Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:45 PM   #1
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Editing ballpark dimensions, wall heights, etc.

In the process of editing the ballpark factors and decided to edit the fence heights and dimensions too, as well as capacity.

Anyone care to explain what they all affect?
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:12 AM   #2
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
fence height and dimensions I believe is just graphical in nature. Capacity is tied into your revenue.

The ballpark factors are the main #1 thing behind the scenes that makes hits, doubles, triples, homers etc
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:09 AM   #3
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
fence height and dimensions I believe is just graphical in nature. Capacity is tied into your revenue.

The ballpark factors are the main #1 thing behind the scenes that makes hits, doubles, triples, homers etc
What do you suggest be done about capacity? For example, the game has O.Co as around 35K but multiple sources have it around 48K.

EDIT: Disregard. The website (andrewclem.com) had that as its capacity WITH the upper deck. It lists the parks capacity at 35K without.

Last edited by itsmb8; 04-02-2019 at 01:21 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:13 PM   #4
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post

thats just crazy.....if i set a 100 foot left field wall the ball park should adjust for less homers over that 100 foot wall.
so there is no way to stack your team with left handed power hitters to hit over the 300 foot rt field fence.

can you stats on how far and location of each home run? (or hit for that matter)
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:29 PM   #5
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
I would say for further answers pop over to the mod sub forum lots of custom stadium. Those guys know everything.

I'm just repeating what I read there from time to time
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:05 PM   #6
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Last question I have, if you know the answer, is does the line literally mean at the line, or a little more off of it