Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:27 AM   #21
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I’ll chime in later with the next idea. You can check it out on your own ahead if you like. Win10 Settings, Display. Look for screen with recommended resolution and select it, letting it make the adjustment. OOTP the only game or program where the weird stuff happens?
Old 04-17-2018, 10:27 AM   #22
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like you know how to enjoy a day. You do that, skunk. Cya later.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:46 AM   #23
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Yippee !!!

I took wisdom from your ideas to fix crashed game and went to regular windows settings. The PC offered help from a PC robot or something. I went through it's steps and instead of 1040/768 it pumped it up to just something in the 1300's.

Shazaam!! That was it. OOTP19 is no longer overlapping...it's just like it was before I messed with the 1600 settings.

I just played one inning of a Red Sox game set for yesterday. Smooth as silk and just as it used to be!!!!

Now all I have to do is find Mike Mongomery of the Cubs and I'm ready for the Cards/Cubs series of this year.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MR. ENDGAME !!! You taught me some cool setting work and I've printed out your help and the other fellas in this thread.

The old man learned a lot !! Have a super day !! You made the old man happy : )

PS: just read you last two posts. Was exactly what I did. It worked !!

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:49 AM   #24
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the update. So glad you’re back in business.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #25
ootp3to6
Hall Of Famer

I had a problem with “Facegen” not working properly.
I tried several things hoping that the problem with “Facegen” would be fixed, but no such luck.
So in desperation, I renamed the folder/directory where OOTP was installed (added “old” to folder/directory name) and then I reinstalled OOTP 19 and the problem with “Facegen” was fixed!

This might work for you.
ootp3to6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:06 AM   #26
ootp3to6
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Thanks for the update. So glad you’re back in business.
Endgame, you are the best!
Old 04-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #27
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Man...OOTP19 is simply fantastic !! What a great game with the Red Sox/Orioles.

The detailed script announcing and the little guys running around on the field and the crowd noise...just makes you sometimes feel like you are at the game.

Fun stuff. And I found Mike Montgomery to put on the Cubs. I'll eventually figure out how to get him. : )

OOTP19...what a great game of baseball !!!

Glad you got your problem fixed ootp3to6. But I prefer real life pics so I don't use facegens at all. I want my fav Nellie Fox and Luie Aparicio to look like they did in real life. : )

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.

Last edited by skunkle333; 04-17-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #28
ootp3to6
Hall Of Famer

Thrilled that you can enjoy OOTP 19 again!
Old 04-17-2018, 01:53 PM   #29
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

some good info for you:

first, remove any thought of how big or small the screen is in Inches.. .simply not relevant in any way outside of how easy it is to read... a sperate issue to help choose maximum resolution you are willing to use within the constraints of your hardware - namely vid card and tech specs of monitor.

desktop resolution -- this will be the max the game can operate at. it has nothign to do with inches of your screen... 100% to do with # of horizontal and vertical lines of resolution.

if you turned desktop reso lower, the game cannot work at the higher reso or you will get overscan or somethin else odd if it even displays at all.

1024*768 is the wrong aspect ratio for any monitor or tv made in the last 15 years most likely... that's 4:3 aspect ratio and you need a 16:9 ratio - 99.999% certain without knowing the facts. don't use 4:3 aspect ratio resolutions or things will look terribly misshappen and visually skewed.

so, how to fix:

display properties - check your desktop resolution.. this all depends on your screen's native resolution.. you cannot go go beyond that native resolution. check specs, google model #. don't use anything higher than what is supported.

your vid card's capabilities are what is listed wihtout concern for the monitor displayed in many cases. it may show 3840*2160 BUT if the monitor cannot handle that it won't work.

1600*900 (not 1024*768) or higher would be good...

1920*1080 even better. all widgets should display well at this reso - 1080p is a common reso and the game developers likely pay attentio to how things look at this resolution more so than at an old 4:3 ration like 1024*768 or 1280*1024 etc.

have a "4k" monitor?

3840 * 2160
if it's allowed by your monitor (can see it just doubled size of 1920*1080 - 2x the pixels in same square inches and that makes text smaller, but more of it can fit on screen - just like th widgets)

Win 10 has an appscaler.. this will prevent "more" from being seen on screen as you want... don't use it for ootp or really at all, lol... leave it at "100%" or "1" etc.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #30
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Thank you NoOne for that info.

I printed it out and put it with the printouts of help from others on this thread.

Since I was able to get the pc back to the resolution it had before and the OOTP19 game looks terrific again...I'm hesitant to try any other settings right now. Maybe later down the road. : )

Have a great day...