Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 04-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #161
txranger
Hall Of Famer

For the game to assign them automatically they have to be named correctly and in the following location prior to starting a new game:

C:\Users\your user name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 14\logos

Once a game has been created, you can manually assign each team by going to the team home page click on the Options & Ballpark, then on the Options page click on Edit Team Colors Logos and there you will select Load under the Team logo to manually assign a logo...

Or assuming the files are named correctly you can copy them to your saved game folder:

C:\Users\your user name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 14\saved_games\name of your saved game

Last edited by txranger; 04-17-2013 at 09:26 AM.
txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #162
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Continental American Baseball League

I'm looking for some logos and unis similar to the ones made by knuckler and txranger at the beginning of this thread. I've used some of the ones already made and need some for the following teams

San Diego Sea Lions
Phoenix Copper Kings (Black/Copper)
San Francisco Redwoods
Albuquerque Lobos
Calgary Rockies
Winnipeg Norsemen
Omaha Bison
San Antonio Defenders
Milwaukee Brewers (something different than what they already have)
Detroit Ducks (Green/White)
Atlanta Peaches
Philadelphia Independence (Red/White/Blue)
Havana Cubanos
Cincinnati Steamers (Red/White)
Portland Loggers
Honolulu Paradise (Yellow/Blue)
Vancouver Beavers
Denver Peaks
Edmonton Badgers
Houston Ranchers
Minneapolis Moosen
Dallas Vaqueros
Montreal Traders
Santo Domingo Giants (Black/White)
Pittsburgh Oilers
Napa Crushers (Burgundy/Green)
Appleton Foxes (something similar to the former minor league team)

Thank you to everyone who can help me out. I know it is a lot of teams, but have fun with it and I appreciate it greatly.
Wallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #163
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallguy View Post
I'm looking for some logos and unis similar to the ones made by knuckler and txranger at the beginning of this thread. I've used some of the ones already made and need some for the following teams

San Diego Sea Lions
Phoenix Copper Kings (Black/Copper)
San Francisco Redwoods
Albuquerque Lobos
Calgary Rockies
Winnipeg Norsemen
Omaha Bison
San Antonio Defenders
Milwaukee Brewers (something different than what they already have)
Detroit Ducks (Green/White)
Atlanta Peaches
Philadelphia Independence (Red/White/Blue)
Havana Cubanos
Cincinnati Steamers (Red/White)
Portland Loggers
Honolulu Paradise (Yellow/Blue)
Vancouver Beavers
Denver Peaks
Edmonton Badgers
Houston Ranchers
Minneapolis Moosen
Dallas Vaqueros
Montreal Traders
Santo Domingo Giants (Black/White)
Pittsburgh Oilers
Napa Crushers (Burgundy/Green)
Appleton Foxes (something similar to the former minor league team)

Thank you to everyone who can help me out. I know it is a lot of teams, but have fun with it and I appreciate it greatly.
FYI- I don't think Cephajames takes requests. You should start a separate thread for a faster response.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #164
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

I am currently revamping the major league teams (for starters) over in this thread.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #165
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

I have updated the major league teams and put them in a rar file; it can be found here. The link is also in the OP.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys

Last edited by cephasjames; 07-14-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:07 AM   #166
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

i am sorry, but where is the link for the quickstart?

cheers,

dcc
Old 07-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #167
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

The links for the "quickstart" - which really isn't a quickstart but everything that could make a quickstart possible - are in the first post in this thread.

Last edited by cephasjames; 07-21-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #168
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

Ok, got it...thanks. Loving this...hey I was wondering if you could a few more unis, logos, and caps for a few more teams? I will let you know the time span so you have an idea of look.

Cheers,

dcc
Old 11-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #169
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Did anyone go through and update the logos/uniforms to use the new OOTP automatic update convention? for the jerseys and caps its probably fairly easy (just append the years to the logo files), but the logos will take more work (but not insurmountable, I actually was able to do it and get everything set for this portion in less than an hour after I figured out how I could add some automation to create my batch file).

The bigger one for me here.....

Also with the updated major league uniforms... the ones completed later have the years added in.. but the first few do not, is there any guide to what years should be applied, I've tried comparing to Dressed to the Nines, but I'm not terribly happy with the way I've set it up.

Last edited by Scott Vibert; 12-01-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #170
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Vibert View Post
Did anyone go through and update the logos/uniforms to use the new OOTP automatic update convention? for the jerseys and caps its probably fairly easy (just append the years to the logo files), but the logos will take more work (but not insurmountable, I actually was able to do it and get everything set for this portion in less than an hour after I figured out how I could add some automation to create my batch file).

