Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

Something I've noticed for years

and am finally bringing up

I usually always do franchises with NL teams and set my lineups before each game before quick simming it to a late inning...

anyways, whenever setting my lineup in a NL park (no DH), if I insert someone in place of someone else, say my backup 3b for my starting 3b...their positions does not auto-sub and I have to select it from the dropdown menu...

BUT, in AL parks (with DH) if I put in my backup 3b for my starting 3b it automatically puts him at 3b. a random oddity of the game...anyone else notice this?
Baseballman2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Huh. I totally didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Weird.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

it doesnt know if you want to pull a double switch for NL teams.... I play AL team and it does it for me too especially if I pinch run or pinch hit.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
it doesnt know if you want to pull a double switch for NL teams.... I play AL team and it does it for me too especially if I pinch run or pinch hit.
Except he's talking about setting your lineups before the game starts - no double switch possibility there.

I suppose it must have something to do with the 9th spot being open, but it just seems like a pointless extra click.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

the way I took what he said was that he will sim the game till late portion of the game then begin to make substitution thats why I thought the doubleswitch and him being in the NL.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballman2K5 View Post
I usually always do franchises with NL teams and set my lineups before each game before quick simming it to a late inning...

And I can confirm that it happens. With the DH rule in effect, if I put a backup player into the lineup, he takes over the position of whoever he replaces. Without the DH rule, I have to select the position every time.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I select position too when pinchhitting for it always says PH or when Pinch running it says PR on the list. Then if you dont change it to the desired position then when the half inning is done a pop up will occure saying a position is not filled.
when I do that but when substituting due to injury it knows automatically the position.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
I select position too when pinchhitting for it always says PH or when Pinch running it says PR on the list. Then if you dont change it to the desired position then when the half inning is done a pop up will occure saying a position is not filled.
when I do that but when substituting due to injury it knows automatically the position.
That's because you're putting them in as a pinch runner or pinch hitter, and you might not necessarily keep them in the position you're replacing. For an injury, you're sending a player out to the field immediately. That one makes sense to me.

In fact, if the injured player is still on base, I believe his replacement is listed as a pinch runner.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #9
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

ya im talking about setting my lineups BEFORE the game has begun...must be due to the 9th spot being empty
Baseballman2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote