Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:46 PM   #2041
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
Well, being stuck somewhere is no fun. I would strongly oppose throwing games, obviously, but - as there is no option to fold a team and relaunch an account - it seems to me that changing your theme is a perfectly acceptable thing to do. It's a fine line, of course, and I can see why people might think of it that way. I guess I think of it as presenting myself with a new challenge.
The dev responded to him in a thread that he can't do Iron Unsung Heroes(and that player has said he has changed it anyway, and without the dev asking him to do so) in Perfect because no way IUH would get to that level. But if he's doing IUH in bronze or iron, then it's perfectly fine. So, theme change is acceptable, but not always depending on the levels you are at and the power level of the theme you are switching to.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:21 PM   #2042
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

More Mets

Scanned through the AH, limiting the search to '60's through '90's and found more Mets.

Al Weis, Wayne Garrett, Ron Swoboda, Rick Reed, Sandy Alomar, Jim Bibby, Rey Ordonez, Doug Flynn, Hubie Brooks, Doug Sisk, Del Unser, Rob Gardner, Juan Samuel, Anthony Young, Felix Millan. Also confirmed a few more of the "?" players. So, it seems the quantity is there. The quality, maybe not so much.

On my teams' rosters, I have 19 that fit the bill, 21 if you count the 3 Willie Mays, my only repeat player (now or ever) across my rosters.

Wonder how many Mets there are in Our League. If you restrict it to Mets cards, I don't think there would be too many. My own rosters drop to six if you only count Mets cards, actually 7 because I have a Mays on the inactive list. I accidentally dumped my Harry Chiti, that I pulled in a starter pack.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:25 AM   #2043
Magus978
All Star Starter

You know, if it weren't for my Entry Pool teams, I would have quit PT after this week's three-pronged disaster. New York finally fell under .500, have not gotten any points since the All Star break, and I can't even begin a mass sell-off due to not having enough players left. The only thing left for them is perpetual auto pilot until I can figure out if it'll be worth my time to try and fix that mess.

Added Tommy Davis, Gus Bell, and Aaron Sele to my Mets team. Sele will come out of the bullpen as a long reliever. Davis is a terrible outfielder, but his bat will make up for that for the rest of pool play, and probably into Iron and Bronze. Gus Bell's a better outfielder, but doesn't play a good center field and tends to strike out too often.

80's Team Update: There haven't been anywhere near as many acquisitions due to the exorbitant prices on the auction house. However, we have added Bert Blyleven (84 OVR) to the pitching staff. There's still a lot of work to do to make the bullpen look less sucky before Iron play begins Monday, but there are plenty of points opportunities left to be had, so there's no concern on that front.

I might start my 3rd team this coming Monday, probably another decade team. Just a matter of which decade I want to tackle. 90's is a possibility, but I'm also leaning towards the 50's. The more time I can take away from checking on the Patriots, the better.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 06-07-2019 at 01:28 AM.
Magus978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:35 AM   #2044
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
You know, if it weren't for my Entry Pool teams, I would have quit PT after this week's three-pronged disaster. New York finally fell under .500, have not gotten any points since the All Star break, and I can't even begin a mass sell-off due to not having enough players left. The only thing left for them is perpetual auto pilot until I can figure out if it'll be worth my time to try and fix that mess.

Added Tommy Davis, Gus Bell, and Aaron Sele to my Mets team. Sele will come out of the bullpen as a long reliever. Davis is a terrible outfielder, but his bat will make up for that for the rest of pool play, and probably into Iron and Bronze. Gus Bell's a better outfielder, but doesn't play a good center field and tends to strike out too often.

80's Team Update: There haven't been anywhere near as many acquisitions due to the exorbitant prices on the auction house. However, we have added Bert Blyleven (84 OVR) to the pitching staff. There's still a lot of work to do to make the bullpen look less sucky before Iron play begins Monday, but there are plenty of points opportunities left to be had, so there's no concern on that front.

I might start my 3rd team this coming Monday, probably another decade team. Just a matter of which decade I want to tackle. 90's is a possibility, but I'm also leaning towards the 50's. The more time I can take away from checking on the Patriots, the better.
Your 80’s team is playing well.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:59 AM   #2045
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:

We have gotten ourselves into similar problems before (mostly in PT19) but also with teams that jumped through the levels every week until they reached too many fully funded teams.

When this happens, I keep telling myself the biggest reward in the game is not winning Perfect League championships with the same combination of 30-50 Legend or high end players. That gets old quickly.

Much more rewarding is turning something totally broken around and finding a way to make it in the long run with teams much worse. I am sure two of our teams will soon have a goal to avoid relegation once they make that last jump to perfect league.

Good luck.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:21 AM   #2046
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
We have gotten ourselves into similar problems before (mostly in PT19) but also with teams that jumped through the levels every week until they reached too many fully funded teams.

When this happens, I keep telling myself the biggest reward in the game is not winning Perfect League championships with the same combination of 30-50 Legend or high end players. That gets old quickly.

Much more rewarding is turning something totally broken around and finding a way to make it in the long run with teams much worse. I am sure two of our teams will soon have a goal to avoid relegation once they make that last jump to perfect league.

Good luck.

That is where I amt at with Aina Haina. Feels good to beat the big boys once in awhile.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:39 AM   #2047
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Palolo Take Charge in OL S294

The Puppies barked loudly and took a big bite out of their opponents to streak to a big lead in yesterday's sims. What has been a tight race seems to be turning into the Puppies' prance to Best in Show.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:30 AM   #2048
Charlatan
All Star Starter

B249 Update

Daytona Beach continues flying high, Ozark makes a move. But the Pickleballers still seem to be in control.

Code:
Our League Standings - B249 - Aug 2, 2029			
			 W	 L	 Pct
DB Pickleballers	20	 8	.714
Ozark Bobcats		17	 9	.654
Asheboro Road Dogs	 8	 6	.571
Seattle Endless Summer	15	13	.536
Philadelphia Patriots	12	12	.500
Motown Stars		10	13	.435
Redmond Defenders	10	13	.435
Frankenthal Retros	13	21	.382
Janesville Onyx		 9	19	.321

x
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:39 AM   #2049
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I154 Update

Top four teams are unchanged from last month. Can Arkham bring home another crown?

Code:
Our League Standings - I154 - Aug 2, 2029			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Arkham Horrors		24	13	.649
NZ Silver Ferns		23	15	.605
Mudville Muffins	18	13	.581
Melaka Armada		12	12	.500
Phi Athletic Club	20	22	.476
Gotham Knights		 7	 8	.467
Fancher Creek Pirates	19	22	.463
Victoria Vikings	18	22	.450
San Pedro Cerranos	 6	 8	.429
Stephensville Bears	13	25	.342

x
Attached Images
Old 06-07-2019, 07:55 AM   #2050
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

overall Gold league update:

The AC East continues to be the division nobody wants to win, as Waffletown's sub-par 52-54 record is still good enough to keep them only 3 games off the lead. Cooper is keeping pace with the division leader in the NC Central and is only 2 games back. CliffMarkle is hoping to erase the memory of a disastrous month of July and turn things around in the final 2 months of the season, and at worst play well enough to avoid relegation, and at best still make a run for a post season birth as there is still a lot of games remaining.
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:23 AM   #2051
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Talk about frustrating. Seems every time I log in and check on the CliffMarkle Roadrunners we are losing another 1 run game. We are in danger of dropping to Silver and I am close to blowing the team up and going with an all Detroit Tigers roster.

My 94 rated Cy Young, who was picked up at the end of last week, is 7-8 with a 4.20 era. A 95 rated Willie Stargell has done nothing and is on the trade market now. Picked up a 93 rated Reggie Jackson and he is batting .225.

What is even more frustrating is the obvious bias to live players. Yes, Josh Bell is having a great start to the season but to be rated a 98 - equal to the 98 my all-time legend Steve Carlton has - just makes no sense. You can't tell me that Josh Bell is equal to Steve Carlton, or 12 points better the fellow first baseman Hank Greenberg.

Frustrating is too strong a word. Just makes me shake my head when I see some of the current player ratings compared to the historical guys. Think I may just start playing the guys I like more, regardless of ratings, and end up where we end up. Guys like Fidrych, who does okay for me in small stretches, or Mike Marshall who I absolutely loved as a reliever in 1974 playing SOM board games as a kid, or George Kell are the guys who will get more playing time.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #2052
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Top four teams are unchanged from last month. Can Arkham bring home another crown?

Code:
Our League Standings - I154 - Aug 2, 2029			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Arkham Horrors		24	13	.649
NZ Silver Ferns		23	15	.605
Mudville Muffins	18	13	.581
Melaka Armada		12	12	.500
Phi Athletic Club	20	22	.476
Gotham Knights		 7	 8	.467
Fancher Creek Pirates	19	22	.463
Victoria Vikings	18	22	.450
San Pedro Cerranos	 6	 8	.429
Stephensville Bears	13	25	.342

x
San Pedro has games against Arkham and NZ today with no chance to win OL maybe my boys can play spoiler. My team isn't having a bad season but not accumulating PP that are going to help. I think this team is going to have to stand pat next week in hopes of building capital.

On the other hand my 70's team is coming together nicely and earning points at high rate and hopefully be an instant contender when they join on Monday.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:07 AM   #2053
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Tentacles crossed...

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:16 AM   #2054
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

Good luck.
Nothing will change unless I can fix the starting pitching, and I can't do that without a few thousand points. With point generation being at zero at the moment, that's impossible. My teams have always been some of the worst at generating points, no matter how I build them.

The only winning move is not to play. Good advice, WarGames (1983). Let the Patriots burn until they as a whole decide enough is enough and start achieving again!

Old 06-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #2055
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I know it's frustrating when your team plays much worse than you think it should, but don't do anything too drastic!

One thing I do is look at my roster and evaluate whether I am happy or unhappy with each starter. That way I can zero in on what improvements to make as opposed to feeling like I need to blow everything up. Once I identify all the changes I want to make, I then start figuring out my priority (and then I promptly ignore it!).

So I guess I'm saying figure out what you want to change and start doing it. Granted, if you are making a change to your team's philosophy then you might have a wholesale selling/buying event. But if not, then maybe you just need to tweak a few things and wait for the season to end so you can get a calmer view of what your team's issues are.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #2056
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
I know it's frustrating when your team plays much worse than you think it should, but don't do anything too drastic!

One thing I do is look at my roster and evaluate whether I am happy or unhappy with each starter. That way I can zero in on what improvements to make as opposed to feeling like I need to blow everything up. Once I identify all the changes I want to make, I then start figuring out my priority (and then I promptly ignore it!).

So I guess I'm saying figure out what you want to change and start doing it. Granted, if you are making a change to your team's philosophy then you might have a wholesale selling/buying event. But if not, then maybe you just need to tweak a few things and wait for the season to end so you can get a calmer view of what your team's issues are.
The only things I'm happy with are the bullpen (I'm sure I'll be raging about them next week due to the volatility of bullpens), our defense, and our team batting average. Apparently it's still not good enough to churn out points on a regular basis. The kind of fixes this team needs require around 5-15k in points (replacing at least 3 of the starters, maybe 4 if I come to the conclusion that Ismael Valdez just isn't good enough for silver level). I can't even sell my underperforming 83 Frank Thomas for the 7-day avg to help kickstart the rebuild, so I'm at the point where I'm just spinning the tires in the mud. Not my idea of a good time.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:03 AM   #2057
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

If only you posted this yesterday before I spent 15k PP, including a diamond SP. That's with my SP being my strongest component of my roster!

Quote:

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:28 PM   #2058
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
The only things I'm happy with are the bullpen (I'm sure I'll be raging about them next week due to the volatility of bullpens), our defense, and our team batting average. Apparently it's still not good enough to churn out points on a regular basis. The kind of fixes this team needs require around 5-15k in points (replacing at least 3 of the starters, maybe 4 if I come to the conclusion that Ismael Valdez just isn't good enough for silver level). I can't even sell my underperforming 83 Frank Thomas for the 7-day avg to help kickstart the rebuild, so I'm at the point where I'm just spinning the tires in the mud. Not my idea of a good time.
Frank Thomas absolutely kills lefties. Valdez is good enough at the silver level. Maybe your defense isn’t suppporting him?

Old 06-07-2019, 12:29 PM   #2059
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezwraths View Post
If only you posted this yesterday before I spent 15k PP, including a diamond SP. That's with my SP being my strongest component of my roster!
I like the work on my hitting before my pitching. That way my starting pitching doesn’t carry me to a level that my team isn’t ready for.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:43 PM   #2060
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Yes, please... somebody buy Frank Thomas. I have 5 or 6 of them listed in the Auction House.

It's a good card but I was looking for one without stats and it took me many many buys to find one.
At this point I guess I've cornered the market on Frank Thomas.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote