Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:04 PM   #1
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

New Scouting Changes - Big Differences

It’s more of a question but how does the new scouting system affect and implement into the game?

I can see the Scouting Accuracy stat. Does that mean I’m supposed to do more manual scouting? Or how should I approach utilizing the new scouting system properly?

I’ve read a little bit about it. But frankly just a little confused on how to use it efficiently. I’ve played the last few games so I’m familiar on how it worked before this year. Just curious on how the changes affect it. Thanks in advance for any feedback
thesmokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:27 PM   #2
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Keep your scout busy.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:11 AM   #3
davidtaylorjr1985
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokeshow View Post
It’s more of a question but how does the new scouting system affect and implement into the game?

I can see the Scouting Accuracy stat. Does that mean I’m supposed to do more manual scouting? Or how should I approach utilizing the new scouting system properly?

I’ve read a little bit about it. But frankly just a little confused on how to use it efficiently. I’ve played the last few games so I’m familiar on how it worked before this year. Just curious on how the changes affect it. Thanks in advance for any feedback
For me, I am scouting the draft pool and prospect pipelines heavily manually, then putting team needs and desires in the scout priorities. Don't know if that is the right/best way but that is what I am doing.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:16 AM   #4
cienpelusas
Minors (Single A)

Probably too much to ask for as everybody would be busy actually playing the game but if someone could write a somehow detailed breakdown of the biggest changes that'd be nice so we know what to expect (at least those of us getting the game this weekend).
cienpelusas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:00 PM   #5
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr1985 View Post
For me, I am scouting the draft pool and prospect pipelines heavily manually, then putting team needs and desires in the scout priorities. Don't know if that is the right/best way but that is what I am doing.

Sounds good to me.

I added the last scouted and scouting accuracy columns to the default view so it makes it easier for me to see who I need to scout more.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:05 PM   #6
LegalEagle80
Minors (Double A)

Yes, I have the same question. For example, there are hundreds of draft eligible players every year. Do I have to manually go to each one and set my scout to report to me? That seems crazy, plus I don't even think there's enough time to do that between opening day and the draft if he did nothing BUT scouting amateurs.
LegalEagle80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:15 PM   #7
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Related question, but I usually never manually set budgets when I'm playing as the GM, but with the extra emphasis on scouting I would like to be able to pour as much money into scouting as I want. Am I able to reallocate my funds in a way that will allow to have more money to spend on scouting, and less on the payroll? It might be a weird question because most would probably want to spend as much on payroll as possible, but I am going to start up with the Pirates whent he full games come out, and they don't spend much at all, and the way OOTP works, payrolls will usually always go up (I've seen Tampa end up as one of the top-5 payrolls in the sport) and I want part of the challenge of playing with the Pirates to be having to work around a small payroll. If the game is going to give me more money anyway, I would want to be able to pour it into scouting
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:36 PM   #8
koolkerns101
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle80 View Post
Yes, I have the same question. For example, there are hundreds of draft eligible players every year. Do I have to manually go to each one and set my scout to report to me? That seems crazy, plus I don't even think there's enough time to do that between opening day and the draft if he did nothing BUT scouting amateurs.
No, you don't. You'll find that your scout still scouts players without you manually sending him out. It's just not as frequent, so you might have an old report. However, if you want to narrow down players and get more recent and better reports, you likely will have to give him assignments. With the new "accuracy" component, all players are scouted with at least some level of accuracy as a baseline. But getting them to high/very high might require additional requests leading up to the draft. Hope that explains it some.
koolkerns101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:39 PM   #9
davidtaylorjr1985
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle80 View Post
No, pick and choose your manual assignments. The theory is that the more often a player is scouted the more accurate the report is.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:16 PM   #10
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr1985 View Post
No, pick and choose your manual assignments. The theory is that the more often a player is scouted the more accurate the report is.
Right.. and you have OSA for a general idea. I use my scout mainly for that top level report for a player I'm on the fence about offering a contract extension, stuff like that.