Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-27-2015, 10:37 AM   #1
vulcan4
Major Leagues

Is this League 'too large'??? Opinions Needed Please

So, I would like everyone's input/opinion/advice on if the league I am creating is too large. I would like to know your opinions on the Pro's & Con's of a baseball league that has a total of 48 Teams.

Here is the League Format/Set-Up (Number of Teams, Divisions, etc.) -

One main league with two 'sub-leagues' (Just like the current MLB set-up where it has both the American and National Leagues under the Major League Baseball banner.)

Main League Name:
Major League Baseball

Sub-League Name(s):
Confederate Baseball League (CBL)
National Baseball League (NBL)

Division Names & Format:
Northeast Division
Southeast Division
North-Central Division
South-Central Division
Northwest Division
Southwest Division
Quote:
**NOTE**
{{{{{I am not sure if I should write out the division names as (For Example) -
'Northeast' or 'North East' or 'Northeastern'}}}}}
This all sums up as follows:
- 1 main League which has...
- 2 Sub-Leagues
- 6 Divisions
- 4 Teams per division
- 24 Teams per sub-league
Total Teams = 48

Playoff Format (Sweet 16):
- One division champion per division
- Two wildcard teams per sub-league
= 8 Teams in Playoffs per sub-league
= 16 Teams in Playoffs in entire main League

Ok, so I would like all those opinions who would like to voice their opinion(s) on this entire post. Please, say anything you'd like. I won't take anything personal and would love to hear your opinions on this.
***Not would I only like your opinions, but I'd WELCOME your and any advice as well. whether it be on the playoff format, names of the divisions or on how many teams is 'too much'.

Thank you all in advance for your time.
vulcan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
canaveral
Minors (Double A)

With no minors, it should be entirely doable... I'd go with Northeast... Fictional or historical?
canaveral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
vulcan4
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by canaveral View Post
With no minors, it should be entirely doable... I'd go with Northeast... Fictional or historical?
Thank you for the reply.

Oh, this will have minor leagues. That will be the farming systems.

I mean, I will have other leagues that will be supporting this one. I plan on have one or two asian fictional leagues, AAA, AA and A leagues and some latin leagues. If possible, even college teams.

Again, ALL of what I just wrote will be the farming systems and systems I will be drafting from.

Im not worried about the 'scope' of the league I am creating in terms of how big it is out side of the Major or main league because those will be where all the talent comes from. I am concerned, however, of the main league ONLY BECAUSE of how it might effect stats and/or setting realistic all-time records, etc. I want this league to be realistic, but the league itself, in its entirety., will be based on both real and fictional world.

And, one more thing...I am not worried at all about how long it will take me to create this league as this will be a league where it will never end.

Last edited by vulcan4; 06-27-2015 at 11:17 AM.
vulcan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:13 PM   #4
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

My experience with big leagues, is the processing speed, even with an up to date computer is pretty laggy. After a few seasons, you may start seeing the names file being corrupted, etc. I worry about the integrity of a large league.

In terms of reality, I think most Major Leagues are either headed this direction, with more large metropolitan areas wanting more of the action. Be aware however, that there are many, many threads discussing the realistic viability of sports markets outside of the 30 that exist. There is a distinct possibility that for the sake of realism, you may wind up with 5 NYC teams and 4 in LA, to prevent a market disparity that would dwarf the one existing at the 1994 strike.