Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:27 AM   #61
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoiles View Post
I attached a .csv file with the same info. Thanks for quickly addressing the issue, as always.
I uploaded the file but if I change these ID's won't the players stats cease to exist? I am confused a bit. It is loaded but I have not pulled the trigger.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:34 AM   #62
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

My 1871 sim is almost complete. I'll be able to look for statistical oddities in a few hours.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:35 AM   #63
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan View Post
The following four players do not import correctly for my 2016 replay league, either in the game's automatically generated player pool or when the players' Lahman IDs are entered for a manual import.

(baumabu01) Buddy Baumann bauman001geo

(delosab01) Abel de los Santos deloss001abe and deloss002abe Two players with same name

(suterbr01) Brent Suter suter-000bre
(stewabr01) Brock Stewart stewar001bro

That seems to be it for pitchers but there may be other hitters missing as well.
Are you having Standard, QuickStart or Custom game troubles? This is Historical only and everyone is accounted for.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:56 AM   #64
ZMan
Minors (Double A)

The three missing hitters from the database's 2016 roster generation are:

Brian Goodwin (goodwbr01)
Spencer Kieboom (kiebosp01)
Brett Nicholas (nichobr01)
ZMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:00 AM   #65
ZMan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Are you having Standard, QuickStart or Custom game troubles? This is Historical only and everyone is accounted for.
Unless I missed a recent patch, I just wasn't getting the aforementioned four pitchers and three hitters to load up when creating a 2016 historical replay league using historical_database.odb.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:29 AM   #66
ZMan
Minors (Double A)

Also, for clarity purposes, those seven never show up in the MLB rosters generated for either a default 2016 historical league with all the default options or my slightly customized historical league.

The alternate IDs you quote above are their Minor League B-Ref IDs, right?

Last edited by ZMan; 03-27-2017 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:19 AM   #67
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan View Post
Also, for clarity purposes, those seven never show up in the MLB rosters generated for either a default 2016 historical league with all the default options or my slightly customized historical league.

The alternate IDs you quote above are their Minor League B-Ref IDs, right?
Yes. Only one or two had MLB Id's and those matched what you posted which you said do not work.

Last edited by Spritze; 03-27-2017 at 03:22 AM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:27 AM   #68
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Found these and 195 more 1871-2016.

I'll get them into the database tomorrow.

You won't see them until patch #2 at the earliest.

Last edited by Spritze; 03-27-2017 at 03:21 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:00 PM   #69
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

A few second basemen from 1871 have no rating at the position. The components are there, but you can't generate an overall rating no matter how much you edit the numbers. Check Bob Addy and Al Reach. There are probably others as well.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #70
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

They (Addy and Reach) are in the Fielding portion of the database.

They do have stats and such but only 22 and 26 games played at 2B.

Fielding Rating cowculation comes from the game not the database.

I will bug report this.

Last edited by Spritze; 03-27-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:50 PM   #71
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They (Addy and Reach) are in the Fielding portion of the database.

They do have stats and such but only 22 and 26 games played at 2B.

Fielding Rating cowculation comes from the game not the database.

I will bug report this.
Maybe this is the problem, since the season is only 30 games long, I'll just start in 1872.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:42 PM   #72
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I uploaded the file but if I change these ID's won't the players stats cease to exist? I am confused a bit. It is loaded but I have not pulled the trigger.
I'm not exactly sure, I'm trying to use my non-OOTP database experience to extrapolate. I think if the players in the spreadsheet have the last two columns lined up, it will solve the duplicated players issue. For example, in a 2005 historical league with minors, I get the following two CC Sabathias, which I think are duplicated because they have separate major league "historical ID"'s in the MLB and MiLB databases. (as well, the Indians Sabathia has no minor league stats, the Snappers Sabathia has no MLB stats). If they're given the same ID's (which are the last two columns of the spreadsheet I attached), they should be lined up so there's only one Sabathia. Hope this helps, feel free to ask any more questions. Thanks.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Hoiles; 03-27-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:06 PM   #73
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I think where I am lost are the last two columns. I can't tell which is the change from and which is the change To These are both MLB id's? Do I change anything in the MiLB master? It has a MLB bbref ID in it. The MLB master has a MiLB id in it as well.

