Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 02-27-2016, 06:05 PM   #1
jcondor
Bat Boy

Importing Prior Season into new OOTP game stats/ratings

When OOTP 17 comes out and I import my OOTP 16 league, will the 2015 stats and ratings for the MLB 2015 season be reflected in my old league I imported which had 2014 stats and ratings?

For example, will Jake Arieta of the Chicago Cubs be in his 2015 Cy Young winning form when I play OOTP 17 after I import my old game in OOTP 16?
jcondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:45 PM   #2
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

No, you'll have to update those yourself. I have an Excel macro that I use to do the ratings. The stats would take a little more time.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:38 AM   #3
jcondor
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
No, you'll have to update those yourself. I have an Excel macro that I use to do the ratings. The stats would take a little more time.

Would you mind to share with me how I can get the macro that would update all the ratings? Or is it somewhere on the forum I can download?

Is the macro hard to run?
Old 02-29-2016, 08:31 AM   #4
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

I'll post it later on tonight after work.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:51 PM   #5
jcondor
Bat Boy

Quote:
I'll post it later on tonight after work.
Awesome. Thank you so much.

I see your tagline is OBSL Commish. Are you a commissioner of an online OOTP league?
Old 03-01-2016, 10:33 PM   #6
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Sorry it took me so long, but here's the Excel macro I was talking about:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2q6dsuguj...ater.xlsm?dl=0

You'll have to do a little bit of setup with this file and your files beforehand to get this to work. I was a commish of an online league for a few years so I have my league's name listed in this file. You'll have to change that to your file's name.

First, when the new version of OOTP comes out, make a QS with the MLB QS they have in-game and then export the MLB rosters to a text file. Do the same with the rosters in the league you want to update. Next, open each file in Excel. When the Text Import Wizard comes up, choose Delimited, then Comma, and Finish. Next, click the square that connects the columns and rows in the upper left of the sheet so that every cell is highlighted. Click Sort, then Custom Sort by Column E and then Column F so that all the data will begin with the players in alphabetical order under the ratings categories. Once you've done that for both files, save them both as .csv files (comma delimited) with the names "obsl_rosters" as your league file and "updated_rosters" as the MLB QS file. For some reason, the macro won't work if you change the names in the code. And make sure you save them in the same folder.

Now, open the Excel macro I've attached here and click "Update OBSL Rosters". When the window pops up, select both .csv files and click Open. The file may run for a few minutes. When it finishes, the file will have two new tabs at the bottom: obsl_rosters and updated_rosters. On the obsl_rosters tab, the players who got updated ratings will be in blue and the untouched players will be in black. On the updated_rosters tab, the updated players will be in black and the untouched players in red. This makes it easy to sort out the players you may want to add into your game. If you want to do that, count the number of players who weren't updated in the updated_rosters file and then add that number of fictional players in your league. You may want to run this macro once just to get a count of those players before you import the new ratings into your league. That way, you can add the fictional players to the league and then copy and paste the untouched players from one file to the other and import everything all at once.

Hopefully, that works well for you. If you have any questions, just ask.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:48 AM   #7
jcondor
Bat Boy

Thanks for Macro

Thank you for the Macro. However having some difficulty understanding what you are saying. When you say when the new OOTP 17.0 comes out you mention about a "QS" file. What is that?
Old 03-02-2016, 08:34 AM   #8
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

QS stands for Quickstart. You have the option to make a new quickstart on the OOTP Start screen.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:26 AM   #9
jcondor
Bat Boy

Quote:
QS stands for Quickstart. You have the option to make a new quickstart on the OOTP Start screen.

Thank you very much. Not sure I understand everything you typed. I have not worked with csv files before. When OOTP 17 comes out I may be reaching out to you to help me if you don't mind?
Old 03-03-2016, 09:36 AM   #10
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondor View Post
Thank you very much. Not sure I understand everything you typed. I have not worked with csv files before. When OOTP 17 comes out I may be reaching out to you to help me if you don't mind?
A .csv file is just Excel's version of a comma-separated file, which means that the data in it is separated by commas rather than listed in individual cells. When you export the rosters, they will come out in comma-separated text files. Excel is the easiest way to sort all the data. Let me know if you need any help.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:03 PM   #11
PoorBoy2001
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Kudos

Hey OBSL Commish - I just wanted to say a public thank you for posting this utility. I'm involved in a league now entering it's 22nd year and we had really struggled to upgrade the OOTP player ratings from year to year. Your util worked wonderfully for us, saving hours and hours of work that we previously had to do.

Well done! (now if only the rosters.txt file had fields for injury ratings.....)

Quote:
Sorry it took me so long, but here's the Excel macro I was talking about:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2q6dsuguj...ater.xlsm?dl=0

You'll have to do a little bit of setup with this file and your files beforehand to get this to work. I was a commish of an online league for a few years so I have my league's name listed in this file. You'll have to change that to your file's name.

First, when the new version of OOTP comes out, make a QS with the MLB QS they have in-game and then export the MLB rosters to a text file. Do the same with the rosters in the league you want to update. Next, open each file in Excel. When the Text Import Wizard comes up, choose Delimited, then Comma, and Finish. Next, click the square that connects the columns and rows in the upper left of the sheet so that every cell is highlighted. Click Sort, then Custom Sort by Column E and then Column F so that all the data will begin with the players in alphabetical order under the ratings categories. Once you've done that for both files, save them both as .csv files (comma delimited) with the names "obsl_rosters" as your league file and "updated_rosters" as the MLB QS file. For some reason, the macro won't work if you change the names in the code. And make sure you save them in the same folder.

Now, open the Excel macro I've attached here and click "Update OBSL Rosters". When the window pops up, select both .csv files and click Open. The file may run for a few minutes. When it finishes, the file will have two new tabs at the bottom: obsl_rosters and updated_rosters. On the obsl_rosters tab, the players who got updated ratings will be in blue and the untouched players will be in black. On the updated_rosters tab, the updated players will be in black and the untouched players in red. This makes it easy to sort out the players you may want to add into your game. If you want to do that, count the number of players who weren't updated in the updated_rosters file and then add that number of fictional players in your league. You may want to run this macro once just to get a count of those players before you import the new ratings into your league. That way, you can add the fictional players to the league and then copy and paste the untouched players from one file to the other and import everything all at once.

Hopefully, that works well for you. If you have any questions, just ask.
PoorBoy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:17 PM   #12
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorBoy2001 View Post
Hey OBSL Commish - I just wanted to say a public thank you for posting this utility. I'm involved in a league now entering it's 22nd year and we had really struggled to upgrade the OOTP player ratings from year to year. Your util worked wonderfully for us, saving hours and hours of work that we previously had to do.

Well done! (now if only the rosters.txt file had fields for injury ratings.....)

My pleasure, PoorBoy! I'm glad you were able to use it successfully.