Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-07-2019, 04:19 PM   #21
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFBL View Post
Not too bad. I'm in the Bronze league at the moment.

Do they have a card for Josh Gibson?
If you've got a spare half million PP lying around, sure.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:20 PM   #22
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

haha!

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:22 PM   #23
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Anyone know how the 82 Cool Papa Bell performs? His speed is amazing, of course, but how is his on-base stats in Perfect Team?
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Negro League cards most of them I've seen, aren't often spectacular but often well-balanced which plays well even in the Perfect Leagues sometimes. (no blue ratings but at least green, plus the multiple positions)...Olerud is another one has a 69 card that can play D and hit .305 against the best.

I have 15 of the Negro League cards on my Barnstormers (can't afford the top 7). That team just got promoted to Perfect League after losing game 7 in the Diamond League semifinal. Fun card set!

Cool Papa Bell is my utility outfielder on that team. Never really been a standout compared to the others. Over-valued card in the AH IMHO, compared to to many of the Negro League cards in terms of what he's contributed to the team. Not bad, but not "all that" either.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:01 AM   #24
Fenixdown
Minors (Double A)

I have the silver Gwynn (78 rating) and he's won me two batting titles in four seasons, and never had a year where he's hit below .290. Plus he can get to a pretty good LF rating (higher than his natural RF position) and commits very few errors.

I've noticed that guys with high batting average seasons and not a ton else tend to get pooped on unless they hit, like, 50+ doubles or drove in 100+ runs. Like Wade Boggs gets higher ratings than Gwynn or Ichiro because he wasn't just a singles hitter. But it certainly doesn't mean guys like Gwynn aren't more than capable of solid production. They'll get on base, so if you have the guys to drive them in, you can win a lot of games with them in your lineup. ALso, they strike out very, very little, which is an added plus since high Stuff and low Control is the norm for pitchers, so he's rarely a free out.
Fenixdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:10 AM   #25
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

I just picked up gold Gwynn. Excited to see how he'll do this season...
Old 06-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #26
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Anyone know how the 82 Cool Papa Bell performs? His speed is amazing, of course, but how is his on-base stats in Perfect Team?
The guy I've been surprised by is Sliding Billy Hamilton. I expected him to stop hitting by Diamond level, but he's solidly entrenched and playing well in Perfect.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:48 AM   #27
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
I have 15 of the Negro League cards on my Barnstormers (can't afford the top 7). That team just got promoted to Perfect League after losing game 7 in the Diamond League semifinal. Fun card set!

Cool Papa Bell is my utility outfielder on that team. Never really been a standout compared to the others. Over-valued card in the AH IMHO, compared to to many of the Negro League cards in terms of what he's contributed to the team. Not bad, but not "all that" either.

Mind giving me the top 5 Negro League performers of your team?
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:16 AM   #28
Highlander
All Star Reserve

I've been a fan of Martin Dihigo in the Negro League Set. He basically plays every position and is pretty solid in all of them....really good in CF/RF. He's got solid hitting and speed as well. I just plug him in as a backup at any position I don't have someone else to back up and he's gotten about 200 AB doing that. He gets on base at a good clip so far....although I'm just into my first gold season so we'll see how it goes from here. I got a late start in Perfect Team this year so I don't have many seasons under my belt yet.
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:25 AM   #29
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Mind giving me the top 5 Negro League performers of your team?

Sure.

Martin Dihigo was league MVP last season, and regular all star. Hits well for AVG and is a super sub - can play any position except catcher (he's my CF).

Satchel Paige and Rube Foster have been rocks as starters, pretty consistently under 4 ERA.

Buck Leonard at 1B usually bats over .300 and over .900 OPS.

#5? Hard to say. Biz Mackey has been sneaky good at catcher. Mule Suttles has been solid. Many of the gold pitchers have been serviceable as starters or in the bullpen. The Barnstormers are either Negro League cards, Negro League/MLB, or pre1947 MLB cards, so I'm always scrambling a bit there.

The Barnstormers always seem to be close to leading the league in AVG and runs. Decent on defense - most of the Negro Leaguers can play multiple positions.

The Barnstormers are shocking me in Perfect League right now, leading the division in their first appearance. Hopefully that holds up. My Thieves were promoted to Perfect League last season, then quickly relegated. I still think my Bees are my best team but it took them forever to get promoted out of gold...
Old 06-12-2019, 05:52 PM   #30
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
Sure.

Martin Dihigo was league MVP last season, and regular all star. Hits well for AVG and is a super sub - can play any position except catcher (he's my CF).

Satchel Paige and Rube Foster have been rocks as starters, pretty consistently under 4 ERA.

Buck Leonard at 1B usually bats over .300 and over .900 OPS.

#5? Hard to say. Biz Mackey has been sneaky good at catcher. Mule Suttles has been solid. Many of the gold pitchers have been serviceable as starters or in the bullpen. The Barnstormers are either Negro League cards, Negro League/MLB, or pre1947 MLB cards, so I'm always scrambling a bit there.

The Barnstormers always seem to be close to leading the league in AVG and runs. Decent on defense - most of the Negro Leaguers can play multiple positions.

The Barnstormers are shocking me in Perfect League right now, leading the division in their first appearance. Hopefully that holds up. My Thieves were promoted to Perfect League last season, then quickly relegated. I still think my Bees are my best team but it took them forever to get promoted out of gold...
It's also worth noting that Biz Mackey is capable of playing every position. I use him as the 3rd option on the depth chart for every posirion except catcher (where he is 2nd). Gives you an extra pitching roster spot.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2019, 11:50 PM   #31
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldt1498 View Post
It's also worth noting that Biz Mackey is capable of playing every position. I use him as the 3rd option on the depth chart for every posirion except catcher (where he is 2nd). Gives you an extra pitching roster spot.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Definitely the cool thing about the Negro League card set - so many of the players can play multiple positions and some can pitch and field. Dihigo is definitely the super sub and I've even had him pitch...
Old 06-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #32
neugey
All Star Reserve

Guess who hit for the cycle yesterday?

BTW I have the silver 1994 Record Breaker Tony ... pulled from starter packs .
Attached Images

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:59 PM   #33
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

That card produces all the way to Diamond level. Suffers a bit in Perfect...but then I got relegated after 1 season so...
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:31 PM   #34
HFBL
Minors (Double A)

Gwynn is performing pretty good in the Bronze league. In 2032 he hit .316, in 2033 he hit .292 and in the current, 2034 season he's hitting .354 with a .403 on base percentage and an .850 OPS.

Field of Dreams Baseball League (FDBL)
Hall of Fame Baseball League (HFBL)
Century Baseball League (CBL)

My teams:

My wife's teams:

HFBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:35 PM   #35
HFBL
Minors (Double A)

oh, by the way, #66 Stan Hack performs well too. In 2032 he hit .312 with a .411 on base average, in 2033 he hit .307 with a .389 on base average, then in the current year he's hitting .277 with a .387 on base average. I have him hitting 2nd after Gwynn. 3rd I have #68 Ken Griffey (Sr.), hit .299 in 2032, .319 in 2033 and .306 in 2034 so far.

So, if you're in the Iron or Bronze leagues, don't shy away from these cards.

Field of Dreams Baseball League (FDBL)
Hall of Fame Baseball League (HFBL)
Century Baseball League (CBL)

My teams:

My wife's teams:

HFBL is offline   Reply With Quote