio Suarez DHing and a silver historical all-star Doug DeCinces behind him. I'm leaning towards keeping him, but if he has a bad week IRL, I'm probably selling him on sunday. Could just buy him for like 5k-6k on monday if he drops and spend the rest on packs.

I just wish there was a reliable way to predict rating changes
Ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:07 PM   #9
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

There be WHALES! In Gold 301.

Your favorite Frogs were promoted to gold level after a pretty successful season in silver last week. But, the weekly promotions might stop for a while, lol.

Take this Auburn Doubledays team in my league. I think this dude qualifies as a whale. Perfects: Yelich, Betts, Lindor, Big Unit, deGrom, Syndergaard. And then a nice assortment of diamonds: Altuve, Jose Ramirez, Babe Ruth, Piazza, Clemens, Lincecum. And that doesn't even account for all the diamond caliber starters in the bullpen. If this team doesn't win 120 games, it'll be a disappointment (he probably will win 120+ judging by his manager history). This guy has 6 diamond cards (and several "it" golds and silvers) that don't even make the active roster.

All in all, my team could be in the running for a wild card spot. But there is definitely one much better team in the division. Now that I no longer have bronze 60 OVR Dennis "I love lamp" Lamp in my rotation (the price you pay for "re-imagining" your team between seasons and the parts don't quite fit yet), we'll see what happens.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:16 PM   #10
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Off to my typical strong start with my typical 100 win team that doesnt do **** in the playoffs. I need a historical legend pull so bad....
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:30 PM   #11
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Take this Auburn Doubledays team in my league. I think this dude qualifies as a whale. Perfects: Yelich, Betts, Lindor, Big Unit, deGrom, Syndergaard. And then a nice assortment of diamonds: Altuve, Jose Ramirez, Babe Ruth, Piazza, Clemens, Lincecum. And that doesn't even account for all the diamond caliber starters in the bullpen. If this team doesn't win 120 games, it'll be a disappointment (he probably will win 120+ judging by his manager history). This guy has 6 diamond cards (and several "it" golds and silvers) that don't even make the active roster.
Pretty sure the Doubledays are run by daves. I came up against him one season in perfect in PT1.0. It wasn't pretty.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
Old 04-16-2019, 12:07 AM   #12
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Just finished April in 1st with a 16-9 record. For the 1st time ever, I had the pitcher of the month (Mark Langston) and batter of the month (Chuck Klein). Klein was consistently good for me in PT19 with my Clippers team so it's good to see him have such a great start with my Raccoons.
Attached Images
Old 04-16-2019, 12:28 AM   #13
petdawg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Team sucks

I am one of those so called whales and I am trying to figure out why I even bothered. My team is under performing across the board. I got off to a terrible start like I do every season. I have managed to drag myself above .500, but with all the perfect legend cards I have, my team sucks.

Name:  Baseball.JPG
Views: 222
Size:  45.8 KB

All my starting pitchers are 100, except Johnson who is a 99. Ted Williams, Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth area complete crap. I also have RH hitters I platoon that are totally awful, including a 100 DiMaggio .194 AVG - 0 HR. All my starters have 5 starts. I have read in several posts that the stats even out over a full season, but I am starting to have my doubts. I am about to pull Young, Martinez and Seaver out of my starting rotation. I just switched my line ups all around to try and spark something. All my batters on the graphic have 80-105 plate appearances.

Bonds, Clemens, Gooden and Eckersley are about all that stand out. If these stats are going to even out, I assume I have quite a few wins coming. I am in one of the four Perfect leagues, so the competition is tough, but not so tough that most of my team should suck.

Of course after I post this, Cy Young goes out and throws a 3 hit shutout. Picks up his first win and drops his ERA to 4.70.

Last edited by petdawg; 04-16-2019 at 01:05 AM.
petdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:05 AM   #14
Izz
Hall Of Famer

B'sin'Glou are 17-9 and currently on a 3-game skid. We've only hit 20 homers so far and are just 7th in runs scored, so I'll gladly accept our 1-game division lead.

Still haven't decided whether to quicksell Scherzer or not...

Old 04-16-2019, 01:16 AM   #15
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Big Walt is a 2-WAR pitcher… at the end of April. The Raccoons, though, are losing at an 11-15 pace in Diamond, but … well, look, Walt, I'm very sorry. - Well, some things *never* change!

Chattanooga started a bit above .500 in Silver, but reinforcements are hard to come by ...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:32 AM   #16
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs ended their first ever day at the gold level with a respectable, not great, 13-14 mark.

Most of April was spent digging out after going toe to toe with 2 of the stronger teams in the conference. Subtract my 2-9 mark against those teams and things look pretty decent. Revamping the starting rotation has also started to pay dividends...

Spent most of the evening trolling for starting pitchers (was not gonna roll with Brad Keller, Herman Pillette, and Dennis Lamp in the rotation any longer than I had to). Gerrit Cole is the only holdover on the starting staff from silver level last week. Patrick Corbin has moved into the bullpen for the time being. Might toy with the "stopper" role for him after he got promoted back to diamond. The other newbs to the rotation this week? 83 Dave Stieb, 84 Matt Morris, 86 Mel Harder, 84 Mike Hampton. As you may have guessed, the priority here is mainly HR suppression. Spent 8400 PP total on all these guys so that's not too terrible.

Not looking forward to my 4-game series against the Auburn Doubledays tomorrow. If I take one game out of four, I'll be happy.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:18 AM   #17
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Playing .500 ball but stuck at the bottom of the division.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:42 AM   #18
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I have a packs-only team that opens only on a strict schedule. Last year in Bronze they finished 86-78, got the 2nd WC spot and made it to the division series.

This year in Silver they are 5-20 after the first month, last or second to last in every category.

This post is to balance out all you guys who have awesome teams!

P.S., As an FYI about the team: I open 7 packs a week, 2 at the All-Star break and 5 in the offseason. I also buy a pack after selling off every 6 Bronze+ duplicate players. My pack opening luck is legendarily average: currently, after opening 20 additional packs over the seasons, I have gotten 2 golds and 5 silvers (and one of the silvers was a dupe).
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:10 PM   #19
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Just like last season a 7-1 start ... last year we managed a 73-89 record, this year we already won 5 games against Innsmouth ...

It remains to be seen if we are that good or if Innsmouth only is that bad
What a difference a day makes
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:54 PM   #20
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
My Louisville Colonels are in this league also. After battling him for many seasons in PT19, I have great respect for daves (Auburn). He does an exceptional job of assembling a roster that has balance and never seems to slump. I think he will win the league, and deserves to win the league.

Yes, he probably spends real money to acquire cards. I don't hold that against him, but then so do I. I don't consider myself a whale, but you might. Everything is relative. But don't think daves is just buying a championship. As Bum Phillips said about Don Shula (I paraphrase), "he could take your players, give you his players, and still beat you".
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote