Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-16-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Has OOTP Changed Its Format for the Forums?

Since last night about 8 pm I have not been able to get on the OOTP Forums.

The Format has changed drastically... must of the navigational sections are very small... I cannot post screenshots or attach files.

Anybody else having trouble getting on the OOTP Forums?

Here is the message I get when I try to access OOTP 20 and OOTP19:

Error 502
Bad Gateway
CDN77 server is unable to reach website's origin server.

I can get on the Graphics Forum and from there access the other Forums... but the Format is totally different from the normal Format.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-16-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Eugene Church is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:20 PM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

About 50 people have read this thread so far.

Please let me know if OOTP is working normally for you.

It looks like I am the only one with the problem.

It looks like I have a malicious add on "CDN77".

I need to remove it from my computer... but it is not in my list of programs to uninstall on the control panel.

Looks like I will have to take it to the computer repair shop.

But please let me know if all is well with you and the OOTP Forums.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:30 PM   #3
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I had a bit of sluggishness last night with the forums but nothing like what you are reporting.
Hope you get it figured out soon.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:30 PM   #4
byzeil
All Star Starter

I also started having issues.

I would get a long delay while waiting on "1865987047.rsc.cdn77.org". From your post you may be having the same issue as I am.

I did some research and some things pointed this being related to some sort of "tech scam" but I don't know is in fact what this is.

I use Privacy Badger plugin for chrome and it reports it as some sort of tracker. So I blocked the above website in Privacy Badger and now the forums load quickly BUT I am missing any of the graphics that are part of the forums (navigation buttons and such). I can still use some of the functions but the graphics don't load and I can't attached files.

When I try to go to the website I quote above it says "Gateway timeout"

I figured this was some issue on my PC and spent quite awhile making sure my PC was clean and I didn't find anything on my PC.

So not sure what the issue is but for me it is related to '1865987047.rsc.cdn77.org"

Last edited by byzeil; 05-16-2019 at 01:37 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:40 PM   #5
byzeil
All Star Starter

Just one more thing...I also have the "Wayback Machine" plugin for my browser and when I try to go to 1865987047.rsc.cdn77.org it gives me the opportunity to load an old version of the website and when I do I get a page from OOTP Developments with the opportunity to buy different products and the banner is for the "Steam Winter Sale" of OOTP19.

So not sure whether this is virus related or not but seems to be an issue (at least for me) with this CDN77 webpage.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #6
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Zero forum issues or changes on my end.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:53 PM   #7
byzeil
All Star Starter

FYI, tried in FireFox and having the same issues with 1865987047.rsc.cdn77.org taking a long time to respond and eventually timing out and the graphics for the forums messed up.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #8
byzeil
All Star Starter

and more

If I try to got to https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/ , the main website for OOTP I have similar issues. No graphics and a very bare bones website.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:03 PM   #9
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Zero forum issues or changes on my end.
No problems for me either. I hope you guys get this figured out.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:05 PM   #10
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Agreed.

I should point out on my end that this is on two different machines with no issues/changes -- work laptop and personal Macbook Air. Google Chrome browsers on both.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #11
low
Hall Of Famer

It's been very slow for me for a couple of days now. I'm using Firefox.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #12
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

If you get the CDN77 on your screen... you need to remove it some way... I would not contact them, if I were you.

It is a malicious site... and apparently has infected my access to OOTP Forums... all except the Graphics Forum.

I will let you know if my computer repairman fixed it.
I will also tell you how he fixed it.

It may be a week... you know it will take a while to get them to look at it.

Thanks for the replies.

Apparently CDN77 has taken over my browser... they are trying real hard to get me to contact them, but I will not do that... I just go to another website on the internet and it connects fine... only the OOTP Forums are affected.

One fix I read was to remove it using task master, but it only shows Microsoft as functioning... no mention of CDN77.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-16-2019 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:24 PM   #13
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

No problems here, Win 7 IE 11

Don't have Firefox on this PC to test that.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #14
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I use Windows 10... and Microsoft Edge as the browser.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:44 PM   #15
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I use Firefox 66.0.5 and I also have Microsoft Edge. Same issues in both browsers: Slow response time, no icons, no image attachments possible.

So, it's not our browsers or computers, guys, it's their forum site.

Although, Eugene, I am not sure if this answers your original question because I am not seeing some of the things that you describe. I would wait for the general "all clear" on the forum issues and see if that fixes things for you.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:52 PM   #16
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
If you get the CDN77 on your screen... you need to remove it some way... I would not contact them, if I were you.

It is a malicious site... and apparently has infected my access to OOTP Forums... all except the Graphics Forum.

I will let you know if my computer repairman fixed it.
I will also tell you how he fixed it.

It may be a week... you know it will take a while to get them to look at it.

Thanks for the replies.

Apparently CDN77 has taken over my browser... they are trying real hard to get me to contact them, but I will not do that... I just go to another website on the internet and it connects fine... only the OOTP Forums are affected.

One fix I read was to remove it using task master, but it only shows Microsoft as functioning... no mention of CDN77.
There is nothing malicious about cdn77, they are simply the content delivery network that hosts the images on the site and forum. Amazon, among others, provides similar services. The problem sounds like an issue with either your internet provider - specifically a DNS issue where cdn77 is having trouble resolving and things hosted there are having trouble loading properly. I wouldn't be at all surprised if all of you having the issue all have the same internet service provider or are geographically located in the same general area.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:57 PM   #17
MightyVotto
Minors (Double A)

I'm definitely having the same issue. It's only with the OOTP website, though. I'm not experiencing it on any other sites.
MightyVotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:07 PM   #18
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
There is nothing malicious about cdn77, they are simply the content delivery network that hosts the images on the site and forum. Amazon, among others, provides similar services. The problem sounds like an issue with either your internet provider - specifically a DNS issue where cdn77 is having trouble resolving and things hosted there are having trouble loading properly. I wouldn't be at all surprised if all of you having the issue all have the same internet service provider or are geographically located in the same general area.
Agreed it isn't CDN77 though it could be something wrong on there end I guess. I'm going to try a second computer I have shortly.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:16 PM   #19
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I'm having the same issues and getting a message that website is offline. This started yesterday and only OOTP site is affected. I have a brand new machine running Win10 and using Firefox, but seeing the same with IE. If I use my bookmark I get here but find it messed up. Google gets me to the same mess.

When in IE I searched for this site and got the message about Gateway CDN77.

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 05-16-2019 at 03:21 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:20 PM   #20
byzeil
All Star Starter

two window 10 computers, 3 different browsers (Chrome, FirFox and Edge) all having the same issues.

Now it is possible both computers could have caught the same thing since I use a lot of the same stuff on both.

Forums seem to work fine on my phone so could be a windows 10 thing?