Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #41
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
On the upside (such as it is), inflation and interest rates are well below the April 1983 values.
And gas prices are lower than they have been in how long? Just a few months ago everyone was in a panic about the record high prices.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #42
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post

I've never understood why threads such as 'Preordered!' or 'Will Not Buy It' are started at all, and I likewise don't understand why they don't die quickly. Who cares whether you pre-ordered, or will pre-order, or won't pre-order? That's all about you and has nothing to do with me. In the same vein, who cares what later posters feel about you pre-ordering or not pre-ordering? It seems a lot like masturbation to me.
I couldn't agree more!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #43
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis

I've never understood why threads such as 'Preordered!' or 'Will Not Buy It' are started at all, and I likewise don't understand why they don't die quickly. Who cares whether you pre-ordered, or will pre-order, or won't pre-order? That's all about you and has nothing to do with me. In the same vein, who cares what later posters feel about you pre-ordering or not pre-ordering? It seems a lot like masturbation to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StyxNCa View Post
I couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel
I can see how threads such as "Preordered!" are constructive. They build morale, cameraderie, and anticipation for the game which 95% of us have loved for years. They're affirming.

Threads such as "Will Not Buy It" or "Convince Me" are the equivalent of sitting down in the middle of the playground and pouting, trying to break up the game that all the other kids are enjoying. The original posters think that the forum and community revolves around them. Pure ego trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StyxNCa View Post
Don't go into those threads if you don't like them. Simple.
Huh?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 04-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #44
CarolinaSoxfan
Minors (Triple A)

I have OOTP8 and thinking about buying OOTP9 because I dont feel like waiting for 10 and dont see a whole lot of different features between 9 and 10...my question is this...how much better is 9 than 8?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #45
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Huh?
I guess your point is why do I go into them if I don't like them. After a hard day at work there is nothing more relaxing then reading a bunch of inane droll and even adding to it. It's much the same reason I read comics, entertainment that doesn't require having to think and is good for a laugh now and then.

It doesn't mean I would miss those threads if they never existed though.

Last edited by StyxNCa; 04-03-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #46
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Great job, The Wolf!
LOL. Sorry, don't care what you think.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #47
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
LOL. Sorry, don't care what you think.

I thought your life was dedicated to making people think well of you!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #48
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvitak View Post
Good Lord!

Is this you MD? Don't you remember 5-6 years ago, just ripping the hell out of everything, and everyone?
That's what makes him MD. He seems to be an imposter though of late. I miss the old MD.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #49
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley575 View Post
To me, it just sounds like he's trying to bait someone on the beta to post details about the game, or, at the very least to get Steve or Markus to jump in with some details.

They aren't going to say anything until they're ready.
Erm... No. Not sure why you get that. I posted exactly what I meant in the first place.

It's just there's a fair few things competing for my dollar right now, and I've not been keeping up on the boards so I figured I'd ask in case I'd missed some cool stuff.

As for the snarky replies... Stick it you useless sods. People saying about this board in the past are right. Been a member here under various names since before OOTP4, with a few breaks. (Hence the new names. ISP changes meant I lost email address. All hail Gmail!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermanfu View Post
Interesting this. I go to Gamestop and find the game I want sold out. I spent an hour and a half to be seated at a Restaurant.....on a Tuesday night. A buddy of mine works for a local employment agency. He tells me that employers are calling just as frequently for hires as they were 3 years ago.
What's killing me here is food prices. Bread had doubled in price in the last 12 months for example. My food budget for my family has pretty much doubled across the board. And of course incoming has stayed the same. Well actually, if you take into account my rent increase, my money to live on has actually DROPPED. So entertainment dollars are a much more precious commodity, hence this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
And now we have some short bearded person who's saying "Convince me"? This person's so narcisistic that he's (or she's) asking me to masturbate for them! I'm sorry, but I just don't know you that well.
I'm 6'8" and clean shaven. And I'm quite capable of masturbating myself thanks. Or better still getting my wife to do it, and she's very good at it.

The attitude of a lot of people in here has convinced me not too support the game. Ever again actually. You're largely a bunch of rude, spiteful, miserable, arrogant, pompous blowhards. You trade on the Internet's most prevalent currency, snark, and think yourselves so much better than everyone else and rather than advocating for the game you purport to love, you make people disgusted with the sort of people who play it. Kudos.

I posted this to get some genuine opinion and discussion. Should have known it'd be ruined by the many retards on this board.

Markus has made probably $500 or so off me over the years. He can thank you for losing any further custom of mine.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #50
Jermanfu
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel View Post
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics has a message for your buddy: the current unemployment rate is the highest it's been since April 1983.
well, I'm sorry the rest of the country is hurting, we're having a labor crunch in Baton Rouge though, if anyone is interested in moving. That's the reality I see.