The bigger one for me here.....

Also with the updated major league uniforms... the ones completed later have the years added in.. but the first few do not, is there any guide to what years should be applied, I've tried comparing to Dressed to the Nines, but I'm not terribly happy with the way I've set it up.
Scott, thanks for bringing this to my attention!

I did start to update the naming convention but have been sidetracked. I will try and get them done at some point. Sorry if its been a frustration.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #171
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Not a big frustration, more a lack of trust in my own interpretation of your design!
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #172
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

I am not familiar with what is being discussed regarding the logo convention, could someone please explain this?
Old 12-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #173
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpcarmona View Post
I am not familiar with what is being discussed regarding the logo convention, could someone please explain this?
Think they mean the fact that you can select the unifom folder that CJ's uniforms are in and the game will automatically switch between a uniform that is for 1900-1903 to the 1904-1010 jersey. Not all of CJ's uniforms are labeled like that many are labeled 1,2,3 etc.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #174
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, if I remember right, I started the revamp of the majors before the new naming convention was announced and just haven't gone back to fix them fully.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #175
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Noticed that there's no away unis for alot of the Deadballs teams...
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #176
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

There are no away jerseys for any teams in the initial release. That's because I started this project before away jerseys were added to the game. When I redid the majors I made home and away.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #177
Snoblitz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

After finally realizing that there is pretty much no useful way to provide a quickstart for a league with this much depth and history, I kicked off the manual progression of the universe over the weekend.

After spending 15+ hours playing over the past two days, I just wanted to drop and say thank you for all the work you put in to this, Cepha. I can see that progressing this universe and building my own unique history of players and teams is going to be the best time I've had playing solo in the 14 years that I've played OOTP. Thank you so much for providing this framework! It's amazing.

Also, I thought you might like to see the current king of my universe. He won 10 straight pitcher of the year awards after non-stop domination. When he was setup to win his 10th straight, I thought it necessary to name the award after him, in honor of his achievement. I highly doubt that any player in history will be as dominating as he has been over his career. As I've said, I've been playing OOTP for 14 years now, and have never seen a pitcher quite as good in his era.

Snoblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:41 PM   #178
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoblitz View Post
After finally realizing that there is pretty much no useful way to provide a quickstart for a league with this much depth and history, I kicked off the manual progression of the universe over the weekend.

After spending 15+ hours playing over the past two days, I just wanted to drop and say thank you for all the work you put in to this, Cepha. I can see that progressing this universe and building my own unique history of players and teams is going to be the best time I've had playing solo in the 14 years that I've played OOTP. Thank you so much for providing this framework! It's amazing.

Also, I thought you might like to see the current king of my universe. He won 10 straight pitcher of the year awards after non-stop domination. When he was setup to win his 10th straight, I thought it necessary to name the award after him, in honor of his achievement. I highly doubt that any player in history will be as dominating as he has been over his career. As I've said, I've been playing OOTP for 14 years now, and have never seen a pitcher quite as good in his era.
Thanks for kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying it! I love how stories are written even with just stats and awards and how seeing someone perform so greatly that it leaves no other logical choice but to name an award after him. That's what I love about baseball and what I love about OOTP and how it can create such wonderfully rich worlds. Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: From personal experience, I suggest backing this world up a lot. Many times I have missed a detail here or there when manually progressing things that I have completely ruined my world and felt I needed to start over.

Last edited by cephasjames; 08-10-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:58 PM   #179
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

NEW!! So I just finished going through this and updating everything (the revamped majors and all) to work with the current naming system that OOTP uses. So now, every team will update automatically as the years progress. No more needing to manually change them. And they are all included in one download, which can be found here: American Baseball 1871-Present Complete

Last edited by cephasjames; 08-18-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:44 PM   #180
elmwood44
Minors (Triple A)

Since this thread as been revived I hope some new OOTP players find cephasjames' work and use it.

I can testify to how great mod this is....it has everything you need to pkay out the entire fictional history of baseball and it is SO well done.....I am playing a fictional-historical league right now but being able to use cephasjames' mod to follow how the MLB progressed historically without having to use real MLB teams is awesome!!!

Here's why, I play as GM only and I can be (and have been) fired. Well if I played with real-life teams I would be in trouble because I could never see myself cheering for let alone "working" for the Chicago Cubs BUT I can be ok with getting hired by the Chicago Athletes........there's no pre-conceived notions about a franchise that often times hurts my immersion.

Don't know if I am getting what I want to convey across very well.
Suffice it to say I LOVE this mod, use it is EVERY career I start and would not play OOTP without it.
elmwood44 is offline   Reply With Quote