Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:24 PM   #1081
Magus978
All Star Starter

The run that I was dreaming of has officially failed to materialize, and with 8 games to go in the season, the Patriots have been theoretically eliminated from postseason play. However, they are on course, barring a meltdown in those final 8 games, to finish at .500 or better. Had they been placed in the NC Central, they'd be up 2 games and looking at a potential division title...but no, as usual life has not been fair to the resilient Patriots.

78-76 with 8 games to play. Here's to a season of being a big blob of meh!

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:57 PM   #1082
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Ok, I am very excited. It doesn't look like the Bunnies will make the playoffs this year, but I have been saving up all week (and some last week) to buy a really good starter, and one finally came on the market at a really good price ---- Maddux (89 OVR) is undoubtedly the best gold rated starter in the game and, in my opinion much better than most low level diamonds. I finally saw him for a price I couldn't pass up --- 11k buy now. He'll be my ace next year. If anybody is interested, he is replacing Fernando Valenzuela (also 89 Ovr) who I have had for several seasons now. I put him on the market starting at 3999, so feel free to pick him up if you want!

Last edited by allenciox; 05-11-2019 at 11:59 PM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:58 PM   #1083
Goliathus
Major Leagues

So I bought OOTP20 today and am looking to join the league. So...how do I join? Is there a specific post that listed the usernames of all the current members of the league? Having such a list on first post would make joining the league easier IMO or a "how to join" segment on the first post.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:25 AM   #1084
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Goliathus, welcome! First, a few notes. I would suggest NOT signing up your Perfect Team until Monday, that will give you a full week in the entry pool. That will give you a full week of easy competition as you concentrate on building your team --- and, unlike regular times, you will play a game every half hour, day and night. You can get a ton of achievement points that way to build your team. Then we can get you in to Our group of friends for the following week.

The key things to know are:

Don't spend any money on getting PP points --- that is one requirement of our group, and, at least by the time you join, you will need to make sure that there are no MLB Live or Future Legend cards on your roster.

At any rate, welcome to OOTP and our group of friends, and hope you have lots of fun!

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:28 AM   #1085
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
did a quick run through the thread and stuck in the final standing records for everyone; so if you want to go with this one, feel free.... some of my numbers might be off if there were any post-season matchups that weren't included in the regular season final standings post...

this sheet will have the user name, team name, level, total wins, total losses, total pct (first 7 columns are frozen, so as you tab/scroll to the right, they will remain fixed while the yearly total columns will move):

Our League friends list
Hey stl jason, can you add Argonaut27 to this list? The Victoria Vikings are starting in Iron next season. If I use your list and remove all the Diamond teams I have a full 30.

Also, can anyone tell me how to view team records against each other? If so I can compile the Gold .334 standings. I think Green Lake is 4-5 in Our League play but not sure on the other teams.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:41 AM   #1086
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Ok, I am very excited. It doesn't look like the Bunnies will make the playoffs this year, but I have been saving up all week (and some last week) to buy a really good starter, and one finally came on the market at a really good price ---- Maddux (89 OVR) is undoubtedly the best gold rated starter in the game and, in my opinion much better than most low level diamonds. I finally saw him for a price I couldn't pass up --- 11k buy now. He'll be my ace next year. If anybody is interested, he is replacing Fernando Valenzuela (also 89 Ovr) who I have had for several seasons now. I put him on the market starting at 3999, so feel free to pick him up if you want!
Congrats, How are Kaneohe and Ewa Beach doing?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:40 AM   #1087
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
did a quick run through the thread and stuck in the final standing records for everyone; so if you want to go with this one, feel free.... some of my numbers might be off if there were any post-season matchups that weren't included in the regular season final standings post...

this sheet will have the user name, team name, level, total wins, total losses, total pct (first 7 columns are frozen, so as you tab/scroll to the right, they will remain fixed while the yearly total columns will move):

Our League friends list

Thanks. While we were practicing yesterday, I mentioned to Marie that I needed a spreadsheet. When she said, "Google," I realized I was the only person in the world who didn't know about the free apps thereon. I felt like the lady I heard on a "This American Life" episode when she found out that unicorns were mythical beasts. I'll probably give that a look later today, but I will also take a look at your stuff, and go with what seems like less work. I have all the playoff games on my list, so they'd be easy enough to add. Thanks again.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:43 AM   #1088
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Hey stl jason, can you add Argonaut27 to this list? The Victoria Vikings are starting in Iron next season. If I use your list and remove all the Diamond teams I have a full 30.

Also, can anyone tell me how to view team records against each other? If so I can compile the Gold .334 standings. I think Green Lake is 4-5 in Our League play but not sure on the other teams.

Just click on the League drop down in PT, select "Reports" and then select "Team vs. Team." Thanks. By the way, I've already added the Vikings to the copy and paste list, which I'll post later today.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 05-12-2019 at 06:44 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:07 AM   #1089
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Maddux is a great pickup. I purchased Maddux for 12k for my Diamond Team (the Monuments) a couple of seasons ago. It was painful to pay that much but I haven't been sorry for one second. Here's his stats (the last 2+ years are for my team):
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:10 AM   #1090
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Our League Playoff, Promotion/Relegation Outlook

In I220, there are no playoff teams, so all six will remain in Iron for 2026.

In B257, Cooper and Philadelphia are in the playoffs, from the same conference. No team will be relegated.

In S278, we have our only chance for an Our League World Series with Palolo in the National, and Salem, Harlem, and Terra Incognita in the American. Harlem and Terra Incognita play each other in the Division Series, so one will be promoted. No team will be relegated.

In G334, Transylvania and Kaneohe are in the playoffs from the same conference. No team will be relegated.

In D358, there are no playoff teams. None of the three will be relegated.

Best of luck to all the Our League teams, but especially the golds. It would be nice to have an Our League quorum in diamond for 2026.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:12 AM   #1091
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Goliathus, welcome! First, a few notes. I would suggest NOT signing up your Perfect Team until Monday, that will give you a full week in the entry pool. That will give you a full week of easy competition as you concentrate on building your team --- and, unlike regular times, you will play a game every half hour, day and night. You can get a ton of achievement points that way to build your team. Then we can get you in to Our group of friends for the following week.

The key things to know are:

Don't spend any money on getting PP points --- that is one requirement of our group, and, at least by the time you join, you will need to make sure that there are no MLB Live or Future Legend cards on your roster.

At any rate, welcome to OOTP and our group of friends, and hope you have lots of fun!

Yeah, I did thought about the "monday into the perfect pool" trick but I am also impatient on joining the league so I am considering joining the pool on weekend anyway. I don't think the pool could be considered easy competition though - more rapid competition I agree - as my experience in PT19 tells me that it's not. My F2P teams struggled in the pool then went on to a first season playoff in bronze there. So, consider me skeptical.

My biggest concern right now is the friend list. I saw a document in the early pages, is that up to date?
Old 05-12-2019, 07:14 AM   #1092
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Here's the last update for I220.

No OL teams made the playoffs so this is it! No playoffs for anybody also means all the teams below will be in Iron next year.

Code:
Final Our League Standings - I220 - 2025			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Mudville Muffins	26	17	.605
Arkham Horrors		21	19	.525
Motown Stars		20	21	.488
Stephensville Bears	18	19	.486
Gotham Knights		10	16	.385
Fancher Creek Pirates*	 2	 5	.286

*ineligible for title due to <10 OL games played
Old 05-12-2019, 07:35 AM   #1093
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Yeah, I did thought about the "monday into the perfect pool" trick but I am also impatient on joining the league so I am considering joining the pool on weekend anyway. I don't think the pool could be considered easy competition though - more rapid competition I agree - as my experience in PT19 tells me that it's not. My F2P teams struggled in the pool then went on to a first season playoff in bronze there. So, consider me skeptical.

My biggest concern right now is the friend list. I saw a document in the early pages, is that up to date?
The benefit of the entry pool is that if you join on Monday you'll play around 300 games there before being placed into Iron the week after. So the competition may not be easier, per se, but the fact is that there's more games played and therefore more chances to earn PP. Especially if you have an idea for for who you want on your team and can pick a couple of them up on Monday (you'll start with 1k PP and will quickly get another 1.2-1.5k from a couple of initial achievements that they give you 400 PP for - be sure to crank base stealing up when you start as that's one of them).

Being in the Entry Pool does mean you lose the end of season awards and the All-Star selection awards but to me it makes sense to play in the Entry Pool if you have the patience to do it. I put two teams through the entry pool last week and they both completed their first seasons in Iron this week. The PP earnings for them was as follows:

Code:
Team	EP	Iron
T1	12230	8605
T2	14466	8245
Both teams focused on building their hitting and only upgraded pitching to get rid of all the iron guys they were initially forced to use.

That said, if you want to create the team today and jump in to Iron next week then go for it. Do whatever's more fun for you. But I think it's clear spending a week in the Entry Pool makes more sense from a long-term perspective.

Last edited by Charlatan; 05-12-2019 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:19 AM   #1094
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Interesting numbers. If we cut out the (I am guessing) 2K from the 5x 400PP starting gift(which I assume you can also get from Iron if you did not get it on the EP), the difference is 2,923 per team from your numbers. 3K is a fair bit.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:59 AM   #1095
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post

done.... group fyi - the linked sheet is editable by anyone with access to it, so if there's any info that's wrong/missing/etc, feel free to update it with the corrected data.

looks like my fears about the final stretch were warranted as Waffletown failed to hold the last WC spot and ended up 2 games back of the playoffs.... ah well... they weren't going to get very far in the post season anyway, so another year in Silver it is

Last edited by stl jason; 05-12-2019 at 09:00 AM.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:20 AM   #1096
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Mundys Giveth, then Taketh Away

The Our League S278 pennant race came down to the final game, with Port Ruppert visiting the Sanguine Classics, who had frittered away any margin for error with a disastrous sason-ending run. Their tumble began when they dropped 3-of-4 at home to Terra Incognita, including a no-hit gem by the Rustlers' Jose Rijo, the second in Our League history. The Classics' outlook seemed (dare I say it?), less than sanguine. Port Ruppert, however, visited Harlem and took 2-of-3 from the Hatchets, and, in fact, took a two-run lead into the bottom of the 9th in game 3, before George "High Pockets" Kelly clubbed a three-run homer that eventually turned out to be a "crowning" achievement.

After their home woes, Sanguine traveled to Glorious Mundy Stadium to take 2-of-3 from Port Ruppert and the sun shone again. The Classics needed just one home win against the Mundys to earn their first Our League crown. After twin, 4-3, losses it came down to the final game of the year. Port Ruppert pounded out a 12-3 lead, and then survived a frantic Sanguine comeback effort to win, 12-8, and turned George Kelly's homer into a title-winning legend. Harlem had its second Our League crown.

Almost lost in chatter of of the story above was the Palolo Puppies sizzling 7-and-2 stretch run that vaulted them into second, just .0004 behind Harlem.

The final standings:
Attached Images
Old 05-12-2019, 09:25 AM   #1097
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Kelly's clout captures crown.
Attached Images
Old 05-12-2019, 09:47 AM   #1098
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Current Friends List to copy and paste. If you download this, you can copy and paste the user names into PT. Remember, you'll have to leave off some names of those you'll not see next season to keep it to 30. Don't forget to hit "submit team" afterwards.
Attached Files
File Type: txt friendscut&paste.txt (821 Bytes, 34 views)
Old 05-12-2019, 09:48 AM   #1099
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Friends List as a png.
Attached Images
Old 05-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #1100
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Need Help

I still don't have the final results for B257 and G334. Also need the W-L for D358 that were between Our League teams. Thanks.