Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:37 PM   #1
mikersanderson
Bat Boy

Imbalance of Czech players

In the current build as of this post (74), it seems like the Czech national players are balanced to be created in the same number as American or Canadian players, when, based on ratios, they should be around the secondary numbers like the Finns or the Swedes.

Should point out this is in a sandbox fictional game, though I have seen Czechs over-represented in other game modes as well, i.e. as many Czechs as Americans or Canadians in a draft pool.
mikersanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:32 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

I'll have a look at it. The Czechs pose a bit of a problem for player generation, because in real life they generate a freakishly high number of elite players compared to the size of their population and hockey enrollment, so I have to find the balance between modeling that and not creating too many good ones.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:52 PM   #3
mikersanderson
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I'll have a look at it. The Czechs pose a bit of a problem for player generation, because in real life they generate a freakishly high number of elite players compared to the size of their population and hockey enrollment, so I have to find the balance between modeling that and not creating too many good ones.
Sorry for the bump, you guys did a great job in the league creation screen to fix the imbalance, and add more rarer nations, kudos to you guys for that. Excellent job.

Unfortunately, the players generated are still disproportionate to the Czechs over each year's draft class. Czechs are created at nearly the same amount as Canadians, and much more than Swedes, Finns and Russians.

I can understand why American players would be created in such abundance in that most of the teams are American based (I play in the 2016 NHL database setting - usually real teams with fake players), but this can have an effect in the PtG games too, year-to-year.

I also get the balance of talented Czechs to the overall number is really hard to narrow down, and I can very much appreciate the attention drawn to this issue.

Am willing to help further if needed.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:43 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

It turned out there was a bug with fictional mode that was causing only a limited number of nationalities to be used for player creation. It was fixed in the startup player generation in the last update, but apparently was still causing problems with new player generation; that'll be corrected in the next one.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:08 PM   #5
mikersanderson
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It turned out there was a bug with fictional mode that was causing only a limited number of nationalities to be used for player creation. It was fixed in the startup player generation in the last update, but apparently was still causing problems with new player generation; that'll be corrected in the next one.
That's excellent to hear, very much appreciate the attention to detail and the quick, detailed responses. Thanks a bunch