Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-21-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Players still dont go to actual teams after being unretired.

That kinda sucks if your using real rosters. If a player can be drafted to the real team why cant he be unretired to the correct team. Do players all retire at the end of the year? What about a player who retires mid season? If he keeps playing this might affect his stats but i doubt if it affects the leagues total stats. Still in 19th century league the closer you have players play to their actual totals the better. When they play about the same amount of games ive seen the stats be close to the real stats.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Well, when you "unretire" a guy, why can't you just edit his team assignment? As it is now, the unretire option is designed to throw a returnee into the free agent pool so that he has opportunities. If he were to merely return to his last team, other folks here would be complaining about that, having to go and release him rather than just accepting that his loyalty to his former team is 100%.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Well, when you "unretire" a guy, why can't you just edit his team assignment? As it is now, the unretire option is designed to throw a returnee into the free agent pool so that he has opportunities. If he were to merely return to his last team, other folks here would be complaining about that, having to go and release him rather than just accepting that his loyalty to his former team is 100%.
Thats just it. Im not saying he should return to the last team he played for but rather he should go to the team he played for in the current season. Might be because I cant use automatic transactions with the 19th century. Ive got separate databases of rookies for each league and players will draft to their real teams so I think automatic transactions for 19th century is possible.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I have never done the unretire. Dont they just goto free agency route in OOTP?

My thinking as if it was real life they retire which basically means they forfeit contract (breaking it) and money. However if things are done like with Barry Sanders of the Lions ( I know its football) but the team retained rights over him even though he retired. Dont know if baseball has same rules.

I am very much curious about this
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote