Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #81
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will the schedules for the fictional leagues mirror the NFL or will there be 14-16-18-20 game options?

What about final standings tie-breakers? Will you go with an NFL version or something more basic? Will we know the final weeks tie-breaker possibilities?

Last edited by Orioles1966; 01-31-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #82
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

The default is the real life number of games.
You can customize that, off the top of my head it's about 4-20 (even numbers only).

Quote:
What about final standings tie-breakers? Will you go with an NFL version or something more basic?
Real life of course! Again that is something which is already done.

Quote:
Will we know the final weeks tie-breaker possibilities?
If there's time.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:37 AM   #83
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Does anyone know what sort of customization was in OOTP1?
Heck, I have no clue.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:53 AM   #84
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Apologize if I missed this, can you have multiple leagues in one universe?

I know spring football won't make it into the first version or three, but could we have the NFL and create fictional leagues in the same league file?
Old 01-31-2014, 11:55 AM   #85
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Yes (there may be a limit of how many because you'd all be drafting - if they are in the same country - from the same colleges which would probably have some strange knock-on effect I have not thought of yet)

Last edited by Francis Cole; 01-31-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:04 PM   #86
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I see where it's been said that you can call plays or let play calling be handled by the computer. What if all we want to do is call plays/coach (in game) and have no interest in any of the the management activities or weekly coaching activities? Will we be able to turn these over to the AI?
Old 01-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #87
Statsman1
Major Leagues

Mr. Cole, I'm very impressed with your resilience, and thank you for answering all of these questions as they come.

I am presuming that along with regional demographics / market sizes, you will include regional weather as well? Seasonally appropriate weather conditions for games held in outdoor stadiums?

Along with this, I guess, would be the ability to dictate when a season starts? If I want the players in my league to DIE because they play in Arizona in July, is that going to be my choice?
Old 01-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #88
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

yes, that's the plan.

The computer will basically just treat your team as a computer team in regards to drafting/signing players etc, and the during the game will let you choose the plays.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #89
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statsman1 View Post
Mr. Cole, I'm very impressed with your resilience, answering all of these questions as they come.

I am presuming that along with regional demographics / market sizes, you will include regional weather as well? Seasonally appropriate weather conditions for games held in outdoor stadiums?

Along with this, I guess, would be the ability to dictate when a season starts? If I want the players in my league to DIE because they play in Arizona in July, is that going to be my choice?

Thank you.
Regional weather might not make it for V1, I'd have to model in domes as well as wind factors. As the ball moving around in the air (passes or field goals etc) is a mini physics engine this is not trivial.

Season start is not really customizable.

Due to all the offseason stuff you do (and is a big part of BTS) we really can't have too much variance on the start of the regular season and the end of the playoffs. Because that will then change every other part of the season and it's get complicated very fast.

Of course every fictional league has a different amount of games/teams so it may vary a little bit, but not by a lot.

Last edited by Francis Cole; 01-31-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:25 PM   #90
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

What will be the most conferences per Fictional League?

Will we be able to sweep Fictional League players drug test results under the rug(like they do in the NFL)?

When was the last time an NFL QB was suspended because of PED use? (1999 Jim Miller Chi Bears). That's hard too believe,only one QB has ever been suspended.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 01-31-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:28 PM   #91
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Two.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:37 PM   #92
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
Yes (there may be a limit of how many because you'd all be drafting - if they are in the same country - from the same colleges which would probably have some strange knock-on effect I have not thought of yet)
Will there be lists of colleges for non-US countries, even if they don't play football in RL? I have a file with the list of British universities that I used for an OOTP mod, which I can post here if necessary.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:40 PM   #93
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Here's a question about NFL overtime in your game-What would happen if a team held the ball for the entire 15 minutes of overtime and kicked a FG as time expired. Would the game still continue because the defense never received the ball?
Old 01-31-2014, 12:43 PM   #94
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Here's a question about NFL overtime in your game-What would happen if a team held the ball for the entire 15 minutes of overtime and kicked a FG as time expired. Would the game still continue because the defense never received the ball?
I doubt there is any reason to get into that much detail at the moment
Old 01-31-2014, 12:43 PM   #95
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I'd be intrigued what would happen in real life too.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:45 PM   #96
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Quote:
I think you are running out of questions to ask
I think in real life it would continue to the second period, so we'll do that.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:45 PM   #97
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Quote:
Will there be lists of colleges for non-US countries,
There will be a few. If we don't have enough colleges, I'll just take the some cities for that country and call it "X College" etc.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:52 PM   #98
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
There will be a few. If we don't have enough colleges, I'll just take the some cities for that country and call it "X College" etc.
Makes sense. Here is the file with the list of British (well, England and Scotland) universities (plus service academies, which aren't involved in the BUCS in real life). It's in the OOTP Schools.txt format.
Attached Files
File Type: txt british schools.txt (10.0 KB, 138 views)

Old 01-31-2014, 01:18 PM   #99
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Will (or can) there be some sort of development blog that gets updated maybe once a month on how the development is going or what youre working?

I think thatll make it easier for us to wait for the game and keep us busy reading.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:22 PM   #100
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
Will (or can) there be some sort of development blog that gets updated maybe once a month on how the development is going or what youre working?

I think thatll make it easier for us to wait for the game and keep us busy reading.
True, but then it means less time working on the game and more time answering questions.