Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

View Poll Results: Which scenerio is more likely?
Bartolo Colon home run 12 46.15%
Prince Fielder stealing home 14 53.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

Bartolo Colon hitting a home run or Prince Fielder stealing home?

Which scenario is more likely. Go. Can include passed balls for Prince Fielder.

Duluth Danger (HBL) Dynasty Report -- Online League Franchise
Duluth - 1985/1989 North League Champions!

Last edited by Mr. Baseball; 07-24-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Mr. Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:37 PM   #2
CD1083
All Star Starter

I can imagine a scenario where the ball skips away in Oakland where Fielder is able to lumber home. I can't imagine a scenario where Colon is able to take one deep, unless it's a deep dish pizza.
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:30 AM   #3
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Anybody can get a lucky jack if the wind's blowing out at the right park and somebody hangs a pitch. But I can barely imagine Prince stealing second, much less home.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:43 PM   #4
IsaacR
Major Leagues

Prince Fielder is deceptively quick. He had a inside the park homer in Milwaukee a few years back. Bartolo Colon couldn't hit a homer in slow pitch softball.
IsaacR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:27 AM   #5
Number4
Major Leagues

With passed balls it is a nobrainer, Fielder all the way.
Orginal question: I think a freak inside the parker for Colon is more likely than a active steal of home for Fielder. I thought he might evade a rundown and be safe at home, but by this video, the only rundown Fielder would evade was one executed by the weight watchers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jvNLOwUeQE

Then again, it needs to be a real one in a million play to let colon circle the bases - look at him compressing what would be a hr for any speedy guy, a triple for a hustling colon, into a double: Colon's RBI double | MLB.com
Number4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:43 PM   #6
jacknastyspartan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Passed ball included, Fielder stealing home. Fielder is much quicker than most think, when he gets moving, he isn't a bad athlete. A bad passed ball can get far enough away from the catcher it isn't hard to see Fielder scoring. On an actual, active steal of home, Bartolo Colon hitting a home run is far more likely; active steals of home are rare in any circumstance. It is hardly unusual for a pitcher to luckily lean into one the right way and benefit from a favorable wind, pitch and park effects.
jacknastyspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:20 PM   #7
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 02:18 PM   #8
mirrf
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknastyspartan View Post
Passed ball included, Fielder stealing home. Fielder is much quicker than most think, when he gets moving, he isn't a bad athlete. A bad passed ball can get far enough away from the catcher it isn't hard to see Fielder scoring. On an actual, active steal of home, Bartolo Colon hitting a home run is far more likely; active steals of home are rare in any circumstance. It is hardly unusual for a pitcher to luckily lean into one the right way and benefit from a favorable wind, pitch and park effects.
I agree completely.

But lets change the question a bit. Which comes first:Prince Fielder a straight steal of home or Colon hitting an inside the park homer. I'm still leaning toward Colon... A corner outfielder might hurt himself on a ground ball down the line and be unable to get the ball back to the infield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrf View Post
Time is like a crystal pool in front of a mirror, wrapped in a fortune cookie. It is to be eaten, but the glass shards will burn brightest when coming out the back end.
mirrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #9
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrf View Post
I agree completely.

But lets change the question a bit. Which comes first:Prince Fielder a straight steal of home or Colon hitting an inside the park homer. I'm still leaning toward Colon... A corner outfielder might hurt himself on a ground ball down the line and be unable to get the ball back to the infield.
Yeah, but the Phillies and Domonic Brown won't come back this year.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote