Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 01-18-2020, 06:45 PM   #281
BradS
Minors (Double A)

The long awaited ever-elusive consummate OOTP (type) football game, remains so. The football gods say "not so fast my friend". Long-suffering
Old 02-01-2020, 02:26 PM   #282
Nature Boy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

With the release of a new patch for FOF8 today I think we should give credit where it is due. Once again Jim goes above and beyond to support a game that is nearly 4 years old. Great to see the recent issues of unrealistic gameplay being tackled.

I think it shows not only his commitment to FOF, but also how well he has looked after the community.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:22 AM   #283
McLite
Minors (Single A)

Edit

Last edited by McLite; 09-18-2020 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:45 AM   #284
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Boy View Post
With the release of a new patch for FOF8 today I think we should give credit where it is due. Once again Jim goes above and beyond to support a game that is nearly 4 years old. Great to see the recent issues of unrealistic gameplay being tackled.

I think it shows not only his commitment to FOF, but also how well he has looked after the community.
So at least something is going on

Old 02-16-2020, 03:25 PM   #285
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

I hope we get some foreign leagues in this, OOTP has some pretty much otherwise irrelevant leagues that I love to play in, e.g. German leagues.

With the CFL reaching out to Japan and Mexico, exchanging players mutually, could be an interesting mechanic.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:21 PM   #286
BradS
Minors (Double A)

I'm ready to start my XFL franchise.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:52 AM   #287
jcwean
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Happy Announce-a-versary!
Old 02-21-2020, 03:37 AM   #288
Spiff
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwean View Post
Happy Announce-a-versary!
They said they would announce something big today but there's no indication that it's about the football game. I believe it's rather about the baseball game:
https://twitter.com/ootpbaseball/sta...66928530788352
Old 02-21-2020, 05:10 AM   #289
Krillo
Minors (Single A)

Well they dident post here that they are going to make an announcement. So it kind of rules some news about FOF out. One could always hope
Old 02-21-2020, 01:05 PM   #290
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
They said they would announce something big today but there's no indication that it's about the football game. I believe it's rather about the baseball game:
https://twitter.com/ootpbaseball/sta...66928530788352
They announced OOTP 21.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:59 PM   #291
OrbisEuler
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I remember when this thread first went up 2 years ago thinking the game would be out FALL 2018 hahahahahahahahaha.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:44 PM   #292
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbisEuler View Post
I remember when this thread first went up 2 years ago thinking the game would be out FALL 2018 hahahahahahahahaha.
Imagine your surprise when Feb 2021 comes around and were still waiting
Old 02-22-2020, 12:18 PM   #293
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Imagine your surprise when Feb 2021 comes around and were still waiting
Wow, some just never give up. If it is '21, or '22 for that matter, so what?

Last edited by nbryant; 02-22-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:20 AM   #294
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
Wow, some just never give up. If it is '21, or '22 for that matter, so what?

Well, of course, I'm buying it as soon as it comes out, but I wouldn't categorize it as a "so what" as if it doesn't make a difference.

I would PREFER it out soon. If it doesn't come out soon, I understand, but that doesn't mean we don't WANT it out now

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Old 02-28-2020, 07:16 PM   #295
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
Well, of course, I'm buying it as soon as it comes out, but I wouldn't categorize it as a "so what" as if it doesn't make a difference.

I would PREFER it out soon. If it doesn't come out soon, I understand, but that doesn't mean we don't WANT it out now
Totally agree, but we can only control our part and that is being patient allowing this to run its course. My heart believes that before this year is out I will have invested way too many hours in it. If not, I will be disappointed but will just reset and continue waiting.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:34 AM   #296
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
before this year is out I will have invested way too many hours in it.

That would be amazing

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Old 03-20-2020, 02:39 PM   #297
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Now that MLB OOTP 21 is out, is the football game even going to happen? Just curious.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:40 PM   #298
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegman0492 View Post
Now that MLB OOTP 21 is out, is the football game even going to happen? Just curious.
Yes, it's still happening.

When exactly? They still don't have an answer, but Jim is done w/ about 99% of the engine and 95% of the screens:

1-10-2020
Quote:
I think Markus and I have made the reasons very clear. The most important question is how much of the GUI work can I do myself and get the game itself in place (because the engine is about 99% done and about 95% of the screens are done - but the pieces that make them look good haven't begun yet).

We just didn't anticipate the direction the company would take. They have to follow this opportunity. They've worked so hard for it, and now it's within sight, but all hands are needed. I've even tried to pitch in, but they tell me not to.

I feel terrible that the game isn't out. It's not what any of us wanted. All I can promise is that once we're at a beta stage, the PR machine will start and you'll probably wish you heard less about the game.

Until then, though, this company is all about baseball and hockey and it's not my place to talk about the game in any detail. I respect that. It's a process, and it's one that's proven to work.
Old 04-13-2020, 02:23 PM   #299
Rob1st
Bat Boy

I’ve waited patiently over 2 years for this product. Talk about an epic fail. This would make an outstanding case study for any business admin/management course.

Almost no meaningful communication from the OOTP staff. All this BS about being 90%+ complete, then leaving everyone hanging with empty promises and excuses.

And why are they working on FOF patches? Why not devote the time and effort to completing this project?

We’re being fed a load of crap. Yes I’m frustrated with their microscopic commitment to this game. Just communicate, be forthright and honest with your comments and show a small amount of respect for your customers. It’s called a Customer Focus!
Old 04-13-2020, 02:29 PM   #300
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1st View Post
I’ve waited patiently over 2 years for this product. Talk about an epic fail. This would make an outstanding case study for any business admin/management course.

Almost no meaningful communication from the OOTP staff. All this BS about being 90%+ complete, then leaving everyone hanging with empty promises and excuses.

And why are they working on FOF patches? Why not devote the time and effort to completing this project?

We’re being fed a load of crap. Yes I’m frustrated with their microscopic commitment to this game. Just communicate, be forthright and honest with your comments and show a small amount of respect for your customers. It’s called a Customer Focus!
Jim provided an update two weeks ago. I've been as vocal a critic as anyone, but give credit where credit is due. He's really starting to try to show some love to community, especially when it seems like he's on an island right now.