Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 04-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

BIG Baseball league - fictional, scouting, democratic

We're looking for 1 more GM for the Texas Rangers, previous owner just couldn't keep up with time commitments. Check out the league page or our message board.

A few things about us:

• We're a democratic league: Most league decisions are made by vote of the GMs.
  • We are a fictional league. We started in 1980 and have 1980 financial and statistical trends on. That means top salaries are not much beyond a million dollars, and 30 home runs is considered a lot.
  • Scouting is on, but set to highly accurate.
  • We run 7 days of game time 4 times per week, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
  • We use OOTP:OU - it's a great set of online utilities for OOTP that lets us run drafts, track exports, and much more!
  • We're using OotP 12 right now, but may consider a move to 13 at some point in the not so distant future.

https://www.big-baseball.org/
Zarberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
stevem810
All Star Starter

I joined the BBL last year and assumed control of the Toronto Blue Jays midway through the inaugural season. We have 6 teams in each division but will be expanding down the line.

Daniel, our commish, is very good with his communication skills and always includes us in the process. He'll put it out there on the boards and then we have the opportunity to discuss before a final decision is reached.

Sims are very timely according to the schedule. Daniel includes an email after every sim that gives us a brief summary. When the occasional glitch happens the commish is right on it. He cares about the league.

Daniel, as well as a few of the other GM's, are very helpful for those that are still learning the game. So, we're hoping to find some active GM's who enjoy participating on a regular basis.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

Looking for 2 new GMs!

BIG is moving into its 2nd offseason right now, and I'm waiting to hear back from a lax GM or two. If all goes well and the GMs are staying put, BIG will expand, so I'd love to see some new faces!

Check out the first post in this thread to find out about us, and feel free to hop on our message board and chat just to find out more about us.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
DrTruth
Bat Boy

Hello Daniel!
We may never communicate or may not even cross paths again, but I wanted to take a moment and say thanks! Having the GM's involved in the changes and processes of any league is paramount to health of the league. You understand that concept and you have no idea how much I and many others appreciate that my friend. After all, the league is nothing without the participation of the GM's and none of us love to have a dictator solely barking orders in our direction.

Thank you again for your foresight and consideration of others my friend! Best of luck to your league and have a great life!
DrTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #5
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTruth View Post
Hello Daniel!
We may never communicate or may not even cross paths again, but I wanted to take a moment and say thanks! Having the GM's involved in the changes and processes of any league is paramount to health of the league. You understand that concept and you have no idea how much I and many others appreciate that my friend. After all, the league is nothing without the participation of the GM's and none of us love to have a dictator solely barking orders in our direction.

Thank you again for your foresight and consideration of others my friend! Best of luck to your league and have a great life!
I'm kind of stunned, thank you for this!

Old 05-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

I've heard back from one of my two lax GMs, and he simply doesn't have the time to commit. That means I'm looking for at least 1 GM for a team, possibly two - also expansion is an option, since I've also had at least one person express interest.

Hit me up at danielwheeler (at) gmail.com or check out our league:

League Page: http://danielwheeler.org
Messageboard: BIG Baseball League - Home

Old 05-31-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
Isryion
Major Leagues

Great league. Looking forward to 1982! Hope to see you there!

Last edited by Isryion; 05-31-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Isryion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

Texas Rangers
Miami Marlins

Both available. C'mon. Do it. The draft alone is tons of fun.

Hit me up - danielwheeler (at) gmail.com

Old 06-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #9
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

Still have those open teams, if you haven't made the jump to 13 yet, we're still on 12 (although we'll be going to 13 after this season)

Old 06-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
justgettinginfo2
Minors (Double A)

Rangers do interest me... but im not sold on the jump to 13 yet.. i may or may not buy 13 before next season.. that being said if you want to contact me feel free.. but wanted to mention that before i went further..
justgettinginfo2 is offline   Reply With Quote