Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
SimulationSensation
Bat Boy

Trading Draft Picks

I was testing the AI trading and I noticed if you have the AI trading on average. When I try to trade my 1st round pick to another team for their 2nd round pick they won't immediately trade. They need time to think about it.

Or if you have the 1st overall pick and try to trade it for the 30th overall 1st round pick they won't immediately trade.

That just doesn't make sense, anyone have the same problem? Thanks in advance.
SimulationSensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:01 PM   #2
marc5477
Minors (Double A)

Yep, I wrote about this in the bug thread. Basically, you cannot trade down. What I was trying to do was trade down my top rounds because I was going to lose the top one anyway to a FA I wanted to pick up. But like you noted, you cannot trade down cleanly. The work around is to do it through another trade for a low level player or prospect. If you do that, you can trade draft picks more logically but...

I discovered that the trading AI is very bad and I think I understand why the MLB does not allow draft pick trading. It can easily be abused by managers (like me) who trade away top rounds instead of losing them to a FA. Due to the bad trading AI however, my minor leagues are filled with about 30 prospects with over 60 potential due to all the draft pick trading I had done in years prior... if it were not for insane injuries, I would have won the world series 5 years straight.

I am restarting using a new league soon, setting trading to hard to see if it works out better in the minors. I am also going to change the AI preference to slightly favor vets because they completely discount them in trades whereas I can trade useless 20 potential prospects for a lot sometimes. I am also going to flatten team finances (market size) so they all start on even ground.
marc5477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #3
grenv
Bat Boy

Basically it seems like Average is just too hard to trade and easy is too easy. What we need is another level called "sensible" which is halfway between average and hard.

e.g. on Average they won't trade a 10th round pick until I give at least a 5th round. And the exact reverse on Easy.
grenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #4
facelessman
Minors (Single A)

Regarding trade difficulty (not pick for pick), I recently did some testing, it may or not help:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...iscussion.html

"I want a refund" = "I'm not willing to explore the learning curve, I need instant gratification".
facelessman is offline   Reply With Quote