Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
bailey
Hall Of Famer

14.4.23 breaks a feature

The "Player of the Week" award is now based on stats complied from Monday through Sunday instead of Sunday through Saturday. Also, pitchers have a higher chance of winning it now.

Not exactly sure what the motivation for this is, but the game is now not consistent with what a 'week' is.

7 day lineups reading left to right ---Sunday-Saturday
last week stats (under split for either batters or pitchers)--- Sunday-Saturday
Player of the Week Award formerly in agreement, now it is not.

I would like the option to go back to Sunday-Saturday for Player of the Week.

I went to a great deal of trouble to create a customized schedule that follows the Sunday-Saturday week and now it's all for nothing. My schedule features 6 or 7 game series between 2 teams each week for the whole season. It makes sense for the player of the week to be based on stats from the set of games against a single team and now it won't be.

An alternate solution is to have 7 day lineups and 'last week' stats also be based on Monday - Sunday. My schedule is easy enough to alter for that solution. Whatever is decided, please, make it consistent throughout the game!

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Thanks for letting me know. Have not updated yet.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Hey! Bailey! Long time no speak!

Anyways, last week's stats ARE Monday to Sunday....

As you can see from this player's record (June 6 was a Sunday and not included):

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  93.5 KB

And if you do the 'split' on a list of players, you get the same results there as on the Player Page.....Monday through Sunday

I agree that the 7-day lineups should start on a Monday, but that is just a cosmetic issue....

The reason for the change is that Monday is the start of a new week, not Sunday....new series almost invariably begin on Monday and Sunday is the end of a series 99.9% of the time.....

If Sunday is the first day of the week, why is it a part of the weekEND?.....

Last edited by Questdog; 08-06-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Since when does the week start on a Monday?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Are you saying 'last week' stats are based on Monday-Sunday and that Markus omitted this change in the list of changes? That would make sense.

Now, hopefully, 7-day lineups can be changed to read Monday-Sunday. I can change my schedule to start on a Monday, I guess.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
Hey! Bailey! Long time no speak!
Anyways, last week's stats ARE Monday to Sunday....
Yes, the split for 'Last Weeks' stats is Monday to Sunday. A league I am in intentionally changed our sim schedule to coincide with schedule.

I would like for the to change the '7 day lineups' to match this to make it consistent.

Last edited by byzeil; 08-06-2013 at 08:24 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
hefalumps
All Star Starter

For what it's worth, I agree that everything should be in agreement. I remember thinking it odd that the "Last Week" split and the player of the week went Sunday to Saturday, especially since the PoW was announced on Monday. So for me personally, I like that it runs Monday to Sunday, but I think everything (including 7-day lineups) should run on the same schedule.

I know the first day of the week on a calendar is a Sunday, but I've always treated Monday as the first day of the week.

It would be even better if this was an option, so people could have it whichever way they preferred, but I imagine that might be tricky.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Yes, the split for 'Last Weeks' stats is Monday to Sunday. A league I am in intentionally changed our sim schedule several seasons ago to coincide with schedule.

I would like for the to change the '7 day lineups' to match this to make it consistent.
In 14 before the patch, it was Sunday-Saturday, at least in this view:

Old 08-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

I really never noticed in that view. I used the 'last week' split when I was here:
Attached Images

Last edited by byzeil; 08-06-2013 at 08:32 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Since when does the week start on a Monday?
Always.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #11
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Yeah whichever one gets used it should be consistent throughout. That's one of my big beefs with some of the different financial pages - they use different estimates of future payrolls to figure budget room, so it's not clear which one is correct.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #12
gehrig38
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
The "Player of the Week" award is now based on stats complied from Monday through Sunday instead of Sunday through Saturday. Also, pitchers have a higher chance of winning it now.

Not exactly sure what the motivation for this is, but the game is now not consistent with what a 'week' is.

7 day lineups reading left to right ---Sunday-Saturday
last week stats (under split for either batters or pitchers)--- Sunday-Saturday
Player of the Week Award formerly in agreement, now it is not.

I would like the option to go back to Sunday-Saturday for Player of the Week.

I went to a great deal of trouble to create a customized schedule that follows the Sunday-Saturday week and now it's all for nothing. My schedule features 6 or 7 game series between 2 teams each week for the whole season. It makes sense for the player of the week to be based on stats from the set of games against a single team and now it won't be.

An alternate solution is to have 7 day lineups and 'last week' stats also be based on Monday - Sunday. My schedule is easy enough to alter for that solution. Whatever is decided, please, make it consistent throughout the game!
Player of the week is determined Monday through Sunday.

The Alaska Avalanche 2024-2030 Moving on to my birthplace

The San Antonio Silver Stars 2030-2034 From one big state, Alaska, to another, Texas!

gehrig38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #13
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Are you saying 'last week' stats are based on Monday-Sunday and that Markus omitted this change in the list of changes? That would make sense.

Now, hopefully, 7-day lineups can be changed to read Monday-Sunday. I can change my schedule to start on a Monday, I guess.
Exactly, but I would bet that we'll have to live with the 7-day lineups as they are for a while......
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #14
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
That's one of my big beefs with some of the different financial pages - they use different estimates of future payrolls to figure budget room, so it's not clear which one is correct.
Well, that's easily answered: they're all correct. The numbers differ because of the page you're looking at. Just like how light is a wave or particle depending on the experiment being run.

(Future payroll duality? A new principle of OOTP financial physics!)
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote