Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-07-2019, 12:44 AM   #201
Laxfan26
Minors (Double A)

This Was porbably already asked but in historical games is there a way to change the minimum draft age back to 18 or no.
Laxfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:45 AM   #202
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imMapex View Post
Two questions regarding CHL mechanics:

1. At the start of my QMJHL season, I was given pick one in the CHL Import Draft. Come draft day, I was not given a pick at all in rounds one or two. I had two foreigner players already assigned to my roster. Was this why my picks were forfeited?

2. What is the ideal location for scouts targeting the New England Highschool league? Do I need the QMJHL Entry Draft restriction on for scouting or is the American draft separate?
There was a bug with the Import Draft that was just fixed in Monday's update, if you have that installed the draft should work properly the next time around. Normally you'll always have two picks (which isn't exactly the way it works in real life, but it's a little difficult to implement the CHL's import rules exactly with the way the game's player rights work.

Setting the QMJHL draft eligibility checkbox will cover those guys, but if you want to specifically focus on them, I would use two scouts, one assigned to League-High School, Team-New England High School and one to League-Midget, Team-New England Midget (or one guy on non-permanent assignment, switching between them).
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:46 AM   #203
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxfan26 View Post
This Was porbably already asked but in historical games is there a way to change the minimum draft age back to 18 or no.
Not at the moment, the draft data is separate from the editable part of the league rules. Looking at ways of allowing it to be edited now, but editable expansion drafts will probably come first.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:44 AM   #204
Chicken Swede
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
For the NHL, it's players age 23 and under with less than 41 games (i.e. half a season) played in the league. It'll drop guys off the list once they hit 41. For leagues with age limits, it uses a lower age qualifier.

Re: the edit, the #2 prospect is probably a defenceman or goalie, the forwards are listed first.
Thank you Jeff. Might add that I appreciate the time you and Adam take to answer questions in the forum. It's not something that you see very often with the bigger companies.
Chicken Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:23 PM   #205
Chicken Swede
Bat Boy

Changing citizenship

Might as well keep asking. In my second season both William Nylander and Pekka Rinne changed citizenships and were selected to play for Canada and USA in the World Cup.

Seems a bit odd and unlikely to me. A lesser Canadian player who switches to Italy is believable or even a lesser Swedish player going somewhere else, but star players like Nylander and Rinne doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited by Chicken Swede; 11-07-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:50 PM   #206
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Swede View Post
Might as well keep asking. In my second season both William Nylander and Pekka Rinne changed citizenships and were selected to play for Canada and USA in the World Cup.

Seems a bit odd and unlikely to me. A lesser Canadian player who switches to Italy is believable or even a lesser Swedish player going somewhere else, but star players like Nylander and Rinne doesn't make any sense to me.
The lack of international history is making it a little too easy for some players to switch primary nationality at the start of the game. I think we're going to have to delay that type of change until a year or two into the game, so they've actually had a chance to play for their primary country (at least until I can figure out the issues with getting national team histories from EP.)
Old 11-08-2019, 02:36 PM   #207
chickenwingzach
Minors (Single A)

Preparing to expand my NHL beyond 32 teams. Before I do, I am just wondering if there playoff formats available that can accommodate more than 16 teams?
chickenwingzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:04 PM   #208
jh95
All Star Starter

FaceGen Missing Option

Hi Jeff,
can we please get back the missing option "Import PhotoFit (FaceGen) file"!
Is there even a plan to provide this option again?
Thank you!
Attached Images
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:25 AM   #209
Chicken Swede
Bat Boy

Small wish/suggestion

Don't know if this is the right place and how hard it would be to implement but a cool feature that I would like is the possibilty to override a retirement decision.

Maybe it could be restricted to one time only as it is in one of the bigger NBA-games on console.

