Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 07-15-2020, 07:28 PM   #1
fedfan
Bat Boy

Can't trade players

I'm playing in Commissioner Mode. I click on Player Trade from the League Transactions page, and the next screen says:

You do not manage a team or your league does not allow trading!

No matter which settings I change (almost all of them AI-related), I get the same result. I'm not aware of any settings that ban trades. I am currently using these key settings:

League Settings: SET ALL COMPUTER TEAMS TO ALLOW AI ROSTER CHANGES
League Settings: SET ALL TEAMS TO CONTROLLED BY <manager name>
Team Settings: Prevent any AI roster changes (unchecked)

One other thing: I have Commissioner Mode checked in the Manager Settings, but that does not appear to have been implemented. How can I force this setting to engage?

Obviously, I'm missing something. Any ideas what that might be?
fedfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:31 PM   #2
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Name:  trad.PNG
Views: 845
Size:  307.2 KB
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfan View Post
I'm playing in Commissioner Mode. I click on Player Trade from the League Transactions page, and the next screen says:

You do not manage a team or your league does not allow trading!

No matter which settings I change (almost all of them AI-related), I get the same result. I'm not aware of any settings that ban trades. I am currently using these key settings:

League Settings: SET ALL COMPUTER TEAMS TO ALLOW AI ROSTER CHANGES
League Settings: SET ALL TEAMS TO CONTROLLED BY <manager name>
Team Settings: Prevent any AI roster changes (unchecked)

One other thing: I have Commissioner Mode checked in the Manager Settings, but that does not appear to have been implemented. How can I force this setting to engage?

Obviously, I'm missing something. Any ideas what that might be?
'Act as' the manager of one of the teams. It is available in the drop down menu under the commissioner's name.

Last edited by Questdog; 07-16-2020 at 10:10 AM.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:10 PM   #4
fedfan
Bat Boy

Thanks, Questdog. I tried what you suggested, and it did appear to work on the MLB level. My issue is this: I am trying to simulate the 1915 Federal League season. OOTP treats the FL as a minor league. If I attempt to initiate an MLB trade using the "act as" function, it works. But if I try it on my FL pages, Player Trade disappears from the subtabs under Rosters & Transactions--even though I have elevated the Federal League to Major League status.

I also have my manager set to manage all teams.

Hoping a Hall of Famer can provide further guidance, because I am stumped.

Rob
fedfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:23 PM   #5
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Thanks, Questdog. I tried what you suggested, and it did appear to work on the MLB level. My issue is this: I am trying to simulate the 1915 Federal League season. OOTP treats the FL as a minor league. If I attempt to initiate an MLB trade using the "act as" function, it works. But if I try it on my FL pages, Player Trade disappears from the subtabs under Rosters & Transactions--even though I have elevated the Federal League to Major League status.

Rob
If you look at polydamas post. Check to see if you have the ability to trade with other multiple leagues in your FL and MLB page.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:04 PM   #6
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
If you look at polydamas post. Check to see if you have the ability to trade with other multiple leagues in your FL and MLB page.
Not having that box checked would indeed prevent trades between the two leagues, but it would not make the Trade tab disappear.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:05 PM   #7
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Rob
Was this league created as a Historical League or a Fictional League?
Old 07-17-2020, 04:33 PM   #8
polydamas
All Star Reserve

OP messaged me, but I'll just add the possible solution I came up with here:

Edit: I should add the context that OP says he wants to be able to trade players so that he can simulate the 1915 Federal League season as accurately as possible.

Well, you don't actually need to be able to trade players, if all you want to do is have them change teams.

Go into commish mode and move them as the attached image shows.

You can edit their player history if it bothers you, but I don't know of any way to fix the stats.
Attached Images

Last edited by polydamas; 07-17-2020 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:44 PM   #9
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

I think I have the solution:

On the League Setup page of the Federal League, where you elevated it to Major League status, you need to make it "Not affiliated'. By default none of the teams are affiliated with any Major League teams, but the MLB is listed as the parent league of the Federal League. Change this and trading should work the same as it does in the MLB.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:42 PM   #10
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
I think I have the solution:

On the League Setup page of the Federal League, where you elevated it to Major League status, you need to make it &quot;Not affiliated'. By default none of the teams are affiliated with any Major League teams, but the MLB is listed as the parent league of the Federal League. Change this and trading should work the same as it does in the MLB.
I was wondering if that might have been the problem, but I thought the Federal League was independent. This should be the solution unless he doesn't want to unassociate them.
Old 10-01-2021, 04:08 PM   #11
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Can I sue someone for using my name in a click fishing post?