Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:27 PM   #1
tward13
All Star Starter

In game stuff

Overall, playing out games is much better than in the past.

A few things I've noticed:

When I click on the Bullpen button (under my line-up) it should bring me to MY bullpen/line-up, never the other team's. I seems to depend on which team is on the field.

One reason I need to click there is to check on my starters pitch count because it's not displayed while we're batting (hint hint)

While watching the the action on the field it seems the timing of the action isn't quite right. Too often the run gets to the bag before the throw but it's an out. A tweak to the timing of this would improve immersion.

Along this with this, a minor thing - runners should run through first on all plays there not just when they're safe. Runners stop on plays when they're out.

Also, I don't think enough runners take the extra base on throws and runners don't tag from second often enough on deep flies.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:13 PM   #2
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post

When I click on the Bullpen button (under my line-up) it should bring me to MY bullpen/line-up, never the other team's. I seems to depend on which team is on the field.

One reason I need to click there is to check on my starters pitch count because it's not displayed while we're batting (hint hint)

While watching the the action on the field it seems the timing of the action isn't quite right. Too often the run gets to the bag before the throw but it's an out. A tweak to the timing of this would improve immersion.

Along this with this, a minor thing - runners should run through first on all plays there not just when they're safe. Runners stop on plays when they're out.

Also, I don't think enough runners take the extra base on throws and runners don't tag from second often enough on deep flies.

Would like to add, when doing a hit and run and there is a base hit to the outfield that has a chance at being caught but the fielder holds up and lets it bounce the runner on 1st stops halfway to 2nd, then when the ball hits the ground he runs all the way to 3rd while the fielder is holding the ball. They should hold up at 2nd on that type of play, even with the hit and run on.
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:55 PM   #3
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post

I've never seen the bullpen issue you describe. That's odd.

Yes, the animation stuff is just the growing pains of building a 3D engine. It's going to take some time. I imagine that the runner being called out when arriving before the throw will be one of the next fixes. With each patch there are small improvements.
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:51 AM   #4
tward13
All Star Starter

When you click on the bullpen during game play while your team is at bat it brings you to your team's lineup and pitching screen?

I pretty sure it always brings me to the screen of the team that's pitching.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote