Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-13-2015, 12:16 AM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Does OOTP15 Work Well With Small Rosters?

My next dynasty league will be just an 8-team league, so I can become totally immersed in it. My current and continuing IPA dynasty league has 64 teams to cover, which is entirely too much to do.

My league will be based on a semi-pro league... the team roster will be 16 players... 3 starters and two relievers... and 11 position players... with a 20-man reserve... no minors.

42 game schedule with only weekend play... single game on Saturday and a doubleheader on Sunday.

Talent level is college.

I have run a 23-year test league and noted that the Team History was really fouled up. It didn't post the right players until the last year (1970).
Any idea on what could have caused this?

There must be minimum numbers set for the categories in the Team History.
Not enough of the players qualified.
Still I wonder why the first five years were totally missing on the position chart and the pitching staff chart.
Was the staff too small?

I haven't played a league using OOTP15 yet... I still use OOTP12... never converted to versions 13 and 14 because the archives wouldn't convert correctly... it always left a 5-year gap in them.

Is OOTP15 that unreliable? Will it work well with a small 16-player roster and a short 42-game schedule?
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-13-2015 at 12:39 AM.
Eugene Church is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:59 AM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

No team batting, pitching or fielding stats for the History Team Stats 1948-1952.

Team batting finally show up partially in '53... no pitching ... no fielding stats for the individual players.

A few players' batting stats were listed in '58... and one pitcher's stats... no fielding.

Finally in '70 the report was complete... all batting, pitching and fielding stats for each players was there.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 01-13-2015, 01:06 AM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to start another test league as see if the same thing happens.

I'll let you know what happens.

Sorry for the poor posting of the Team History Stats.

Hope you can some idea of the problem.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:43 AM   #4
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

I know that DreamTeams runs his Metro Leagues with only 60-game schedules, and, as far as I know, he has no problems. But I don't know whether he is using OOTP's league history functions. And he uses full 25-man rosters.

I have no idea why you are seeing such strange behavior in your league history. Have you configured your game to delete retired players? Maybe that is why there are so many blanks in the league history.

Otherwise, it must be a problem with qualifiers or perhaps something being corrupted in your game. I've never seen anything like this in any version of the game, so I have no clues to offer.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:38 AM   #5
themonk
Minors (Triple A)

I'm presently running a 16-game season, 6-team fictional league with an 18-man roster. I ran a 30-year test league and everything seems fine in my league history.. Unfortunately, couldn't figure out, too, the strange behavior you've seen in your league.. Although my hunch is your game file may have been corrupted....
Old 01-13-2015, 05:41 AM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post
I know that DreamTeams runs his Metro Leagues with only 60-game schedules, and, as far as I know, he has no problems. But I don't know whether he is using OOTP's league history functions. And he uses full 25-man rosters.

I have no idea why you are seeing such strange behavior in your league history. Have you configured your game to delete retired players? Maybe that is why there are so many blanks in the league history.

Otherwise, it must be a problem with qualifiers or perhaps something being corrupted in your game. I've never seen anything like this in any version of the game, so I have no clues to offer.
Yes, I checked "delete retired players" when I created the league.
Should that box not be checked?

I going to create another test league and see if the same thing happens.

I think I will increase the pitchers to 6 and increase the roster to 17 players.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-13-2015 at 05:45 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:43 AM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonk View Post
I'm presently running a 16-game season, 6-team fictional league with an 18-man roster. I ran a 30-year test league and everything seems fine in my league history.. Unfortunately, couldn't figure out, too, the strange behavior you've seen in your league.. Although my hunch is your game file may have been corrupted....
Well, it's good to hear that you had no problems with a small league and a small roster.

I'll create another test league and see if this happens again.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:57 PM   #8
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Well, it's good to hear that you had no problems with a small league and a small roster.

I'll create another test league and see if this happens again.

Thanks for the help.
I have a league with 8 teams and 60 games and I haven';t run into any problems.

The file corruption might, unfortunately, be the cause.

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:20 PM   #9
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Yes, I checked "delete retired players" when I created the league.
Should that box not be checked?

I going to create another test league and see if the same thing happens.

I think I will increase the pitchers to 6 and increase the roster to 17 players.

Thanks for your help.
Eugene, try a test league without checking "delete retired players"....it certainly affected my league history when I started a fictional league several versions ago. With your small league set-up retired players won't take up much space.
Simmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #10
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Can somebody point out where the setting is to automatically "Delete Retired Players".

I've never heard of it. I know you can set the game to delete those who never reach the majors.

As for deleting players who retire, the only way I know of is to go into the retired players listing and manually delete them.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 01-13-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:08 PM   #11
munstermash
Minors (Triple A)

i use small rosters often and have not seen this issue either.

The smaller the better for me, i get to know the players quicker.
munstermash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:11 PM   #12
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

For your small league:

I once ran a 4 team league for 50 seasons, 21 man rosters, 48 game schedule.

Never had problems with players, history or any other area of the game.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:52 PM   #13
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Can somebody point out where the setting is to automatically "Delete Retired Players".

I've never heard of it. I know you can set the game to delete those who never reach the majors.

As for deleting players who retire, the only way I know of is to go into the retired players listing and manually delete them.

Yes, my mistake...in my league "deleting retired players who never reached the majors" made a mess of the minor league history rather than the major league.
Simmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:14 PM   #14
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo13 View Post
Eugene, try a test league without checking "delete retired players"....it certainly affected my league history when I started a fictional league several versions ago. With your small league set-up retired players won't take up much space.
You're the second person who said this could be the problem.

Very astute comment about space... an 8-team league will not have anywhere near the players a 64-team league does... I'm too slow to think of that.

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:16 PM   #15
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by munstermash View Post
i use small rosters often and have not seen this issue either.

The smaller the better for me, i get to know the players quicker.
Yes, that why my new Dynasty league, the State Line League, will only have 8 teams and a 42-game schedule.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:37 PM   #16
DJ3K
Minors (Single A)

Just wondering how you have it set to only play on weekends? I've tried setting up a NFL like schedule but it didn't work out
DJ3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:39 PM   #17
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post

Agreed. No problem here. Still, checked my history pages anyway and they're fine. Hope you get it cleared up.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:58 PM   #18
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ3K View Post
Just wondering how you have it set to only play on weekends? I've tried setting up a NFL like schedule but it didn't work out
I had to manually create the schedule in the schedule editor.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:01 PM   #19
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTeams View Post
Agreed. No problem here. Still, checked my history pages anyway and they're fine. Hope you get it cleared up.
I'm going to create another test league and not check "delete retired players that don't make it to the major leagues". Since I don't have minor leagues, this isn't necessary. My league is the only league, so I guess it's the majors.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #20
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

I am not sure what the problem is but I am sure it is not short schedules and small rosters. I have been playing 19th century ball for some time now. Never had a problem with 15 rosters and 30 to 60 games. History works fine for those.

The problem isn't related to roster size and games.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote