Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

My league insists on having a draft

I created a league and turned both drafts off. Made a backup. Ran a test season and everything was fine. Then I replaced the file with the backup and created managers for each team. The league now insists on having a draft. If I fire all human managers and give the AI control I can sim without having a draft.
What I want is to have the computer to control everything except for releasing and signing players.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #2
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
I created a league and turned both drafts off. Made a backup. Ran a test season and everything was fine. Then I replaced the file with the backup and created managers for each team. The league now insists on having a draft. If I fire all human managers and give the AI control I can sim without having a draft.
What I want is to have the computer to control everything except for releasing and signing players.
If you go to Manager Options and change everything to Manager (computer) but keep the Transactions one to your name, should do what you want if I read you correct.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Thats what I did. I only gave the human manager the ability to sign and release players. The ai ca demote and promote players. In any case I havent released players, both drafts are off. I dont have minor league teams so the game shouldnt be telling me I cant proceed cause the draft hadnt been ran yet.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

Could you include screenshots of your settings? I'm thinking the backup was done before you changed the draft settings but would really like to see the settings for the league
EKomrska15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I wilk try to do bit after work but I dont think that is it since its a league ive used to test several seasons already through copy and paste. I havent messed with tthat setup option since I created the league.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #6
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

It looks like its because i started the league in 1871. Then deleted the teams and all players before importing the historical teams. Even though the players were imported on the correct historical team the computer was still expecting a draft to take place is what i assume.
However it turned out to be a non issue as all i had to do was sim the draft. No player is drafted and the history doesnt show any players drafted.
So thats good news in that i dont have to worry about the computer putting players on teams.

Some player stats and you can compare them to real life. Sorry but if someone could help me remember how to post stats i could post more but these are the kind of stats im seeing for 1871. Remember there wasnt that many games played so a few extra base hits can make a bigger difference than in modern times. I havent bothered tweaking league strategys. This is just using transactions and schedules as close as possible to the real thing.

Al Spalding 28Gs 17W 9L IP225 K25 ERA 2.92

Cap Anson 25G 117AB 42R 48H 21rbi 1k 8sb .410