Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:27 PM   #41
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
Is there going to be a package price deal to pick up all three games in 2015?
I like this idea!

Old 01-31-2014, 11:36 PM   #42
conception
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
Is there going to be a package price deal to pick up all three games in 2015?
I like this idea, though if Markus decides against it I can't say that we haven't been spoiled for being diehard fans by having excellent pre-order discounts and numerous sales to take advantage of.

I will say that I know so little of hockey (though I have respect for the sport) that I will probably never have desire to purchase the game on its own. But if it was packaged with the other two I would certainly install it and give it a whirl once or twice just to see what it's like. Who knows, I may be hooked, and maybe I will find that not knowing what makes a good center, left wing, or defender won't be as big of an impediment as I thought.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:04 AM   #43
echolodge
Minors (Single A)

I clicked. There it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hello everyone!

Yes, the time has come. We're doing a football game.

About 2 years ago we decided to expand our product line as Sebastian (our iOOTP programmer) introduced us to his buddy Malte and told us about their hockey game, which they had been developing in their spare time - Franchise Hockey Manager. Now, the game was released a few months ago, and apart from a few hiccups and lessens learned, FHM is a big success for our company.

Early in October 2013, Andreas and I discussed why we shouldn't try the same approach with the most popular sport in the US, football. I personally enjoy watching football games on TV, but my knowledge about the sport is far from good, so I wouldn't be able to develop a good football game. But, sometimes in life things just fall right into place, and a couple of days after Andreas and I had the conversation, we found out that a very nice and clever English chap named Francis Cole, who is a lifelong football fan who I've known from my days working for Sports Interactive in London, has been developing his own little football game for about a year. And after talking for a few days in October, Francis agreed to join Out of the Park Developments and develop a football game with us.

The game is called Beyond the Sideline Football. Trust me, it was quite a ride until the whole team managed to agree on a name. And this is it. We feel that it is a good match for our product lineup and "BTS" sounds like a pretty tasty sandwich (in Daniela's humble opinion), and what can possibly be wrong with tasty sandwiches?

BTS will be based on the complete OOTP code base, which means that the GUI of BTS will be very similar to OOTP and that it will have all the great technical functionality that we've developed for OOTP in the past (FaceGen, online leagues, HTML output, text engine, storylines, world database etc.) and which are tested & verified to work quite okay, I guess.

Obviously, football is a different game than baseball, so the game flow will be a different too. After all, the teams just play one game per week, so there has to be stuff to keep you busy on the 6 days that you are not playing. But we'll talk about all that once we reveal more info in the coming months.

There is no scheduled release date. We will release the game once we feel it is rock solid and has a good set of features. Francis already had an impressive football code foundation with an awesome 2D engine and saves plenty of time because he will use parts of the OOTP code, but still it's way too early to make a good estimate on how long this whole project will take.

I am really excited. We are now covering three major sports and have a tremendous foundation for many years to come. Out of the Park Developments has a bright future ahead and all its games and fans will benefit from that. So, tell all your friends about Beyond the Sideline Football, it'll be a fun ride!

I think I'll have a beer (or two) and a Bratwurst sandwich tonight

Cheers,
Markus
I am overjoyed over the news and wish OOTP Developments the very best on this new game. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent Googling and clicking on links endlessly hoping to find an American Football sim that has the quality of OOTP Baseball. After about the one millionth click of the mouse, I came across what I and I am sure thousands of other guys who love football and sports simulation games have been longing for a very long time. Like the kid on that Disney commercial says, "I'm too excited to sleep," as he awaits his trip to Disney World, I am also too excited to sleep as I and many other await immersing ourselves in the world of Beyond the Sideline Football, away from the hurts, disappointments, and pain of this life for a time as we get lost in a sim world building our teams.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:34 AM   #44
Prongle
Minors (Single A)

Very much looking forward to this. Thank you to all involved!
Old 02-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #45
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We'll accept applications once we come closer to beta, so in about 9-12 months I guess.
Is also love to beta test the game when time comes , glad finally a football game , I had to stop football mogal. Long ago due to its limitations and players ratings and I keep trying each version hoping its better and up to what I want in a game but hasn't scratched my itch so just glad ootp has a football game now

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
Old 02-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #46
dmytron

Hey, OOTP guys, are you trying make Sports Mogul go bankrupt? You have to be ashamed of yourself!

Old 02-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #47
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
Hey, OOTP guys, are you trying make Sports Mogul go bankrupt? You have to be ashamed of yourself!
I guess Clay needs to get on the hockey bandwagon too before he does get run over. I beta tested his FB game in 2012 and got no reply about a hockey game. Whenever Markus decides to do basketball, no one is gonna' touch OOTP.

Can't find the help you need? Try here:
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software

Last edited by StrikeFour; 02-01-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #48
smythejd
All Star Reserve

Hello guys... I am so excited about this new game. I play OOTP daily and am a casual baseball fan. I can not imagine how many hours I will log on the football game as I am a HUGE football fan. I have stalked most of the information, watched the online videos and am so looking forward to this game.

I have not seen this question so:

With his (Francis Cole) background at Sports Interactive (i.e. Football manager) (which BTW have fantastic visual play) will BTS (eventually) try to replace the moving "o" with moving football figures? IMO it would take this game through the roof.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:23 PM   #49
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Unfortunately not for the foreseeable future; Not only do they have a whole team of people doing the Engine now it's in 3D, but this starts to get into the area where you need an official license.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #50
smythejd
All Star Reserve

gotcha
Old 02-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #51
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I will happily give OOTP Dev $80 a year for BTS and OOTP. Add a basketball game someday and I'll make it $120.

Not a hockey fan. :P

I also intend to apply as beta tester. Anything to get my hands on this thing sooner!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #52
Rockeo
Major Leagues

Another thing my wife is going to put in my casket when I die lol.... She already knows to put some sort of OOTP item in there.... I cannot wait for this!!!!!! Baseball is my first love but football right behind and knowing that it will have that OOTP feel just makes it that much better!!!!!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #53
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
But you will have to spend every year something like $120 on four games.
Probably the best $120 you'll spend each year.....
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Old 02-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #54
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I may be in a minority but im actually glad Markus didnt take on a american football game himself. As he stated he wasnt as familiar with the game and i think ootp might have suffered. I think it was a very good decision to wait.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:07 PM   #55
packersfan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Awesome! I've been wanting a great OOTP level football GM simulator that is accurate and fun to play. THANK YOU!!! I can not wait!
Old 02-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #56
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

I just checked and I have the original PM when Markus first got in touch with me about BTS (long before it was called BTS, it was AFGM back then!)!

Perhaps one day we'll print it off and sign it and give it away to someone

And then we have the story of how they were at the wrong terminal at Hamburg Airport and I had no idea what was going

We could write a book on the story behind BTS!
Old 02-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #57
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
I just checked and I have the original PM when Markus first got in touch with me about BTS (long before it was called BTS, it was AFGM back then!)!

Perhaps one day we'll print it off and sign it and give it away to someone

And then we have the story of how they were at the wrong terminal at Hamburg Airport and I had no idea what was going

We could write a book on the story behind BTS!
I was curious how the OOTPD connection was made with you.

It's funny, on one of the forums you discussed your game, back last September/October I believe, I remember someone asking you about how you would handle real players, real teams, etc... You said you would have to get in touch with Markus to ask what he did for OOTP.

Then shortly after info went silent on your updates of your independant game.. It's cool to think perhaps just that little contact/query perhaps led to this larger partnership.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #58
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Well I knew Markus originally as we both worked at Sports Interactive at the same time many years ago.

That's why I was planning on asking him. However before I could ask him he found out about my game by complete chance (I think Sebastian told him about the game), so he got in touch and invited me out to Germany.
And from then onwards I couldn't say anything else about AFGM unfortunately!
Old 02-02-2014, 03:45 PM   #59
mark_htfc
Minors (Single A)

This news is brilliant! For years I have been waiting for an updated Football management game, I have tried Football Mogul but I struggled to really get into that, so to now have one announced by OOTP Developments is like a dream come true .

I own and enjoy all the other series that OOTP do (Baseball, Hockey and Boxing) although they are all still a big learning curve, but now all we need it a good Basketball and Rugby sim and then I'd be complete.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #60
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by echolodge View Post
I am overjoyed over the news and wish OOTP Developments the very best on this new game. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent Googling and clicking on links endlessly hoping to find an American Football sim that has the quality of OOTP Baseball. After about the one millionth click of the mouse, I came across what I and I am sure thousands of other guys who love football and sports simulation games have been longing for a very long time. Like the kid on that Disney commercial says, "I'm too excited to sleep," as he awaits his trip to Disney World, I am also too excited to sleep as I and many other await immersing ourselves in the world of Beyond the Sideline Football, away from the hurts, disappointments, and pain of this life for a time as we get lost in a sim world building our teams.
I was right there with you...Googling all kinds of football sims hoping to hit a good one. Did it for years before finally giving up. Then got the email from Markus.

Absolutely fantastic news!