While most retirements make sense, once in a while I see a player retiring and thinking that he has more to give.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:16 PM   #210
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwingzach View Post
Preparing to expand my NHL beyond 32 teams. Before I do, I am just wondering if there playoff formats available that can accommodate more than 16 teams?
No, you can switch formats, but 16 is the top I believe. You can change how those 16 are selected though (or go less as well).

Quote:
Don't know if this is the right place and how hard it would be to implement but a cool feature that I would like is the possibilty to override a retirement decision.

Maybe it could be restricted to one time only as it is in one of the bigger NBA-games on console.

While most retirements make sense, once in a while I see a player retiring and thinking that he has more to give.
Hard. Well, at least not easy. I think it's probably a long term goal though.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:50 AM   #211
sutnopG
Minors (Single A)

Shortlist & Scouting

Hello!

Would like to first thank the developers for a great game, well done

When it comes to scouting and shortlists i have some questions...

* Can i add a player to a shortlist from the players profile? it's difficult to find that specific player again when going back to 'list view' when the list have been re-
* Is there a way to make scouting lists permanently sort them self after specific criteria? for example when entering "Active Scouting" and scouts reports, sort for "Potential", entering a players profile and going back, my sorting have been changed.

This two questions goes hand in hand in some ways. Right now i feel it's quite hard to scout in this game - but possibly there are solutions?

Thanks in advance!
sutnopG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:33 PM   #212
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Where can I see what kind of compensation I have to give up if a RFA signs my offer sheet?

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:06 PM   #213
Chicken Swede
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Hard. Well, at least not easy. I think it's probably a long term goal though.
Thanks. It's not a big issue imo. Most of times when I "disagree" with a retirement is related to the goalies. I think that some of them could play a couple of more years if they still are rated 3 and above for example.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #214
Chicken Swede
Bat Boy

Player not learning the language

My only created player has a real hard time learning English. 4 years in the NHL has done nothing and he is still not even on a basic level. Must be some sort of a record.

Is there something I can do to help him along? I'll edit a stat or two if that would help.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:08 PM   #215
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
My only created player has a real hard time learning English. 4 years in the NHL has done nothing and he is still not even on a basic level. Must be some sort of a record.

Is there something I can do to help him along? I'll edit a stat or two if that would help.
High Intelligence and Adaptability will speed it up. And playing him regularly will also help.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:09 PM   #216
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
Where can I see what kind of compensation I have to give up if a RFA signs my offer sheet?
CapFriendly has a good summary with the current numbers: https://www.capfriendly.com/offer-sheet-calculator
Old 11-10-2019, 09:12 PM   #217
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutnopG View Post
* Can i add a player to a shortlist from the players profile? it's difficult to find that specific player again when going back to 'list view' when the list have been re-

* Is there a way to make scouting lists permanently sort them self after specific criteria? for example when entering "Active Scouting" and scouts reports, sort for "Potential", entering a players profile and going back, my sorting have been changed.
No way to do either right now, but both should be doable - the sorting one may be a little more complicated, but adding the shortlist option to the player Action Menu dropdown shouldn't be.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:43 AM   #218
sutnopG
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
No way to do either right now, but both should be doable - the sorting one may be a little more complicated, but adding the shortlist option to the player Action Menu dropdown shouldn't be.
Would be great to have that option, in that case the sorting when re-entering the active scouting screen is not an issue, when the user dosen't need to search for the player again on that screen, when shortlist option are available on the players profile.
sutnopG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:15 AM   #219
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
CapFriendly has a good summary with the current numbers: https://www.capfriendly.com/offer-sheet-calculator
So no way to look up the AAV and compensation in-game? Are historic seasons using the correct AAV values when it comes to compensation?

F2P Team

Last edited by dancariaz; 11-11-2019 at 07:43 AM.
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:39 AM   #220
Chicken Swede
Bat Boy

Quote:
High Intelligence and Adaptability will speed it up. And playing him regularly will also help.
Thanks. I bumped up his intelligence a bit as he was a 6 and just a tad brighter than a rock in the woods apparently.