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Jermanfu/

Old 04-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #51
treedom
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonedwarf View Post
Erm... No. Not sure why you get that. I posted exactly what I meant in the first place.

It's just there's a fair few things competing for my dollar right now, and I've not been keeping up on the boards so I figured I'd ask in case I'd missed some cool stuff.

As for the snarky replies... Stick it you useless sods. People saying about this board in the past are right. Been a member here under various names since before OOTP4, with a few breaks. (Hence the new names. ISP changes meant I lost email address. All hail Gmail!)

What's killing me here is food prices. Bread had doubled in price in the last 12 months for example. My food budget for my family has pretty much doubled across the board. And of course incoming has stayed the same. Well actually, if you take into account my rent increase, my money to live on has actually DROPPED. So entertainment dollars are a much more precious commodity, hence this thread.

I'm 6'8" and clean shaven. And I'm quite capable of masturbating myself thanks. Or better still getting my wife to do it, and she's very good at it.

The attitude of a lot of people in here has convinced me not too support the game. Ever again actually. You're largely a bunch of rude, spiteful, miserable, arrogant, pompous blowhards. You trade on the Internet's most prevalent currency, snark, and think yourselves so much better than everyone else and rather than advocating for the game you purport to love, you make people disgusted with the sort of people who play it. Kudos.

I posted this to get some genuine opinion and discussion. Should have known it'd be ruined by the many retards on this board.

Markus has made probably $500 or so off me over the years. He can thank you for losing any further custom of mine.
Uhhh, I guess we failed to convince him...
Old 04-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #52
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
well, I'm sorry the rest of the country is hurting, we're having a labor crunch in Baton Rouge though, if anyone is interested in moving. That's the reality I see.
I go through Baton Rouge so often it's almost my 2nd home.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:44 AM   #53
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSoxfan View Post
I have OOTP8 and thinking about buying OOTP9 because I dont feel like waiting for 10 and dont see a whole lot of different features between 9 and 10...my question is this...how much better is 9 than 8?
Quite a bit. Version 9 was seriously the best OotPB to date (keeping in mind that I never played 6.51 and before). At this point I would still wait for 10, but if money's burning a hole in your pocket, 9 is definitely worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedom View Post
Uhhh, I guess we failed to convince him...
That alone was worth coming back for.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #54
fantom1979
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Baton Rouge is at 5.1% unemployment, which is about 1.7% higher then it was a year ago, but still 3.4% lower than the national average, and about 7% lower than the unemployment in my state.

This is another thread that probably should have been locked 20 posts ago.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #55
Jermanfu
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
Baton Rouge is at 5.1% unemployment, which is about 1.7% higher then it was a year ago, but still 3.4% lower than the national average, and about 7% lower than the unemployment in my state.

This is another thread that probably should have been locked 20 posts ago.
Thanks for the numbers Fantom. I guess that would explain why we haven't really felt the depression here in our area. Anyway, sorry for the hijak. I didn't intend that.

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Jermanfu/

Old 04-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #56
kcroyalgm
All Star Reserve

Quote:

There ARE lots of very helpful people on the forum. That said, there are lots of people wallowing in negativity apparently to fulfill some inner need. But to not buy a game solely because the game's forum has people you dislike seems counterproductive. Gosh, if I boycotted everything and everywhere that had annoying people lurking about, then I would be pretty much relegated to staying home and staying off the internet. Pretty boring existence.

And, yes, this thread should be locked down and fumigated.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #57
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You're largely a bunch of rude, spiteful, miserable, arrogant, pompous blowhards.
Look in a mirror sometime.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #58
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroyalgm View Post
Gosh, if I boycotted everything and everywhere that had annoying people lurking about, then I would be pretty much relegated to staying home and staying off the internet. Pretty boring existence.
Yes. You wouldn't be able to work, or shop, or eat out, or even go to parties. Let alone hang out on the Internet, which is often Hostility Central.

But people who want others to convince them of things that they should figure out for themselves also think that they are specially privileged and that the world should rearrange itself to suit them. It doesn't and it won't. Then they get upset and take their ball and go home. Or hold their breath.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #59
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Forums are a place to ask questions. The original poster wanted to know what this game had to offer that ootp8 didn't. There is nothing wrong with that. He got his answer, along with alot of unnecessary comments...so perhaps this thread has run its course?

Most people aren't jerks. Some people act out on the internet and say things and act in certain ways they would never do in real life. The Hall of Famer "The Wolf" is a prime example of such person. We just have to ignore them.

Last edited by dave1927p; 04-04-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #60
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

The OP has no right to ask us to convince him of anything. It's his job to do his own work, figure it out for himself, not ask us to kiss his ring. And people like dave1927p just enable that kind of bad behavior.

Last edited by The Wolf; 04-04-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Closed Thread