Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-08-2015, 08:50 PM   #1
potsey7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Two Questions for the Experts

Bout to preorder 16...OOTP is the greatest game ever. Two questions..

1. Since the release date is March 20, I'd love to play some Spring Training. Will the start date be the first game of the season? Is there anyway to back track the date so that I can do a Spring Training?

2. I've been playing for years but always the ML Quickstart. This past year was the first time I played around with Historical and Custom Leagues. I did an ML Quickstart in 15 that had an expansion and I'm wondering is there any way I can take my existing expansion TEAM in 15 and transfer it to the ML Quickstart in 16? Like just simply replace one of the teams, say the Indians with MY expansion team. I know I probably cant because there would initially be duplicate players (although maybe with different ID's since it would be different versions technically?) but was just wondering!

Thanks again Marcus and everyone that make this great game. You give everyone ours of enjoyment that goes beyond what I know you make in profit on the game. Thank you!
potsey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #2
butsam
Minors (Single A)

I'm still somewhat new (started OOTP with v15), so take with a grain of salt, but I have heard that OOTP 16 will let you import your OOTP 15 league. So, regarding your 2nd question, my recommendation would be to create a league in OOTP 15 that has your team in it, then import that league into OOTP 16; that way, your team will now be in OOTP 16.

Regarding #1, I don't believe they usually do Spring Training for the first season...but I know you can do historical early starts. I don't know if you can go to different points within the season, though...

Last edited by butsam; 03-08-2015 at 08:54 PM.
butsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:21 PM   #3
hfield007
All Star Starter

As with every version you can just transfer your league from into 16 and continue it so you don't lose your work.

As for transferring your team only, as far as i know there isn't a simple way tio do that.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:13 AM   #4
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsey7 View Post
1. Since the release date is March 20, I'd love to play some Spring Training. Will the start date be the first game of the season? Is there anyway to back track the date so that I can do a Spring Training?
If OOTP follows form, the start date will be opening day, and OOTP doesn't have a mechanism for going back in time in the way you're hoping.

Quote:
2. I've been playing for years but always the ML Quickstart. This past year was the first time I played around with Historical and Custom Leagues. I did an ML Quickstart in 15 that had an expansion and I'm wondering is there any way I can take my existing expansion TEAM in 15 and transfer it to the ML Quickstart in 16? Like just simply replace one of the teams, say the Indians with MY expansion team. I know I probably cant because there would initially be duplicate players (although maybe with different ID's since it would be different versions technically?) but was just wondering!
As others have said, OOTP has always allowed you to import saved game from the previous version, so there's no need to try and import your team into another league - just continue the league you already have.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:02 PM   #5
potsey7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey guys thanks for the responses. I didn't think there was a way to go back to do spring training. In regards to the transferring a team from 15 to 16...I don't want to transfer a whole league. I would like to transfer my ONE team I've been managing to a new ML Quickstart that comes with 16 (replacing an existing team in the quickstart). Was just wondering if this was possible.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:52 PM   #6
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Hey guys thanks for the responses. I didn't think there was a way to go back to do spring training. In regards to the transferring a team from 15 to 16...I don't want to transfer a whole league. I would like to transfer my ONE team I've been managing to a new ML Quickstart that comes with 16 (replacing an existing team in the quickstart). Was just wondering if this was possible.
Yes, you can get the QS to go back in time to Jan. 1 of any year. Takes about 5 min. to do.
Yes, you can get your team into the QS. It's not hard at all.
16's start date is Mar. 21
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #7
millhousebc
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
. In regards to the transferring a team from 15 to 16...I don't want to transfer a whole league. I would like to transfer my ONE team I've been managing to a new ML Quickstart that comes with 16 (replacing an existing team in the quickstart). Was just wondering if this was possible.

One way is to import your whole league into 16, mass delete everything you do not want to keep (leagues,teams, FA, coaches) the save your 1 team as a template. Import that template into your new 16 league and edit the league structure to move your team into the division you want. That is how I am importing teams into OOTP.
millhousebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #8
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Yes, you can get the QS to go back in time to Jan. 1 of any year.

Wait ... are this year's transactions in the database?

Can I go back to January and sign Yoan Moncada away from the Red Sox? Redo the December 2014 Rule 5 draft?

You may have just changed my life.
frangipard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipard View Post

Wait ... are this year's transactions in the database?

Can I go back to January and sign Yoan Moncada away from the Red Sox? Redo the December 2014 Rule 5 draft?

You may have just changed my life.
No sorry, that's not what he's saying. He's just saying you can pretty easily change the start date. You won't erase the transaction that occured after that point by doing so though.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #10
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
No sorry, that's not what he's saying. He's just saying you can pretty easily change the start date. You won't erase the transaction that occured after that point by doing so though.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:17 PM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Sorry
Old 03-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #12
potsey7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Haha! Lukasberger ruining the day. But how do I change the start date on a ML Quickstart. I looked back on 15 and did a new ML Quickstart and it always starts on the 21st of March and I cannot figure out how you would change it to say Feb 5 and then be able to play a full spring training.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:37 PM   #13
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Sorry
Honestly, though, that might be a feature for OOTP17. Have one quickstart for opening day, but another that begins after the previous year's WS ends, and you can redo the just-ended hot stove season.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:38 PM   #14
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Honestly, though, that might be a feature for OOTP17. Have one quickstart for opening day, but another that begins after the previous year's WS ends, and you can redo the just-ended hot stove season.
It might be doable. We'll see.

No promises though
Old 03-09-2015, 04:42 PM   #15
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Haha! Lukasberger ruining the day. But how do I change the start date on a ML Quickstart. I looked back on 15 and did a new ML Quickstart and it always starts on the 21st of March and I cannot figure out how you would change it to say Feb 5 and then be able to play a full spring training.
What you'd have to do is to save the QS as a template. Then create a new fictional game with just 2 teams. start it and delete all the players from rosters and free agent list. Now add the QS template. Delete those 2 fake teams and Voila. Your season now starts Jan. 1. Can't do Feb start unless you have a template for it.
There's not much you can't do in ootp.

Optional:
After you've deleted the players from the fake fictional league, I'd run a purge database before I add the QS template.
To purge the database, goto the Game>Game Settings and click Database tab and from the Database Tools dropdown, select purge deleted records from database.
This insures you don't get any leftover stuff from your fake lg. mysteriously reappearing when you add your QS template.
This is totally optional, but I always do it.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote