Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:19 AM   #101
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
Wow. Kind of a weird time for a football game release. I guess I'm just so used to the big video game companies releasing them at the beginning of the season
Here's a quick quote from Jim from years ago explaining not having set release dates until very late in the process (and some other things):

Quote:
My product is what they refer to in sales as an "evergreen." I don't get a huge percentage of my sales on day one.

Full long post here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=135

Of course, it's unknown whether this will be more of a Jim-style release (set and announce release date only a short time before the actual release) or Markus-style (set and announce release data a few weeks/months ahead of time.)

Last edited by Ben E Lou; 09-07-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:39 PM   #102
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Here's a quick quote from Jim from years ago explaining not having set release dates until very late in the process (and some other things):

Full long post here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=135

Of course, it's unknown whether this will be more of a Jim-style release (set and announce release date only a short time before the actual release) or Markus-style (set and announce release data a few weeks/months ahead of time.)
While it does remain to be seen to a certain extent, Markus has already mentioned there will be preorders so at least in that vein (correct me if I'm wrong), the release will be slightly more tilted towards the OOTPD way than the traditional Solecismic way.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #103
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
While it does remain to be seen to a certain extent, Markus has already mentioned there will be preorders so at least in that vein (correct me if I'm wrong), the release will be slightly more tilted towards the OOTPD way than the traditional Solecismic way.
Of course, it could also be both. ("Release date is in 2 weeks. We're taking pre-orders now!")
Old 09-07-2018, 06:27 PM   #104
swoboda
All Star Starter

I will definitely buy version 1 just to support the effort and hope for the best, in fact I will pre-order if that opportunity is there.

At the same time I am not counting on Version 1 to light my fire so.....I will be starting up my 21st (?) season of solo play 'em all out on my old copy of Football Pro 97, and I certainly hope I can abandon FBP97 within three years ?

The late great Lindsey Nelson
Old 09-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #105
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Same here. I have bought two versions of FHM and I don't even like hockey. I played one FHM for two days and the other one not at all, simply because again, I don't like hockey. Why did I buy them? To give OOTPD money for putting out a superior product.

(And it's not like I'm rolling in the dough either. I'm a school teacher with three little kids. It's really one of the only things I spend money on for myself)

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Old 09-12-2018, 03:21 PM   #106
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Same here. I have bought two versions of FHM and I don't even like hockey. I played one FHM for two days and the other one not at all, simply because again, I don't like hockey. Why did I buy them? To give OOTPD money for putting out a superior product.

(And it's not like I'm rolling in the dough either. I'm a school teacher with three little kids. It's really one of the only things I spend money on for myself)
Well said
Old 09-14-2018, 11:04 AM   #107
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Tbh I want them to open up preorders now so I can empty my bank account buying copies of this dream crossover.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #108
OrbisEuler
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Do you guys think we'll get an update next week? The said late Summer/early Fall for another update right? Well Next week is the start of Fall. I'm desperate for info
Old 09-14-2018, 05:10 PM   #109
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbisEuler View Post
Do you guys think we'll get an update next week? The said late Summer/early Fall for another update right? Well Next week is the start of Fall. I'm desperate for info
Based on Markus's post from a few weeks ago, I wouldn't necessarily think so: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...0&postcount=69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Guys, all is good. Development is progressing, Jim and Chris are working on the game full time. And we have a solid plan how the V1 release will be rolled out. We will share more about the game and have the proper announcement once we are ready to accept pre-orders, but this is still a few months away.

Once the official announcement is made, we'll engage in active discussions and answer all your questions
Maybe we'll get a few more crumbs, but it doesn't sound like a feature list or anything like that is forthcoming soon.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:41 PM   #110
OrbisEuler
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben e lou View Post
based on markus's post from a few weeks ago, i wouldn't necessarily think so: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...0&postcount=69

maybe we'll get a few more crumbs, but it doesn't sound like a feature list or anything like that is forthcoming soon.
ahhhhhh waiting is the hardest part
Old 09-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #111
Postman
Major Leagues

Quote:
I played one FHM for two days and the other one not at all...
I only bought one and played it maybe a couple hours, but I love hockey. I just didn't like FHM's modeling approach. It didn't come close to capturing the game for me.

I'm probably going to try Eastside this season.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:22 PM   #112
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

Hopefully the beta is sooner than later but glad to hear this is in development!
Old 01-08-2019, 02:33 PM   #113
noseonarug17
Bat Boy

Here's my newest crazy idea. I want to be able to lengthen the season to 162 games, give players way more durability, and go full moneyball. I can't wait to see the first 50k yard, 500 TD season.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:51 PM   #114
Jerrod247
Minors (Single A)

Every player that started would be on IR by the end of the season.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:40 PM   #115
noseonarug17
Bat Boy

Right, that's why I said increased durability.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:58 PM   #116
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Markus speculated 3 months we're at 5. Me thinks we're getting a lot of bang for the buck. First release will rock!
Old 01-23-2019, 05:14 PM   #117
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Or it'll be three years from now if at all ! How many years now has OOTP been developing a football game ???
Old 01-23-2019, 05:59 PM   #118
BradS
Minors (Double A)

You know Jim Gindin developed FOF like 20 years ago right?
Old 01-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #119
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

And ???
Old 01-24-2019, 06:06 PM   #120
BradS
Minors (Double A)

It is not a 3 year project and will be out this year. You clear on that.