Sorry but I am still lost. Just need a little more explanation. We have 2 ID's in each master and I still don't know what to do with each of them.

MLB Master MLB PlayerID MiLB bbrefID
MiLB Master MLB PlayerID MiLB bbref ID
Old 03-28-2017, 01:08 AM   #74
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I think where I am lost are the last two columns. I can't tell which is the change from and which is the change To These are both MLB id's? Do I change anything in the MiLB master? It has a MLB bbref ID in it. The MLB master has a MiLB id in it as well.

Sorry but I am still lost. Just need a little more explanation. We have 2 ID's in each master and I still don't know what to do with each of them.

MLB Master MLB PlayerID MiLB bbrefID
MiLB Master MLB PlayerID MiLB bbref ID
Column F (BBrefMLBid) of the spreadsheet is from column AG of the MilBMaster.csv file, Column G (playerID) from the spreadsheet is from column B the Master.csv file. I'm not exactly sure what the mechanism is for OOTP to match a player's major and minor league stats, but I think either one of the BBrefMLBid, or the lahmanid (col. AC) in the MilBMaster.csv file has to match the playedID in the master.csv file for one player to have both his major and minor league stats, and not be split into two players, one with just majors the other with just minors. As the master.csv file is more structured, I would change the appropriate column in the MilBMaster.csv file. I can't really try this myself as it seems the imports are based on the historical.odb file, which can't be changed.

Hope my intuition is right here and this works. I used to like messing around with the spreadsheets in the stats folder for a custom league, but can't seem to do that anymore with the last couple of versions. Thanks for reading this long message.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:25 AM   #75
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoiles View Post
Column F (BBrefMLBid) of the spreadsheet is from column AG of the MilBMaster.csv file, Column G (playerID) from the spreadsheet is from column B the Master.csv file. So change MiLB Master AG to MlbMaster B I'm not exactly sure what the mechanism is for OOTP to match a player's major and minor league stats, but I think either one of the BBrefMLBid, or the lahmanid (col. AC) in the MilBMaster.csv file has to match the playedID Yes in the master.csv file for one player to have both his major and minor league stats, and not be split into two players, one with just majors the other with just minors. As the master.csv file is more structured, I would change the appropriate column in the MilBMaster.csv file. I can't really try this myself as it seems the imports are based on the historical.odb file, which can't be changed.

Hope my intuition is right here and this works. I used to like messing around with the spreadsheets in the stats folder for a custom league, but can't seem to do that anymore with the last couple of versions. Thanks for reading this long message.
Thanks for the explain. I'll change this now.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:16 AM   #76
Echidna
Bat Boy

Started historical replay in 1871. Only 114 players import rather than the 115 debuts per Baseball Reference. The missing player is Steve Bellan (Troy Haymakers). He is listed in the Master.csv with a debut in 1871 but doesn't import for some reason that is beyond me to work out.
Echidna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:33 AM   #77
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

A few builds ago either 0 players imported in 1871 for the draft or several thousand fictional players did so OOTP is gaining on this. I'll take a look at Steve today.

He is Cuban. Do you have the Color Barrier on?

Last edited by Spritze; 03-28-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #78
Klaus 74
Minors (Single A)

The 1950 Pirates have two O'Connells with same first name, birth date, place of birth. Their heights are different, lol. One is in the farm system.
Klaus 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:04 PM   #79
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus 74 View Post
The 1950 Pirates have two O'Connells with same first name, birth date, place of birth. Their heights are different, lol. One is in the farm system.
fixed
Old 03-28-2017, 03:27 PM   #80
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

I believe this is where I need to report this: Orlando Arcia is listed in the database as Dominican instead of Venezuelan.
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote