Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:03 AM   #21
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

The cap increases over time. We are at +/- 18 now for this week. We did this because the sample size of the real stats early on and potential big rating swings because of pitcher role changes that would have looked weird.

The cap will increase each week, and right now we are at a point where there are almost no players touching it anymore anyway.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 05-20-2019 at 02:06 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:31 AM   #22
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
The cap increases over time. We are at +/- 18 now for this week. We did this because the sample size of the real stats early on and potential big rating swings because of pitcher role changes that would have looked weird.

The cap will increase each week, and right now we are at a point where there are almost no players touching it anymore anyway.
Ouch...poor Jose Ramirez owners...

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:56 AM   #23
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Bellinger is +9 in the next update btw, so the +8 cap mystery is busted

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:54 AM   #24
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
Bellinger is +9 in the next update btw, so the +8 cap mystery is busted
It was +/- 8 in week #2, so a long time ago
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:59 AM   #25
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

What does willson contreras have to do to finally get to 90? lol

another casual .421/.478/.684 week and still no movement

really does feel like there is an arbitrary wall at +8 that is incredibly difficult to break through. bellinger needed 7 weeks opsing over 1.100 to pass it.

Last edited by dkgo; 05-20-2019 at 10:03 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:05 AM   #26
quickstep76
Minors (Single A)

My personal favorite is Shane Bieber posting a 21/0 K/BB ratio this past week and falling from a 79 to a 78. If only he would have gotten that 22nd strikeout...
quickstep76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:09 AM   #27
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstep76 View Post
My personal favorite is Shane Bieber posting a 21/0 K/BB ratio this past week and falling from a 79 to a 78. If only he would have gotten that 22nd strikeout...
He gave up 4 HR
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:23 PM   #28
SpacePope
Minors (Single A)

As someone who owns 3 LIVE Bellingers I'd like to officially NOT complain about his rating.

Only 4 other cards, and no other that started above 75, have seen as much improvement as Bellinger in their ratings (+9 shift). For what it's worth, Fangraphs ZIPs is projecting Bellinger will hit under .300 this season, with a wOBA not much higher than his career average. Plus, he plays 1B and RF and even though his defense has improved I believe we were already told defensive ratings wouldn't be touched.

I think Fangraphs is wrong and Bellinger's improvement is more substance than anomaly. He's not Ted Williams though and what he is will take time to tell.

Still, even if a shift of 18 was the theoretical cap last week, there appears to be some other part of the algorithm that have made shifts of +10 or move highly improbable for the time being. I'm not complaining about it, just putting that out there for any speculators.
SpacePope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:41 PM   #29
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacePope View Post
Still, even if a shift of 18 was the theoretical cap last week, there appears to be some other part of the algorithm that have made shifts of +10 or move highly improbable for the time being. I'm not complaining about it, just putting that out there for any speculators.
I believe it has already been stated that there is a proration of how much weight is given to the ZIPS rating and how much to current stats. So as current stats continue throughout the year, they will have more influence and ZIPS will have less, so yes, I don't see why we should expect rating shifts to be much higher than they are.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote