Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:15 PM   #1
DaBears
Major Leagues

Historical Transaction/Real Lineups

Trying a historical game with the 1996 NYY, real everything checked. The game released Dwight Gooden on 4/5/1996, when baseball-reference shows he was with NYY until November of 1997. Did I miss something?
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I just tried it. Gooden spends the entire season with NYY and makes all his starts. "Real everything checked" means what, exactly? You didn't enable historical minors, did you?
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #3
DaBears
Major Leagues

I did enable AAA but not historical. Thought it would be just a holding spot where I could see stats. Maybe that was my mistake.

If I use real minor leagues, will that make it work? Should I just use reserve roster?

Also, if I add Gooden back with the editor, and the move forward, will that work? Or do I have to start over? Only four games in and 2-2 so not a huge deal. Just curious.

Thanks!!!
Old 08-06-2019, 07:40 PM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I'd start over; but that's just me. Reserve roster is best. If you use historical minors, you'll see the AI make roster moves, some of which might perplex you. It is not recommended.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:20 PM   #5
DaBears
Major Leagues

Not a big deal to start over. Only a few days in and, if this works, I would love to make it a long-term game. Would rather get it right up front.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:43 PM   #6
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Don't be afraid to do a brief test run. If all goes well, you can then re-launch. Have fun!
Old 08-06-2019, 10:58 PM   #7
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

Notifications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
I just tried it. Gooden spends the entire season with NYY and makes all his starts. "Real everything checked" means what, exactly? You didn't enable historical minors, did you?
Did you get any notifications about any transaction? It seems the only notifications I get is when a player becomes a free agent. I get blank notifications, no name nor reason why and players going on the IL for 255 days. I have not tried this with the latest patch. I do not use historical line ups.

John
Mt Fire Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:15 PM   #8
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

No. No notifications, unfortunately. Perhaps for OOTP21? Disregard the "255". Players will return from the DL on the proper date. I believe "255" keeps the game engine from using the default DL length.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:30 PM   #9
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

It worked well before OOTP 20, I have played historical with real transaction since OOTP 9, I always received notifications about retirements, Free agents, trades but not anymore.

John
Old 08-06-2019, 11:43 PM   #10
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

You're getting none of those? It could be a bug.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:06 AM   #11
DaBears
Major Leagues

I did not receive any notifications of Gooden being released, and have not received any to say someone was going on the IL. No idea if that is a bug as I had not played historical before with real transactions/lineups.

Interesting what you said on the 255 IL. I did not know that, so interesting point.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:37 AM   #12
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
No. No notifications, unfortunately. Perhaps for OOTP21? Disregard the "255". Players will return from the DL on the proper date. I believe "255" keeps the game engine from using the default DL length.
Maybe a note could be added when starting a historic game. Something like, "for best results use these settings". It might help for people starting a historic game for the first time not sure how to set the settings. Just a thought. I mean, for me, the first time I started a historic game, I wasn't sure how to set it up for best play, either. I still made some mistakes. I know what to do, now. Thanks.

Last edited by zappa1; 08-07-2019 at 07:39 AM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:58 AM   #13
DaBears
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Maybe a note could be added when starting a historic game. Something like, "for best results use these settings". It might help for people starting a historic game for the first time not sure how to set the settings. Just a thought. I mean, for me, the first time I started a historic game, I wasn't sure how to set it up for best play, either. I still made some mistakes. I know what to do, now. Thanks.
Would you be willing to put together a brief bullet list of the “what to do”? That might save a lot of us some time and frustration.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:41 AM   #14
zappa1
All Star Starter

The main thing is to not use any minor leagues at all. Of course injuries should be off, also. I just learned about the 255 day IL yesterday myself. I would reset all injuries when ever I saw this. Don't know if this messed up anything. I couldn't figure out why a guy would be out for the year when he played 140+ games and I'm only on game 23.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:36 PM   #15
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

I posted the lack of notifications a a bug report but it hasn’t seemed to have gotten very far. What happened is that they tried to do was add when players were in real life on the IL and that messed up the real transactions.

John