Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

Im baaack

finally got ootp14. (was too committed to my ootp13 franchise...but with the ASB 50% off sale figured I'd do a first-time import into ootp14). Anyways, pardon my bad memory, but I always need help with this every year...

Can someone give me the link for the real ballpark pictures? And I install that into the /ballparks folder, correct?
Baseballman2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballman2K5 View Post
finally got ootp14. (was too committed to my ootp13 franchise...but with the ASB 50% off sale figured I'd do a first-time import into ootp14). Anyways, pardon my bad memory, but I always need help with this every year...

Can someone give me the link for the real ballpark pictures? And I install that into the /ballparks folder, correct?
Dl the 2013 all-in-one mod from add-ons central. That has all the mlb ballpark pics. Once it dl's, click the install button and it'll put everything in the correct folders. (Yes, ballpark pics and .prk files go in the ballparks folder).
If you need to reinstall the ballpark pics, I included the .prk files for them. Once you install the all-in-one, go to any teams setup page and click Edit Ballpark. Click the Import/Export tab and select Auto Import All Ballparks and your good to go.
If you already have the ballpark pics, just copy them over from 13.
To auto install them, pstrickert and gambo have created the auto install files (.prk) for them and they are here. Just put the one you choose in the same folder as the ballpark pics.
Gambo's http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ark-files.html
Pstrickert's http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ick-setup.html
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

bigrod, I copied them over from OOTP13 ballparks folder, but im still getting a blank display for the stadium in-game. I try and auto import all ballpark files, and it makes me choose a folder, once I get into the ballparks folder all my stadium files are grayed out and I cannot select any of them
Old 07-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
bigrod, I copied them over from OOTP13 ballparks folder, but im still getting a blank display for the stadium in-game. I try and auto import all ballpark files, and it makes me choose a folder, once I get into the ballparks folder all my stadium files are grayed out and I cannot select any of them
In order to auto import ballpark pics, you need to have the associated .prk files (only .prk files created with ootp14 will work. Earlier versions won't) and they need to be in the same folder. The greyed out is normal..just click ok. Ootp knows what it needs that's why you can't select anything.
One more thing:
If you have the .prk files and ballpark pics in the same folder and the pics aren't auto importing, there's a trick you can use to fix it.
You may have to rename your ballpark pics to match the data in the .prk file.
It's easy to do...
Just open the .prk file with notepad and look at the first couple of data lines..The first characters that make sense are the ballparks name as it appears in ootp, the second is the day ballpark pics name and the 3rd is the night ballpark pics name. They'll look like this:
1.Angel Stadium of Anaheim (Ballpark name)
2.Angel Stadium_D.jpg (Actual ballpark day pic name that the .prk file looks for.)
3. Angel Stadium_N.jpg (Actual ballpark night pic name that the .prk file looks for.)
The acutal .prk code looks something like this and the names you want to look for are highlighted in red. Obviously they'll be different depending on the ballpark name:
Code:
             Qc cz   `      #
 ^ o    O W . V */$?ffffff?\(\??333333?Mb?
Q?(\?*  -  1  5  <  E  L   L   E  :  1  ,    J c   r ^ J
    Angel Stadium of Anaheim   Angel Stadium_D.jpg   Angel Stadium_N.jpg           lf, 'cI]$F ]5q Hp *    ,  &4  Q X P o           D  r *   $~ T   (  (   J  l    3  T - t / { P  T  q  X   { *  : [ x
Rename your ballpark pics to match the names in the .prk file. When you're done, do not save the .prk file, just close notepad without saving.
If you need more help, just ask..

Last edited by Bigrod; 07-18-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
That's normal. Just click ok. But you need .prk files in the same folder or in a subfolder with the ballpark pics for the auto import to work.
I have the .prk file in the folder with all my ballpark images as a jpeg also. I do also have a .DS_Store file in the folder...I click "Select" with everything grayed out and it gives me a message "Imported 0 of 268 ballparks successfully"
Old 07-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

a little more info..i started an expansion team in ootp13 year 1 of an mlb quickstart....my expansion team's stadium is named Burn Ballpark, and I do not see that ballpark in the drop down of the stadiums.

Also...in the edit ballpark screen, with the drop down list of all the stadiums..if i select any MLB stadium...their stadium photo appears. but in-game its blank.

Perhaps I'll post a couple screen shots
Old 07-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
I have the .prk file in the folder with all my ballpark images as a jpeg also. I do also have a .DS_Store file in the folder...I click "Select" with everything grayed out and it gives me a message "Imported 0 of 268 ballparks successfully"
Ok see my second post...we're posting at the same time almost so I'm getting behind

They're not importing because your ballpark pics aren't named the same as they are inside the .prk files.
Damn I hate that ds store ...trash it if your on a pc..that's some mac crap you don't need.

Last edited by Bigrod; 07-18-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #8
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

you know what, it works now. I was in spring training during all that...and now I'm in regular season and the stadiums are showing up. I didn't realize in OOTP14 you played in a special spring training stadium...in ootp13 it would display the regular season stadiums in spring training also.

I wonder if it will still display the Reds stadium for my home stadium (the option I selected in ootp13)..considering I couldn't even see my stadium in the drop down list
Old 07-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #9
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
you know what, it works now. I was in spring training during all that...and now I'm in regular season and the stadiums are showing up. I didn't realize in OOTP14 you played in a special spring training stadium...in ootp13 it would display the regular season stadiums in spring training also.

I wonder if it will still display the Reds stadium for my home stadium (the option I selected in ootp13)..considering I couldn't even see my stadium in the drop down list
Oh yeah...forgot about the spring training ballpark..oops
That drop down list isn't really meant to be used to set your custom ballpark pics..you should manually import them on the Edit Ballpark/Picture and Options page under the ballpark picture files heading. or auto import if you have the .prk files.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #10
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

thanks for your help. near the end of spring i noticed it said "Spring Ballpark" and started to suspect that was it.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

ah I was afraid of this..

my first 6 games started on the road...now im home and its a blank stadium photo. When i go to my team setup and ballpark options...all I can do is edit my team's logo and colors. Nothing about the ballpark I can change. There is also a drop down menu that has nothing selected that is grayed out for me.

*I think i figured it out...all I had to do was turn on commish mode to edit

Last edited by Baseballman2K5; 07-19-2013 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Got it