Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2016, 11:48 AM   #181
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
How will expansion work in FHM3 with Las Vegas? Will it automatically expand for the 17-18 season?
We evaluate our options at the moment. Most likely you have the option to do the expansion or keep the league as it is in 2016/17.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:37 PM   #182
Grimmas
Bat Boy

Just wanted to see if this is going to be possible, because it's really the only feature I care about.

Can I start the NHL from the earliest time possible, with AHL, CHL and decide when teams move, when the league expands, make sure the NHL draft is before free agency?

That's all I care about. I don't want teams moving, if I don't want them too. I don't want the WHL opening up and I don't want to have to sign people and keep them on a reserve list and have no place for them to play.
Grimmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:56 PM   #183
Grimmas
Bat Boy

Also, first team all-star award would be nice.
Grimmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:22 PM   #184
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
Sebastian,
Sorry to be annoying but any word on screen size?
We try to improve the situation. But we don't even have such hardware (small screen, very high resolution) available, so it is hard to work on it without seeing it. Would you be available for testing?
Old 07-15-2016, 07:58 PM   #185
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
We try to improve the situation. But we don't even have such hardware (small screen, very high resolution) available, so it is hard to work on it without seeing it. Would you be available for testing?
I would love to help. My screen is 15.6 inches though. When ready please let me know.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:16 AM   #186
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I have a 13' 3200x1800 screen I could test it on.

Also, wanted to throw out a few more minor suggestions/bug fixes...

1. Even when you have control over lines and tactics set to 'human', when playing through games if one of your player get a 10 minute game misconduct, the AI changes your lines up and even if you change them back, they reset back to what the AI wants. It's like my assistant coaches staged a coup or something.

2. When moving players around in the in-game lines screen, moving them throughout the 5v5 and 4v4 lineups results in the player you are moving overlapping and replacing the player in the new position.
I realized this sounded weird so I'll give an example.... I have Pouliot on LW2, and Korpikoski on LW3. In the game, Pouliot is struggling so I want to switch him and Korpikoski around. If I select and drag Pouliot over LW3, he will replace Korpikoski but still be on LW2.
I get why, it's because you can double-shift players in games (I think? Seems like the AI takes control occasionally when I do that, too) but if you could have it swap places again in FHM 3, that would be much appreciated.

3. Occasionally when changing lines in-game, the game will force me to put players on the fourth defensive pairing.

4. When playing in-game, the shootout selection is blank and cannot be filled.

5. Having options for 3v3 lineups. Since OT in the NHL is set to be 3v3, that would be a nice feature to have. 2 forwards, 1 defenceman.

I realize most of these are bug reports, but since there won't be any further updates for FHM 2 I thought to write them out in here.

Also, for the tactics screen...For time allotments... Having all the lines on one screen for that would be a good idea IMO. It can get tedious changing the times for each line with how it is now, because changing the amount of time for line one sometimes gives line four more minutes, which was intended for line two. Then changing line twos time takes away minutes from line three instead of line four. I think you see where I am going with this.

I would love for a player-player comparison feature in FHM3. Could have sworn FHM 2014 had one, but just loaded it up and now and it seems I was wrong. (On a side note: wow has this game ever come a long way from 2014. Not that it was a horrible game, but it was kind of "ugly" in a way XP)

I come up with tons of ideas while playing FHM 2. Fortunately for the devs I forget most of them by the time I post here lol

EDIT: I remembered another one with the game engine. In the NHL, the penalty set up isn't done right. For example, there aren't delayed penalties and the faceoff doesn't automatically start in the penalized teams defensive end.

Last edited by omjo; 07-18-2016 at 01:06 PM.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:39 PM   #187
mso94
Major Leagues

PLAYER CARDS...

not sure if anybody has said this yet .
mso94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:30 AM   #188
redtiger7
All Star Starter

In the lineup screen, I sometimes have trouble dragging players into their spots as the command doesn't get recognized . Could we implement a system where we can just click on a player and click on a roster spot to drop them in alongside the current system.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:48 AM   #189
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
In the lineup screen, I sometimes have trouble dragging players into their spots as the command doesn't get recognized . Could we implement a system where we can just click on a player and click on a roster spot to drop them in alongside the current system.
Already implemented in FHM 3. You can now use both methods as you like.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #190
Zyllyx
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
FWIW, OOTP17 has fixed the issue for me - I wonder if you could ask that dev team what they did and possibly borrow their code...
Zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #191
Jefrey
Bat Boy

It would be good t get feedback on your GM reputation. Mine is poor now and it is not clear why. I tried checking the online manual but it does not say anything. Maybe add more information in the board update giving feedback.

Love the game looking forward to fhm 3!
Jefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:10 AM   #192
Charwinger21
Bat Boy

Quote:
I've got a 13.3" 3200x1800 touchscreen laptop, as well as a couple 4k displays.

Currently looking at potentially adding a sub 10" super high resolution display as well.

If you need any help, just let me know.
Charwinger21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #193
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mso94 View Post
PLAYER CARDS...

not sure if anybody has said this yet .
As with all things, with an option to turn them off.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:53 AM   #194
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
As with all things, with an option to turn them off.
It´s a kind of feature that would be a "nice to have" but unfortunately nothing we have time for at the moment.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:33 PM   #195
Jimdawg47
Minors (Single A)

Sebastian,
Will the new game work fluidly on MS Surface 4. The resolutions are pretty high and the words often become small. If you need more info please email me at jqwaldron@aol.com
Jimdawg47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:13 PM   #196
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Have another suggestion, hope it isn't too late.

Keyboard shortcuts. Would be cool if we could link all the different screens to keyboard keys. Customizable, of course.

Not a big new feature but I think it would make accessing certain screens much more efficient (in other words, less mouse clicking). As of right now, there isn't any use for the keyboard when it comes to FHM 2.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:21 PM   #197
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Have another suggestion, hope it isn't too late.

Keyboard shortcuts. Would be cool if we could link all the different screens to keyboard keys. Customizable, of course.

Not a big new feature but I think it would make accessing certain screens much more efficient (in other words, less mouse clicking). As of right now, there isn't any use for the keyboard when it comes to FHM 2.
FHM 2 already has the F1-11 keys linked to the most used screens. F12 ist for screenshots.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #198
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
FHM 2 already has the F1-11 keys linked to the most used screens. F12 ist for screenshots.
Thanks for that! I pressed every number and letter key, but never considered the 'f' keys lol...
Old 08-06-2016, 12:51 PM   #199
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Thanks for that! I pressed every number and letter key, but never considered the 'f' keys lol...
Sorry, we need better documentation. It was added with one of the updates.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #200
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Sorry, we need better documentation. It was added with one of the updates.
It's all good lol the anticipation over FHM 3 makes up for any documentation "issues" XP

I, like many others, can't wait to see what you guys bring to the table in FHM 3. 2 was such a leap over FHM 2014 (or 1?).